• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Animations and voices

PHPP

Reaction score
Hello there! In this post http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/squigly-animation-is-amazing.3111/#post-15781 Fel said Squigly has some intros and her stun pose exclusively in the mobile version. I want to know if it is just her or if other characters also have exclusive animations like that.

As for the voices, are there also some mobile exclusives? I had this impression for a while now, specially because of one of Filia's lines that apparently triggers only after beating cerebella. I tried to find what she says in her quotes page in the wikia but there isn't much content of SGM there and I don't think they have added this specific line, and I still don't know what she says!

I believe Double has an exclusive mobile only entrance too. The hand grabbing cherubs entrance is mobile exclusive. As for exclusive voice lines, I personally haven't heard anything of that sort.

Double Mobile Exclusive

Last edited:
Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
@PHPP
I believe that if you look at the post you will see that there is actually very little evidence to suggest that any animations or voices were added. The SGM team mostly did the designs for the mobile platform (since it is very different than the originals) as well as put together the art for the story mode (exclusive to mobile to the best of my knowledge). To even add a few frames would take a massive amount of work and programming. As for the voices, unless they used voice recordings which they opted out of using in the original, I doubt they added anything new there as well. Wiki should have what each character says when (and to whom in parentheses). Do you have an idea of what the phrase sounds like? I'll try to help in any way I can!
(Side note: I actually spent some time looking what every character says when because I was super curious about the same thing plus it gives some insight as to how each character feels about the other. It's the nerd in me ^_^")

Reactions: PHPP and Zuzuska
@PHPP
After doing a little research on phrases Filia uses with Cerebella, I found these:
[Filia]: So much for your hat...

[Filia]: I thought clowns were funny?

[Filia]: Not much of a show.

[Samson]: It's all natural.

hmm, i haven’t heard of any new Filia lines, i think all the ones in the wikia are in SGM as well (except bronze Cerebella’s quotes before the match starts like “Rock it!” or “Perfection!” which are SGM exclusive). can you make out a little bit of what Filia says?

as of the animations, yes! i believe all the stun animations are SGM exclusive and many of the intros are new as well. if i’m not wrong Squigly only has one intro in the original SG2E, Big Band has a SG2E exclusive intro (not sure if his SGM intros are exclusive, since i don’t play him much), and the list goes on.

@PHPP
After doing a little research on phrases Filia uses with Cerebella, I found these:
[Filia]: So much for your hat...

[Filia]: I thought clowns were funny?

[Filia]: Not much of a show.

[Samson]: It's all natural.
this is so strange, I even listened to a video with her voice acting and still didn't find what I think I'm hearing. Maybe SGM cut some audio parts or something

this is so strange, I even listened to a video with her voice acting and still didn't find what I think I'm hearing. Maybe SGM cut some audio parts or something
PHPP,
This is very possible. SGM is basically a way to stretch out the original Skullgirls an extra mile. They have the opportunity to use the story mode in order to tell what they weren't able to in Encore, so it's not unlikely that they may use extra shots, panels, or even voice recordings that got scrapped originally. Of course, you may want to consider that Filia could have been using one of her regular lines (not specific to Cerebella) as well.
What did it sound like she was saying? Even if it makes no sense, with proper digging some light may be shed on the subject.

Reactions: PHPP
As far as I know SGM made 2 new intros for each character and a stun animation. Some of these were released before the final SG2E update which included these intros. As for the voice lines, they may be reusing old unused soundclips. I imagine getting ahold of a old voice actor is more trouble than animating a new intro sequence.

The SGM team also create some custom portraits and stuff, I don't think we've ever gotten portraits of the Last Hope crew before the Val origin story. I also believe Peacock post-injury and Big Band pre-operation were also created for the origin storys.
DMdKmSEX0AAxLE5.jpg DMiUJz5WAAIjoyf.jpg DMS3cadWkAAR_cI.jpg DMYBG70W0AAzJDI.jpg DIgqWPoUwAAcH0L.jpg 33862787_1781477068561857_3008058965129953280_n.jpg33583373_1781487725227458_3201969424215048192_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zuzuska
The last 2 are screenshots, the others are from the twitter posts SGM posted during the creation of the origin stories.
Ahhh i totally forgot about the twitter, i want some for potential memes haha

Reactions: PHPP and Zuzuska
PHPP,
This is very possible. SGM is basically a way to stretch out the original Skullgirls an extra mile. They have the opportunity to use the story mode in order to tell what they weren't able to in Encore, so it's not unlikely that they may use extra shots, panels, or even voice recordings that got scrapped originally. Of course, you may want to consider that Filia could have been using one of her regular lines (not specific to Cerebella) as well.
What did it sound like she was saying? Even if it makes no sense, with proper digging some light may be shed on the subject.

Ok as soon as I hear it again I'll post it here!

Hello there! In this post http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/squigly-animation-is-amazing.3111/#post-15781 Fel said Squigly has some intros and her stun pose exclusively in the mobile version. I want to know if it is just her or if other characters also have exclusive animations like that.

As for the voices, are there also some mobile exclusives? I had this impression for a while now, specially because of one of Filia's lines that apparently triggers only after beating cerebella. I tried to find what she says in her quotes page in the wikia but there isn't much content of SGM there and I don't think they have added this specific line, and I still don't know what she says!
Hey! So far every character will have mobile exclusive intros and animations aside from the original crew who also have them in Second Encore. This isn't just Squigly alone of course, as Double, Beowulf, Big Band and assumingly Fukua and Robo Fortune will also have other intros to boot! (I'm VERY peeved I can't have Beowulf flex on the console versions, honestly.)

Voices wise, there IS in fact a line where Filia talks about Cerebella being a clown so to speak, but of course, in the wiki there isn't really a LOT of data for the quotes and some are unfortunately missing!

In terms of the quote line the one I know goes as follows:

Filia: I thought clowns were funny...

Bella: I'm NOT a clown...!

Reactions: Kokonut
Hey! So far every character will have mobile exclusive intros and animations aside from the original crew who also have them in Second Encore. This isn't just Squigly alone of course, as Double, Beowulf, Big Band and assumingly Fukua and Robo Fortune will also have other intros to boot! (I'm VERY peeved I can't have Beowulf flex on the console versions, honestly.)

Voices wise, there IS in fact a line where Filia talks about Cerebella being a clown so to speak, but of course, in the wiki there isn't really a LOT of data for the quotes and some are unfortunately missing!

In terms of the quote line the one I know goes as follows:

Filia: I thought clowns were funny...

Bella: I'm NOT a clown...!

Ok so this is actually the line I'm talking about, I had already read this in cerebella's quotes but only now I decided to hear it here:
(it's at 1:25)

In the video I can clearly identify what she's saying but in-game (I guess because of the music and all) I can't. Bella's voice is a little bit more like Filia's when she says this so I thought it was, in fact, Filia :v

I always suspected it was this one because the only thing I could make out was the ''clown'' at the end but it never occurred to me untill now that cerebella could be the one saying it and not filia because of how similar I find their voices to be in this line

Bella's voice is a little bit more like Filia's when she says this so I thought it was, in fact, Filia :v

i’ll be honest, when i first heard this line i was confused for the same reason you were! i thought Filia was talking to herself and calling herself a clown (which didn’t make sense), but i eventually put it together that it was Cerebella saying it and not Filia. they do sound extremely alike!

Reactions: PHPP
i’ll be honest, when i first heard this line i was confused for the same reason you were! i thought Filia was talking to herself and calling herself a clown (which didn’t make sense), but i eventually put it together that it was Cerebella saying it and not Filia. they do sound extremely alike!
IKR! I'm glad it wasn't just me