• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

All combat effects explained!

moisterrific

Reaction score
<Moderator Edit>
The most up to date list of all BUFFS and DEBUFFS can be found on this page:
https://skullgirlsmobile.fandom.com/wiki/Modifiers

39rk4zD.png

BUFFS (beneficial combat effects):
  • Armor: removes Armor Break and applies Armor. Reduces damage taken by 25% but does not affect Bleed damage. Can stack up to 5 times. Armor also adds up with defence, for example: having 50% defence + 2 stacks of armor will mean a total of 100% damage reduction.
  • Regen: removes Bleed and Heavy Bleed and applies Regen. Recovers 1% of total health per second and can stack up to 5 times. Heal block will halt all stacks of Regen but will not remove the buff.
  • Heavy Regen: removes Bleed and Heavy Bleed and applies Heavy Regen. Recovers 2% of total health per second and does not stack with itself, but can work alongside Regen. Like Regen, Heavy Regen is also paused while Heal Block is active.
  • Enrage: removes Cripple and applies Enrage. Increases outgoing damage by 20% and can stack up to 5 times.
  • Unflinching: no reaction to all incoming hits that can stagger or cause flinching. This grants hitstun invulnerability against all launcher attacks but not against throws, blockbusters, some specials, and outtakes.
  • Invincible: reduces damage taken by 100% but does not affect Bleed or Heavy Bleed.
  • Immune: prevents all incoming debuffs (including stun) from being applied. Does not stack.
  • Haste: removes Slow and increases blockbuster meter gain rate by 100%. Stacks with bonus meter gain stat and caps at 100% total before any fight modifiers.
  • Final Stand: prevents death for the duration of the effect, even if you have 1 HP remaining. Does not stack. Doom will bypass Final Stand.
fLM7qH0.png

DEBUFFS (negative combat effects):
  • Armor Break: removes all stacks of Armor and applies Armor Break. Increases damage taken by 25% and does not stack.
  • Bleed: removes all stacks of Regen or Heavy Regen and applies Bleed. Drains 1% of total health per second and can stack up to 5 times. Bleed will not drain any health if the target has 1 HP remaining.
  • Heavy Bleed: removes all stacks of Regen or Heavy Regen and applies Heavy Bleed. Drains 2% of total health per second and does not stack with itself, but can work alongside Bleed. Heavy Bleed will not drain any health if the target has 1 HP remaining.
  • Cripple: removes all stacks of Enrage and applies Cripple. Reduces outgoing damage by 20% and does not stack.
  • Stun: cannot attack, block, throw, use specials, blockbusters, and tag ins for the duration of the effect. All while being completely vulnerable to incoming attacks.
  • Disable Tag Ins: prevents tag ins from being used and halts tag ins cooldown. Does not stack.
  • Disable Specials: prevents specials from being used and halts specials cooldown. Does not stack.
  • Disable Blockbusters: prevents blockbusters from being used and halts blockbuster meter gain. Does not stack.
  • Slow: removes Haste and deceases blockbuster meter gain by 50%, stacks up to 5 times.
  • Hex: disable Signature Ability for the duration of the effect. Does not stack.
  • Heal Block: blocks all regen-based healing for the duration of the effect. Does not stack.
  • Doom: a permanent debuff only inflicted by Xenomorph Double’s Signature Ability as of now. Will instantly kill the active target after 30 seconds. Fighters who can revive after being defeated can survive this effect. Can only be removed by defeating Double. Does not stack.

Temporary buffs and debuffs will be removed upon tagging out. Permanent buffs cannot be removed via any means, but permanent debuffs such as permanent bleed can be resisted at the start of the match if your resistance stats are high enough.

IpGbQuB.png

Up to date with version 2.0.1 of the game.

ErQkP6p.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job with list but got few concerns:
Armor: removes Armor Break and applies Armor. Reduces damage taken by 25% but does not reduce Bleed damage. Can stack up to 5 times.
(...)
Regen: removes Bleed and Heavy Bleed and applies Regen. Recovers 1% of total health per second and can stack up to 5 times.
(...)
Enrage: removes Cripple and applies Enrage. Increases outgoing damage by 25% and can stack up to 5 times.
(...)
Bleed: removes all stacks of Regen or Heavy Regen and applies Bleed. Drains 1% of total health per second and can stack up to 5 times. Bleed will not drain any health if the target has 1 HP remaining.
(...)
Slow: decreases blockbuster meter gain by 25% and can stack up to 5 times (Ivy League Parasoul).
if each stack gives 25% shouldn't they stop at 4 not 5? Not saying U did anything wrong, perhaps something went wrong elsewhere.

Bleed: removes all stacks of Regen or Heavy Regen and applies Bleed. Drains 1% of total health per second and can stack up to 5 times. Bleed will not drain any health if the target has 1 HP remaining.
Heavy Bleed: removes all stacks of Regen or Heavy Regen and applies Heavy Bleed. Drains 2% of total health per second and does not stack. Heavy Bleed will not drain any health if the target has 1 HP remaining.
Yeah that 1 HP case is funny + two small tips about bleed effects - the more HP our enemy have, the much effective bleed will get; numbers of bleed DMG maybe be lower or higher per each tick, which might seem weird but in total debuff deals accurate DMG.

Haste: Increases blockbuster meter gain rate by 100% (Sketchy Peacock).
Slow: decreases blockbuster meter gain by 25% and can stack up to 5 times (Ivy League Parasoul).
Slow: deceases blockbuster meter gain by 50% (Sketchy Peacock).
Have U checked if they really matter? Also does the Meter Gain stat works at all? Cause Im not very convinced.

Does armor apply after defence damage reduction or before?

Does armor apply after defence damage reduction or before?

After, let's say you have the maximum allowed amount of 50% defence. If you get at least 2 stacks of Armor, you will take 0 damage, at least in theory that's how it should work.

Great job with list but got few concerns:

if each stack gives 25% shouldn't they stop at 4 not 5? Not saying U did anything wrong, perhaps something went wrong elsewhere.

I noticed that each instance of a stackable Buff/Debuff has it's own timer, so if you go over 4 stacks, the additional 5th stack will matter after the first one wears off. Not sure if that was intended, but the 5th stack is not completely useless.

Based on my testing, I also noticed that buffs/debuffs that don't stack also does not reset the timer. So say, I get a 4 second disable on crit, and my combo takes 3 seconds to fully play out. I crit on my first hit, opponent is disabled. I crit on my last hit, nothing happens b/c the initial disable is still in effect, thus effectively, they are only disabled for 1 second (since during that 3 second combo, they are normally flinching and thus unable to do anything anyways).

Based on my testing, I also noticed that buffs/debuffs that don't stack also does not reset the timer. So say, I get a 4 second disable on crit, and my combo takes 3 seconds to fully play out. I crit on my first hit, opponent is disabled. I crit on my last hit, nothing happens b/c the initial disable is still in effect, thus effectively, they are only disabled for 1 second (since during that 3 second combo, they are normally flinching and thus unable to do anything anyways).

Yeah, it's annoying with a multi-hit BB like Tuba Tuba if they get stunned at the start and it wears off just as the final punch hits, so there's no effect at all, really.

If stun refreshed, parasite Weave Filia would be overpowered, as her special is that crits have a chance to stun for 3 seconds so you can just keep ground comboing them, if stun was refreshed, it could be an infinite combo, or a big band could keep cymbal crashing since multiple specials are allowed, thus like 4 cymbal crashes could be cycled for infinite stun.

Yeah, it's annoying with a multi-hit BB like Tuba Tuba if they get stunned at the start and it wears off just as the final punch hits, so there's no effect at all, really.

The only way to solve it is to make the last hit of Tuba Tuba do stun instead of the start (stacking stun would be broken)

Reactions: Psyche
Updated for 1.5.0 to include Final Stand (Weekend Warrior Beowulf) and Hex (Red Velvet Eliza).

I have some questions about the new effect, Doom, which was brought in with Double. From what I understand, Doom is a status effect that kills the character inflicted with it within 30 seconds. First off, I think there are some characters that have the ability to give the enemy a random debuff. Can Doom be inflicted then? Also, is Doom like any other debuff, in which it can be taken away when tagged out?

I have some questions about the new effect, Doom, which was brought in with Double. From what I understand, Doom is a status effect that kills the character inflicted with it within 30 seconds. First off, I think there are some characters that have the ability to give the enemy a random debuff. Can Doom be inflicted then? Also, is Doom like any other debuff, in which it can be taken away when tagged out?
Doom is permanent. If a character inflicted with Doom tags out, the timer pauses but the effect remains. The timer resumes when the character tags back in.

Reactions: Edgewheel
The Immune effect should be updated to reflect that it does not remove active debuffs and only prevents new debuffs from being applied, as confirmed by one of the devs.

Doom is permanent. If a character inflicted with Doom tags out, the timer pauses but the effect remains. The timer resumes when the character tags back in.
Okay, thank you! That's a pretty interesting effect.

Are moves that remove all beneficial status effects supposed to remove immune? Because I can never get that to work, but there's no "except immune" caveat in the move description.

Are moves that remove all beneficial status effects supposed to remove immune? Because I can never get that to work, but there's no "except immune" caveat in the move description.
Anything that says "Removes all beneficial status effects" is supposed to remove immune. Nothing can remove permanent buffs except death.

Are you sure that Doom does not proc even if the fighter is on bench? I am sure in about 90% it will kill tagged out character.

Are you sure that Doom does not proc even if the fighter is on bench? I am sure in about 90% it will kill tagged out character.
I’m sure it pauses. I’ve seen a Doom-ed character tag out, killed the new character, and then DOOM-Ed character tag back in with the DOOM timer in the same place as it was before (I’ve seen this many times now). Just like how permanent bleed or regen don’t affect tagged out characters but remain on those characters while they’re out.