• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

“Maxed out” fighters in Accursed Experiments

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
I’m happy for the inclusion of some high difficulty content into the game; gives experienced players a challenge that didn’t really exist before. But one strange thing I noticed about Accursed Experiments is the enemy Fighter Scores. The description in the update said we’d be facing Level 50, maxed out gold fighters with special modifiers. But when I went to play the first fight in the event, I saw fighters with FSs that are unachievable with our own fighters. Like a Harlequin ‘Bella with a FS of 15K; that’s weird because her max FS as we are able to get her to is 11.1K. Where is the extra FS coming from?

The description in the update said we’d be facing Level 50, maxed out gold fighters with special modifiers. But when I went to play the first fight in the event, I saw fighters with FSs that are unachievable with our own fighters. Like a Harlequin ‘Bella with a FS of 15K; that’s weird because her max FS as we are able to get her to is 11.1K. Where is the extra FS coming from?
It's a special bonus to make these fights extra hard and give extra XP for beating them! Don't expect to ever get FS that high on your own fighters. :)

Reactions: Psyche
It's a special bonus to make these fights extra hard and give extra XP for beating them! Don't expect to ever get FS that high on your own fighters. :)
I gathered that much. What I’m asking for is where the extra FS is coming from. “Maxed out” suggests all nodes filled, which has a finite amount of FS it can provide. So do these Accursed fighters have extra nodes? Where are they; in HP, Attack, Cooldowns? Are the increased FS due to the fight modifiers, or are they inherent to the fighters themselves? If it’s inherent, how far up can they push the FS? Would a 50k or 100k FS Marie boss fight be possible in the future?

I gathered that much. What I’m asking for is where the extra FS is coming from. “Maxed out” suggests all nodes filled, which has a finite amount of FS it can provide. So do these Accursed fighters have extra nodes? Where are they; in HP, Attack, Cooldowns? Are the increased FS due to the fight modifiers, or are they inherent to the fighters themselves? If it’s inherent, how far up can they push the FS? Would a 50k or 100k FS Marie boss fight be possible in the future?
The modifier says start with double health and double attack..I guess that's why..

I recall seeing @ImaiKari say something about FS being the sum total of node upgrades, attack and HP though somehow excluding all stat boosts that come from equipment. So maybe they have a higher FS because their attack and health are unnaturally high pre-modifier? This would make sense for the training dummies, too, as they have more HP than any playable fighter.

I recall seeing @ImaiKari say something about FS being the sum total of node upgrades, attack and HP though somehow excluding all stat boosts that come from equipment. So maybe they have a higher FS because their attack and health are unnaturally high pre-modifier? This would make sense for the training dummies, too, as they have more HP than any playable fighter.
Right, because otherwise moistterrific’s Armed Forces Bella would have an insanely high FS (same for his Harlequin). But you encounter them in Prize Fights and their FS are just the normal max. So when you think of it like that, these Accursed fighters seem to have extra nodes in their trees to give them extra FS. And I just want to know where these extra stats have been added in.

Right, because otherwise moistterrific’s Armed Forces Bella would have an insanely high FS (same for his Harlequin). But you encounter them in Prize Fights and their FS are just the normal max. So when you think of it like that, these Accursed fighters seem to have extra nodes in their trees to give them extra FS. And I just want to know where these extra stats have been added in.
Might just be a manual, artificial boost to attack and HP directly through the code. As there aren’t that many different fighters there, it’s not unreasonable to say the devs could’ve created/manipulated the stats for each and every one. Could be AI-exclusive nodes too, I suppose.

Looking at the boss and treasure nodes for the event, I gotta say that treasure node fight is ridiculous. Trying to beat 3 tank characters with double health in essentially 1.5 minutes is really tough. Like, skill doesn't help. This fight really shows the RNG nature of this game. Unless you've got a lot of attack specs, there's no way you can deal enough damage to get all three in time.

Looking at the boss and treasure nodes for the event, I gotta say that treasure node fight is ridiculous. Trying to beat 3 tank characters with double health in essentially 1.5 minutes is really tough. Like, skill doesn't help. This fight really shows the RNG nature of this game. Unless you've got a lot of attack specs, there's no way you can deal enough damage to get all three in time.
This is when you put a valentine in your team. Revive. Bam 30more seconds. Tested myself, it works, beat the treasure team second try.

This is when you put a valentine in your team. Revive. Bam 30more seconds. Tested myself, it works, beat the treasure team second try.
This is a good strategy although I have not tried it yet. However, from what I've heard, isn't Doom only supposed to kill each fighter once? Big Top and Last Hope drop to 0 HP, effectively dying before reviving without a second countdown. Shouldn't teammates revived by Forbidden Procedure also come back without Doom? I might've simply misread it when somebody was talking about it, though.
I honestly just want to know because I haven't attempted that node yet so it would be great to know it inside out before going in.

Reactions: LlamaTrauma7
This is a good strategy although I have not tried it yet. However, from what I've heard, isn't Doom only supposed to kill each fighter once? Big Top and Last Hope drop to 0 HP, effectively dying before reviving without a second countdown. Shouldn't teammates revived by Forbidden Procedure also come back without Doom? I might've simply misread it when somebody was talking about it, though.
I honestly just want to know because I haven't attempted that node yet so it would be great to know it inside out before going in.
Can confirm that after reviving using Valentine's BB2, the revived character did not have Doom upon tagging in.

Very, very clever. Never crossed my mind, but worked perfectly. Thank you for sharing the info as well. Much appreciated.

Your advice worked beautifully.
This discussion is why I think this kind of event is exactly what the game needed. Everyone is so hung up on attack being the only thing you should be doing in this game (which honestly is the most efficient thing 95% of the time), when there's so much potential depth with the mechanics. These events seem impossible if you just try to tank them, but a little thought and creative use of abilities can often take them down very easily.

Sorry that's a bit off topic.

Re: the actual discussion, yeah it's likely there's invisible dev only nodes that can be used to pump the stats of any character as high as they want. What we see visually in the game is very different to what is under the hood.

This discussion is why I think this kind of event is exactly what the game needed. Everyone is so hung up on attack being the only thing you should be doing in this game (which honestly is the most efficient thing 95% of the time), when there's so much potential depth with the mechanics. These events seem impossible if you just try to tank them, but a little thought and creative use of abilities can often take them down very easily.

Sorry that's a bit off topic.

Re: the actual discussion, yeah it's likely there's invisible dev only nodes that can be used to pump the stats of any character as high as they want. What we see visually in the game is very different to what is under the hood.
Could just be the devs boosting their base HP and attack (though i doubt it because goliath and slayer mods). Or the FS is just an abritrary number the devs boosted them to without actually raising base stats

The opponents are level 50 gold fighters with all level 15 gold moves.

Other than modifiers, they don’t have any additional stats that player teams in PF might have (resistances, defence, stat bonuses, etc.)

The inflated FS might just be an arbitrary value the devs set.

So errr did anyone else e̶x̶p̶l̶o̶i̶t̶ experience the 'unintended issues' with the event before they were removed? I got like 5 times the amount of keys the event was supposed to give out

So errr did anyone else e̶x̶p̶l̶o̶i̶t̶ experience the 'unintended issues' with the event before they were removed? I got like 5 times the amount of keys the event was supposed to give out
Shhh... There never was an exploit @_@

Accursed Experiment
More like Stunlock experiment

Maxed gold character that dont have stun resist? what?

Accursed Experiment
More like Stunlock experiment

Maxed gold character that dont have stun resist? what?
I feel they don’t have defense either.