• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"DEAD OF WINTER" - Speculation and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Dead Of Winter.jpg

This thread is for discussing the upcoming Gold Squigly variant, "DEAD OF WINTER"
Feel free to speculate to your heart's content, and make sure to keep on eye on our social media for some clues on how her Signature Ability functions!

Do you wanna build a zombie girl?

Hmm, the only two other variants I can think of that are clearly branded as 'ice' as a sub-element of water are Bad Ms Frosty and Brain Freeze, so I wonder whether she will somehow follow in one of their footsteps or strike out on her own. To be fair, we already have No Egrets as BMF's twin sister so I don't think Dead of Winter will be too similar to that.

Reactions: Al Qedic
This may sound exaggerated but I have always imagined a SA like this, and this Squigly looks perfect for this SA, but I doubt it since it is possibly the Squigly that they will give in their Prize Fights
SERIOUSLY FROST (SA1)
CRITICAL HITS have a 10%/25%/50% chance to make PERMANENT the temporary Player BUFFS.
SERIOUSLY FROST (SA2)
CRITICAL HITS have a 10%/25%/50% chance to make PERMANENT the temporary Opponent DEBUFFS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Qedic
This may sound exaggerated but I have always imagined a SA like this, and this Squigly looks perfect for this SA, but I doubt it since it is possibly the Squigly that they will give in their Prize Fights
SERIOUSLY FROST (SA1)
CRITICAL HITS have a 10%/25%/50% chance to make PERMANENT the temporary Player BUFFS.
SERIOUSLY FROST (SA2)
CRITICAL HITS have a 10%/25%/50% chance to make PERMANENT the temporary Opponent DEBUFFS.
Ah, this is that 'carbonisation' concept you came up with a while ago, right? Yeah, it sounds cool but I think you're correct in saying it's unlikely that this is the Signature Ability that this Squigly will have.

I imagined this being the training double rather than Emily from Corpse Bride pallet??

ok, i'd let this one die for the 5 stacks of armour upon revival
the cutest girl in the cast is a formidable tank, bless her zombie heart

I just saw the video did she just “revive”?

From the teaser, I'm guessing she has a x% chance of getting revived if a teammate lands a critical hit.
She would also gain 5 stack or armor that might be semi-permanent. [ Doesn't have the PERMANENT symbol around the armor ]
The armor would last until she tags out or until the enemy Armor Break it.

what if against certain fighters that have wished upon the skullheart if shes killed she will revive once per match with 15,20,30% health and regenfor 5,7,10 seconds

• Once per match when defeated, revive with 25% HEALTH and 3/4/5 stacks of ARMOR when any teammate uses a launcher
  • Tag-in damage increased by 20% per COMBO HIT

Based on observations from the Twitter teaser:
  • 0:00 - Dead of Winter is dead and a silver Grey Matter is fighting a gold Epic Sax
  • 0:03 - Grey Matter launches Epic Sax on the 7th combo hit and at this instant Dead of Winter is revived with about 25% HP
  • 0:04 - Cerebella uses Diamonds Are Forever on Big Band and this results in Big Band being knocked to his side of the wall and bounced back
  • 0:07 - Cerebella tags in Squigly, the combo hit count shows 8. Also at this instant we can see Squigly has about 25% HP and 5 stacks of temporary Armor with what appears to be infinite duration
  • 0:08 - The first hit of Squigly’s tag in move deals no damage but increased the continuous combo count to 9. Squigly then bursts from her coffin and inflicts apparently massive tag in damage on the 10th combo hit.
  • 0:09 - The hit of Squigly’s tag in inflicts a wall bounce against Big Band. She then hits him with her 1st and 2nd ground combo hits
  • 0:10 - She uses her tier 1 Blockbuster (Squigly Battle Opera) and Big Band is kill

Notes:
  • The one thing that struck me in this teaser was her massive tag-in damage. I have the strongest Harlequin in existence with a total attack of about ~12K and she does slightly less damage on tag-in than a <6K FS Dead of Winter (~5,200 vs. 5,228)
  • We can see Squigly’s jab did a non-crit damage of 785. From this we can deduce her approx. total ATK stat as shown in the vid. We know jab hits have a scaling of 15% relative to ATK for most characters (20% for Cerebella). So Dead of Winter either has an ATK of ~5,233 or 3,925
  • So far characters have had a tag in damage scaling of 30%, 40%, and 50%, so we can put all 3 scalings against Squigly’s 2 possible ATK stats to see if we can get a suspicious number (the actual Dead of Winter tag in damage if she had no SA)
  • 30% would result in either 1,570 or 1,178, 40% results in 2,093 or 1,570, and 50% would result in 2,617 or 1,963
  • now to calculate the percent difference between Dead of Winter’s tag in damage (5,228) with every possible tag in amount before SA influence: 1,570 = 3.33x, 1,178 = 4.44x, 2,093 = 2.5x, 2,617 = 2x, 1,963 = 2.66x
  • Narrowing down the 2 likely candidates: 2,093 (2.5x) and 2,617 (2x) and lets see if we can correlate the difference with the combo hit number (10) of Squigly’s massive damage tag-in
  • We can get either a 8% tag-in damage increase per combo hit or 20%
  • Assuming Squigly’s jab has 15% scaling and her tag-in having 50% scaling, she would inflict 20% bonus tag-in damage per combo hit and since it was 10 hits, her tag in did 200% more damage than it would normally do

Reactions: Arianna williams
  • Once per match when defeated, revive with 25% HEALTH and 3/4/5 stacks of ARMOR when any teammate uses a launcher
  • Tag-in damage increased by 20% per COMBO HIT
Based on observations from the Twitter teaser:
  • 0:00 - Dead of Winter is dead and a silver Grey Matter is fighting a gold Epic Sax
  • 0:03 - Grey Matter launches Epic Sax on the 7th combo hit and at this instant Dead of Winter is revived with about 25% HP
  • 0:04 - Cerebella uses Diamonds Are Forever on Big Band and this results in Big Band being knocked to his side of the wall and bounced back
  • 0:07 - Cerebella tags in Squigly, the combo hit count shows 8. Also at this instant we can see Squigly has about 25% HP and 5 stacks of temporary Armor with what appears to be infinite duration
  • 0:08 - The first hit of Squigly’s tag in move deals no damage but increased the continuous combo count to 9. Squigly then bursts from her coffin and inflicts apparently massive tag in damage on the 10th combo hit.
  • 0:09 - The hit of Squigly’s tag in inflicts a wall bounce against Big Band. She then hits him with her 1st and 2nd ground combo hits
  • 0:10 - She uses her tier 1 Blockbuster (Squigly Battle Opera) and Big Band is kill

Notes:
  • The one thing that struck me in this teaser was her massive tag-in damage. I have the strongest Harlequin in existence with a total attack of about ~12K and she does slightly less damage on tag-in than a <6K FS Dead of Winter (~5,200 vs. 5,228)
  • We can see Squigly’s jab did a non-crit damage of 785. From this we can deduce her approx. total ATK stat as shown in the vid. We know jab hits have a scaling of 15% relative to ATK for most characters (20% for Cerebella). So Dead of Winter either has an ATK of ~5,233 or 3,925
  • So far characters have had a tag in damage scaling of 30%, 40%, and 50%, so we can put all 3 scalings against Squigly’s 2 possible ATK stats to see if we can get a suspicious number (the actual Dead of Winter tag in damage if she had no SA)
  • 30% would result in either 1,570 or 1,178, 40% results in 2,093 or 1,570, and 50% would result in 2,617 or 1,963
  • now to calculate the percent difference between Dead of Winter’s tag in damage (5,228) with every possible tag in amount before SA influence: 1,570 = 3.33x, 1,178 = 4.44x, 2,093 = 2.5x, 2,617 = 2x, 1,963 = 2.66x
  • Narrowing down the 2 likely candidates: 2,093 (2.5x) and 2,617 (2x) and lets see if we can correlate the difference with the combo hit number (10) of Squigly’s massive damage tag-in
  • We can get either a 8% tag-in damage increase per combo hit or 20%
  • Assuming Squigly’s jab has 15% scaling and her tag-in having 50% scaling, she would inflict 20% bonus tag-in damage per combo hit and since it was 10 hits, her tag in did 200% more damage than it would normally do
The damage calcs also depend on what stats her moves has so Id say its a bit unreliable, especially with that insane value. Keen to see more Tag In related stuff though

Did a little experiments with Dead of Winter and here is what I found:

• You don't lose armour if you guard attacks
  • If you tag out you lose the armour (duh!)
  • You can resurrect more than 1 time every fight (didn't found any limit on training)
  • If Squigly's corpse is behind the enemy the moment she revives the enemy will be pushed behind the corpse (or the max distance the screens lets it)
  • Inferno of Leviathan does not expire, it will only go away when it have dealt his assigned number of hits, that means that if you use a throw the ball will just try to follow the enemy until it can hit him.

Last edited:
Is there going to be an origin story for parasoul?
1. This is not the place to ask this

2. You posted the same thing on the update notes and in the notes themselves specifies that they are working on it

I'm just asking about info
Not trying to be rude, but this specific forum is not for that... try looking or asking at "Story & Skullgirls Universe" or even "Parasoul" character page.

(Awnsering (again): Yes, it will be the next Origin Story)