• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Substat question

Shambles88

Reaction score
I was wondering if the substat of the SM or BB are fixed or randomly generated.

If are fixed maybe there are 5 or so sets of substat for each SM or BM.
If they are random that means that i can farm moves so in the long run i could have a Gold SM with 3% ATK 3%HP 3% meter gain?

Reactions: Psyche
I was wondering if the substat of the SM or BB are fixed or randomly generated.
If are fixed maybe there are 5 or so sets of substat for each SM or BM. If they are random that means that i can farm moves so in the long run i could have a Gold SM with 3% ATK 3%HP 3% meter gain?
They are in fact all based on RNG! Therefore, you can in fact get a gold SM with those parameters! However... Most of us are uh... "lacking" the luck there but it's totally possible! If I recall correctly as well, there may be an update that will let you check the substats of the moves after you obtain them! But otherwise, yeah, its all random so you may get lucky and get those 3 stats you want! Or... Like me, and get mainly moves with "Stun Resist" or "Block Proficiency"

: V

They are in fact all based on RNG! Therefore, you can in fact get a gold SM with those parameters! However... Most of us are uh... "lacking" the luck there but it's totally possible! If I recall correctly as well, there may be an update that will let you check the substats of the moves after you obtain them! But otherwise, yeah, its all random so you may get lucky and get those 3 stats you want! Or... Like me, and get mainly moves with "Stun Resist" or "Block Proficiency"

: V
To add onto your comment, for really good defensive trees, it doesn't hurt having a high bleed resist, stun resist, high defense combo. Block proficiency is good if you are having trouble with backdashing to avoid damage (Especially with characters like Big Band who have a weak backdash).

The only stats I toss away are the flat ATK and flat HP, they don't serve my gold characters in the long run and I would rather have better resists than a flat stat bonus.

Reactions: Wulfden
To add onto your comment, for really good defensive trees, it doesn't hurt having a high bleed resist, stun resist, high defense combo. Block proficiency is good if you are having trouble with backdashing to avoid damage (Especially with characters like Big Band who have a weak backdash).

The only stats I toss away are the flat ATK and flat HP, they don't serve my gold characters in the long run and I would rather have better resists than a flat stat bonus.
Totally! I don't mind the defensive much, it's mainly about my Beowulf drop rates honestly (I run Wulfsbane so block proficiency over defense is ehhh considering he already has a good starting amount on the defensive trees. I just try to get an overall balance.)

The flat statistics are the worst and toss out ones since percentages are where it's at, but that said it does give quite a good thought process and strategy in terms of resists and buffs to your fighter...! Thanks for bringing that aspect up as well!

Reactions: Gamma Ray
Totally! I don't mind the defensive much, it's mainly about my Beowulf drop rates honestly (I run Wulfsbane so block proficiency over defense is ehhh considering he already has a good starting amount on the defensive trees. I just try to get an overall balance.)

The flat statistics are the worst and toss out ones since percentages are where it's at, but that said it does give quite a good thought process and strategy in terms of resists and buffs to your fighter...! Thanks for bringing that aspect up as well!
Yeah I think the better defensive teams I face focus their stats into those areas since sometimes their move selection is "weird" but I am guessing it gives them the stats that make the characters living tanks, especially with the modifier system now.