• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"WULFSBANE" - Strategy and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
WULFSBANE.png

This thread is for discussing Beowulf's gold variant: "WULFSBANE"
General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.

Last edited:
Ah Wulfsbane, a love letter to true destruction and brute force with his debuffs AND extra damage to those debuffed enemies.

Your best bet is to maximize your attack stat and defense stat to keep yourself up in case you slip, as many times, he's framed as tanky to almost all of the fighters that aren't himself or a Big Band or Cerebella. I personally have priority towards Critical rate and damage as I'm partial to using Geatish Trepak and element bonus in order to weed our Diva Intervention, Epic Sax, and Big Top. Also recommended is Meter Gain in order to bring down the amount of time it takes to charge a BB or a BB3.

If you can pair well with a regen inducing partner (I.E Surgeon General), you're making real strides as he can dish out enough damage to wreck most team granted they can be directly affected by the debuffs (In this case, he's countered by Armor like Armed Forces / Resonant Evil)

Suggested moves I would say are:

BB: Geatish Trepak (If you lean towards critical hits)
BB: Lupine Pummel (Cannot crit, but has much more hits compared to Geatish Trepak. Either are a good way to deal with unflinching enemies as they are also command grabs)
BB3: Wulfamania! (The best when used during Hype Mode)
Wulf Shoot (A must to get Hype Mode to it's peak)
Wulf Blitzer (Also a must, in case the ground combo + air combo does not land a debuff, Wulf Blitzer has a chance to land Armor Break. Can help deal with Armored units)
Beowulf's Howl (The taunt in which he gains haste while howling. Also gives 1 Hype Mode token. Use it after knocking out someone for a chance to bring up the meter gain for Wulfamania or your other BB3!)

I will say his unblockable charge move is as good as it gets. It's no Titan Knuckle in terms of range, but Grendel Flex actually does two large hits to the opponent, which can be a wonderful start to a second opponent's life when you charge and let it unleash right as they fall in to battle!

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if there was information about which advanced stats go best with Beowulf

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if there was information about which advanced stats go best with Beowulf
ATK%, HP%, Def and Meter gain. He does plenty of damage with just his basic hits so I don't think that meter gain is essential, but its always nice. ATK% would be his best stat IMO.

Definitely agreed, ATK% is his main stat and should be maxed out ASAP

Def% and HP% helps with the tank, but his main strategy is to be a heavy hitting force regardless of what so he enjoys being the "Tank" so to speak if you can build him up as such!

You can also build up Crit stats, though that's not "ideally" recommended (I say this because I have him running with at least 50%+ Crit rate and 38% damage) but can be fun to work with if you so choose. Because of his stats, he's always going to be knocking hard and leaving a dent into the enemy so your best bets are to

A.) Increase the damage output as much as possible, with his SA, any debuffed enemies (Not including the ones he gives via throws) will receive extra damage. Therefore, having as much attack as you can built in will make sure to wreck an opponent if you play wisely.

B.) Decrease the damage taken as much as possible (Blocked Damage counts too!)

C.) Have enough health to tank in case you are struck by a BB3 / an opponent's combo

You can think of this variant as a literal Hype Train, keep it chugging and keep the train going!

How the h*ck do you use wulf shoot without getting shut down by the ai.
Every time I use it in high-level prize fights the ai either uses a blockbuster/special-move or launches me into the air with an uppercut.
And it's not like you can combo it either, so as far as I know the move is utterly useless since you can't reliably use it.

How the h*ck do you use wulf shoot without getting shut down by the ai.
Every time I use it in high-level prize fights the ai either uses a blockbuster/special-move or launches me into the air with an uppercut.
And it's not like you can combo it either, so as far as I know the move is utterly useless since you can't reliably use it.
Here is some Wulf Shoot education. First, you use Wulf Shoot to catch dashing opponents. Second, there is one true combo into Wulf Shoot, which is is simply L5 into Wulf Shoot. Finally you can try to catch opponents that are waking up with Wulf Shoot.

Reactions: educavalcantee
which of beos bb3s is best for wulfsbane?
I run Wulfamania because every hit of it is a throw that can activate the Wulfsbane SA. As such it inherently does more damage on its own than Three Wulf Moonsault does. I also love to just pop Hype Mode and use Wulfamania to get the penguin finisher.

Reactions: educavalcantee
I run Wulfamania because every hit of it is a throw that can activate the Wulfsbane SA. As such it inherently does more damage on its own than Three Wulf Moonsault does. I also love to just pop Hype Mode and use Wulfamania to get the penguin finisher.

The penguin is the best! :D