• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resolved Error Code 5309 on login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Small Band

Reaction score
A little background: I’m from Russia and our government recently went on an immense ban streak, banning a couple MILLION IPs belonging to Amazon and Google.

The issue is immediately resolved when using a VPN, so I assume this is related to the IP bans. I also can’t get onto the forum as long as I’m not using a VPN.

I know this isn’t easy to solve, it’s more of a “let you know” thread.

A little background: I’m from Russia and our government recently went on an immense ban streak, banning a couple MILLION IPs belonging to Amazon and Google.

The issue is immediately resolved when using a VPN, so I assume this is related to the IP bans. I also can’t get onto the forum as long as I’m not using a VPN.

I know this isn’t easy to solve, it’s more of a “let you know” thread.
Yeah, we've been aware of the situation for awhile, but because the block is at a government level there is very little we can do to help.

We've been recommending a VPN, but I'm curious to know which one worked best for you that might be the easiest for users to use?

Yeah, we've been aware of the situation for awhile, but because the block is at a government level there is very little we can do to help.

We've been recommending a VPN, but I'm curious to know which one worked best for you that might be the easiest for users to use?

I only ever tried Windscribe, because I signed up during a promotion where you could get a 50 GB data cap on a free account (10 GB normally, still more than enough for Skullgirls). I thought it was a one-time thing, but I’ve had the same cap and it’s probably permanent, so I see no need to switch.

Easy to use (just a huge button that turns on VPN and a list of available servers), and free accounts offer a considerable variety of countries. Paid accounts offer way more countries and unlimited data, but most Russians will probably find it very pricey (1 month is 699 RUB, which is more or less the price of a good internet plan). They also offer a Windows VPN and a Chrome plugin.

I should probably mention again that I haven’t tried any other VPN services, so there might be something better, I’m just not aware of it.

Reactions: Liam
Anyone else getting Error Code 5309?
In between Beep. Boop. Connection error boxes, it stalls on the title screen with "Checking for updates..." next to jogging Sagan.

My situation has nothing to do with the OP from 4 years ago. No Russia and no VPN stuff.

Anyone else getting Error Code 5309?
In between Beep. Boop. Connection error boxes, it stalls on the title screen with "Checking for updates..." next to jogging Sagan.

My situation has nothing to do with the OP from 4 years ago. No Russia and no VPN stuff.
Are you still having this issue? This past Saturday in particular we had a critical issue with our Servers that took a little while to resolve.

The issue resolved later that night, thanks. As soon as I posted, I thought "duh, check the discord." For what it lacks in form and function, it excels in immediacy. (still prefer the forums over discord though)

снова ошибка 5309
Как я понял это временно
И связано с нагруженными серверами
Тебе просто стоит подождать

Last edited:
Help please! I have the same error 5309, but VPN doesn't help me to connect. I'm from Russia, but when I used a German VPN, even "been a German" I couldn't return to the game. Devs, please, let me know what to do :'c

Status
Not open for further replies.