• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Skullgirls Login / Account Migration FAQ

Would we be able to fight with other people online and will all the skull girls characters be available to play as?

As you may have heard, we’re going to be transitioning to a new Skullgirls App in 2018!

I’m sure you have a TON of questions -- that’s what this FAQ is for! Please reply to this thread with any questions that aren’t currently covered, and we’ll do our best keep this updated with new responses.

Without further ado, let’s dive in!

OMG IS SKULLGIRLS MOBILE SHUTTING DOWN?!

No!
...well, yes AND no.

The LINE version of Skullgirls IS shutting down on January 15th, 2018, but the Autumn version of Skullgirls will be launching soon afterwards, better than ever!​

BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Basically, after January 15th, the current version of Skullgirls on your device(s) will no longer function, and you will need to download a new version of Skullgirls from the App Store and/or Google Play to continue playing.​

DOES THAT MEAN I’M GOING TO LOSE MY PROGRESS?

Certainly not!

However, to ensure that you data can be migrated to the new App, you are going to need to create a Skullgirls Login (you will be prompted to do so as soon as you open the 1.6 version of the App). You will need your Skullgirls Login in order to continue playing in the new version with your existing data.

If for some reason you do not login to Skullgirls and create a Skullgirls Login between now and January 15th, your data will be lost once the LINE Skullgirls version shuts down.​

BUT I’VE ALREADY LOGGED IN VIA [FACEBOOK / GOOGLE / LINE]! ISN’T THAT ENOUGH?

Unfortunately, we can’t use those existing social media accounts to authenticate your data in the new App.

Everyone MUST create a new Skullgirls Login to transfer your data over to the new App.

MAKE A NEW SKULLGIRLS LOGIN, EH? WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?

In addition to being able to keep your data? You'll also get a FREE SILVER LINING RELIC for your trouble!
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO AFTER I CREATE MY ACCOUNT? DO I NEED TO VERIFY MY EMAIL?

No, your email does not NEED to be Verified in order to transfer your data.

Once you have entered your email/password, you have technically done everything you need to do in order to transfer your data. Yay!

However, we strongly recommend Verifying your account in order to ensure that you have entered all of your Skullgirls login authentication properly in case you need to recover/create a new email later in the process.​

WHY ARE YOU LAUNCHING A NEW APP ANYWAY?

LINE and Autumn Games have decided to part ways. Up until now, LINE has been our publishing and distribution partner for Skullgirls, which also means they are responsible for publishing the app on the App Store / Google Play.

Since Autumn Games and Hidden Variable will be independently publishing the game now, we need to release a new version of the app that players will need to download in order to complete the transition.​

WHY ARE LINE AND AUTUMN PARTING WAYS?

Both LINE and Autumn mutually agreed that it was best for the future of Skullgirls mobile to end their partnership.​

DOES THIS CHANGE THE BUILD UPDATE SCHEDULE?

It does!

1.6.0 is going to be the last version of Skullgirls that we plan to release with LINE - that means there won't be any more app updates until mid-January (instead of our usual monthly update cadence).

As you might imagine, there’s a lot of “under the hood” work that needs to be done in order to facilitate this transition. As such, we need to give it our undivided attention so we can ensure that the transition is as seamless as possible.

However, once the new version goes live, you can expect us to return to a more consistent update schedule.​

IS EVERYTHING OK? ARE THINGS GOING TO BE BETTER? WORSE?

Better! As an independently operated game, we will not be restricted by corporate policies or other limiting factors that might impede our ability to rapidly implement new, exciting features.

We’re extremely hyped about what this means for Skullgirls in 2018 - we can’t wait to share more information about what we have planned!​

WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING FOR 2018?

We'll be posting our standard detailed update notes regarding our 2.0 update (due out in mid January) in mid-December. We also plan to share more details regarding what exciting features we have planned for the rest of 2018. Stay tuned!
If you have any additional questions, please share them below and we will do our best to answer them promptly and update the FAQ above as appropriate.

Thanks as always for all your patience and support! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Why bother with making a new app and shutting down the old one? I find this to be inconvenient and ignorant. Could anyone provide the information as to why they are doing this and why only Asian markets have the new app right now?

Why bother with making a new app and shutting down the old one? I find this to be inconvenient and ignorant. Could anyone provide the information as to why they are doing this and why only Asian markets have the new app right now?

I promise that this has been extremely inconvenient for us as well!

If there was another option that didn't involve making a new app and having all players create new Skullgirls Logins, we would have taken that route. Unfortunately, LINE policy required that we create a brand new app as opposed to transferring ownership of the old app.

Why Skullgirls Logins?

There are limitations regarding what data LINE is able to directly share with Autumn / Hidden Variable as part of the migration process. This includes Social Network Account Authentication details.

As such, we needed to create a brand new account type that we could bind to existing user accounts - hence the Skullgirls Login.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience!

So, hate to be a bother, but since the new APK dropped I seem to no longer have a supported device, am I just not able to play anymore? My phone worked with the LINE version so I'm just not clear as to why it doesn't work...

So, hate to be a bother, but since the new APK dropped I seem to no longer have a supported device, am I just not able to play anymore? My phone worked with the LINE version so I'm just not clear as to why it doesn't work...
Can you share your device information with us?
Most of our device compatibility should be the same as 1.6.1.

We also recommend that you do not download the illegitimate APK, and that you wait for the app to be released in your region on January 18th.
Attempting to login with your Skullgirls Login early can create conflicts that may jeopardize your old save data from LINE Skullgirls.

You can read all about this on our site.

I promise that this has been extremely inconvenient for us as well!

If there was another option that didn't involve making a new app and having all players create new Skullgirls Logins, we would have taken that route. Unfortunately, LINE policy required that we create a brand new app as opposed to transferring ownership of the old app.

Why Skullgirls Logins?

There are limitations regarding what data LINE is able to directly share with Autumn / Hidden Variable as part of the migration process. This includes Social Network Account Authentication details.

As such, we needed to create a brand new account type that we could bind to existing user accounts - hence the Skullgirls Login.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience!
Thank you for clearing that bit of confusion. I hope the transition runs smoothly.

Reactions: Liam
I am so pissed, I just got this memo and I lost everything, that’s so not fair! Do you guys do anything for the people that lost everything?!

I am so pissed, I just got this memo and I lost everything, that’s so not fair! Do you guys do anything for the people that lost everything?!
@Jadzea

Sorry to hear this!

Can you send us an email at skullgirls@hiddenvariable.com?

No promises - but - we can attempt to locate your previous data in the LINE database depending on how much information you can provide us!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Reactions: Jadzea
The official app released on my country, still saying that i don't have a skullgirls account. Really losing my hopes :T

Damn seems like I lost my data. Contacted support so hopefully they respond and help me get everything back

Damn seems like I lost my data. Contacted support so hopefully they respond and help me get everything back
Hey Maijin! We received your email and you will get a response sometime tomorrow!

Thanks for your patience!

Reactions: JarlBeimar
Hey Maijin! We received your email and you will get a response sometime tomorrow!

Thanks for your patience!
Oh ok glad to hear you received it. I bet your pretty busy. I don’t expect a response right away.

Reactions: Liam
I can’t login to get my data back I think I have to start all over now

Sorry but there is a problem whith the new upgrade, when you presa the "go back" or "home" button It shows me a conection sign and then ms fortune tell me there is a problem connecting, when i touch the cancel button go back but the changes y made in the other screen dont save so i cant for example put new moves in a characther because cant connect for some reason, sorry if my english is bad i am from spain

Sorry but there is a problem whith the new upgrade, when you presa the "go back" or "home" button It shows me a conection sign and then ms fortune tell me there is a problem connecting, when i touch the cancel button go back but the changes y made in the other screen dont save so i cant for example put new moves in a characther because cant connect for some reason, sorry if my english is bad i am from spain

Having the same issue, hoping that the devs are aware and working to fix it.

Reactions: Quilux
I dont want to be a pain in the bum here, but... i just buy a painweel relic for 150 teonites and i got a double for some reason

There is a problem with the accounts now... i was playing just fine a wile ago and now all the sudden It wont let me play, It show me a sign with ms fortune and tells me the is a problem connecting my account

I dont want to be a pain in the bum here, but... i just buy a painweel relic for 150 teonites and i got a double for some reason
The character relics have been changed. Now there is only a 50% chance you will get a Cerebella when you open a Cerebella relic. If you tap the little 'i' icon on the top right of each relic it tells you exactly what kind of things you can get from it.

There is a problem with the accounts now... i was playing just fine a wile ago and now all the sudden It wont let me play, It show me a sign with ms fortune and tells me the is a problem connecting my account
There's some issues with people not being able to connect for a while. It fixed itself after a few hours on my game, so maybe take a break and check after a little while?

Reactions: Quilux
Well I'm pissed. The game wouldn't accept the email address or password and now I've lost a level 38 gold big band.
This sucks!!!