• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Meters: how do they work?

Vex

Reaction score
I've been wondering, outside of the current No Pain No Gain situation, how exactly does the BB meter usually work? Does it depend on damage or number of moves or combo count? Does the defender gain more than the attacker?

this made me wonder. How teammates in reserve gain meter? Does it stop anywhere, a meter cap?
Because as of yet, I never have a tag in with full BB3. Full BB2, yes.

Reactions: Yomady
  • Meter has nothing to do with damage, some moves do little to no damage and still grant meter
  • Meter gain varies for character and special moves (Big Band has the fastest meter gain, while Cerebella has the slowest. Brass Knuckles gives an insane amount of meter on hit, compared to pummel horse which gives no meter at all)
  • Whoever is taking incoming hits will gain meter faster than whoever is doing hits
  • Whoever is blocking incoming hits will gain meter slower than whoever is doing the hits that are being blocked
  • I don’t really know the meter gain rate for fighters in reserve since I’ve never bothered to find out
  • Meter gain stat increases meter gain and stacks with haste
  • Haste increases meter gain by 100%. While it’s active, you gain meter 100% faster when doing and taking hits.
  • Meter gain is capped at 100% before any abilities or modifiers (if you have +75% meter gain and you get Haste, it’s still +100% meter gain in total, not +175%)
  • Supercharged is an anomaly and can surpass the 100% meter gain cap, using attacks that can drain or disable meter in the supercharged modifier will still end up charging the meter more than draining or disabling it

• Meter has nothing to do with damage, some moves do little to no damage and still grant meter
  • Meter gain varies for character and special moves (Big Band has the fastest meter gain, while Cerebella has the slowest. Brass Knuckles gives an insane amount of meter on hit, compared to pummel horse which gives no meter at all)
  • Whoever is taking incoming hits will gain meter faster than whoever is doing hits
  • Whoever is blocking incoming hits will gain meter slower than whoever is doing the hits that are being blocked
  • I don’t really know the meter gain rate for fighters in reserve since I’ve never bothered to find out
  • Meter gain stat increases meter gain and stacks with haste
  • Haste increases meter gain by 100%. While it’s active, you gain meter 100% faster when doing and taking hits.
  • Meter gain is capped at 100% before any abilities or modifiers (if you have +75% meter gain and you get Haste, it’s still +100% meter gain in total, not +175%)
  • Supercharged is an anomaly and can surpass the 100% meter gain cap, using attacks that can drain or disable meter in the supercharged modifier will still end up charging the meter more than draining or disabling it
Wait you said meter gain and haste stacks and haste gives 100% meter gain. But you also said that meter gain is capped at 100% even with haste so isn't it basically not stacking :thinking:

this made me wonder. How teammates in reserve gain meter? Does it stop anywhere, a meter cap?
Because as of yet, I never have a tag in with full BB3. Full BB2, yes.
Hits add on to the blockbusters in reserve too, but as guessed I think it's slower?. Meter gains work a little bit in reserve.