• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Quick Match mode, so there's something other than PF to play after stories

Scorialimit

Reaction score
I've been playing less and less since the Prize Fight change. I love the game, but losing a PF streak feels way to punishing and to be blunt, spending months on my favorite units to spend less time with them than that random skill point fodder I just got and will probably use to evolve into more SP fodder feels... not very fun. There's Accursed Experiments, but once you know how to beat them, it's not much challenge. On a bad week it takes me two days now.

But what if we had a "Quick Match" mode, where you bring a team of three and fight a team of three? It works like the old PF, where you put your three in then it generates a team of equal level. There would be no streak bonus, so you couldn't grind low level units brainlessly. It would still give a little experience though, assuming it uses energy.

Thoughts? Any other way you can think of to give max level 50s more use?

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
lol everyone wants the old prize fights back so desperately. Anyway, sounds a lot like the arcade mode from SG. I really like the idea.

I've been playing less and less since the Prize Fight change. I love the game, but losing a PF streak feels way to punishing and to be blunt, spending months on my favorite units to spend less time with them than that random skill point fodder I just got and will probably use to evolve into more SP fodder feels... not very fun. There's Accursed Experiments, but once you know how to beat them, it's not much challenge. On a bad week it takes me two days now.

But what if we had a "Quick Match" mode, where you bring a team of three and fight a team of three? It works like the old PF, where you put your three in then it generates a team of equal level. There would be no streak bonus, so you couldn't grind low level units brainlessly. It would still give a little experience though, assuming it uses energy.

Thoughts? Any other way you can think of to give max level 50s more use?
Would this be a mode in PFs? If it gave no points, no streaks and little exp, I don't think I would personally ever play it. If it gave decent exp at least it would be a grinding outlet.

In fact, that mode already existed, but only in the Closed Beta Test of 2016, although it would not be bad for them to re-implement it.

Huh, That must be where I thought of it. It's been so long, haha.

...that’s a lot of theonite and coins

In the closed beta there were relics to give theo and coins. You couldn't take any of this to the official game when closed beta was done though.
I think it was a way to let us test out rarer characters for bugs and stuff. Or just something to make it feel special. Not sure.

lol everyone wants the old prize fights back so desperately. Anyway, sounds a lot like the arcade mode from SG. I really like the idea.

I actually like the new system, bar the streak restarting making me either use weak fighters or I just KO them in one hit, haha.
If losing streaks didn't hurt so bad I'd probably be all over it.

Would this be a mode in PFs? If it gave no points, no streaks and little exp, I don't think I would personally ever play it. If it gave decent exp at least it would be a grinding outlet.

I'll be honest, I've been thinking of how to make it worthwhile and all I have so far is "have it use yellow energy". Right now after dailies it's kinda just there. I think EXP would be fair, I can't think of any reason it giving EXP would break it.

I'll be honest, I've been thinking of how to make it worthwhile and all I have so far is "have it use yellow energy". Right now after dailies it's kinda just there. I think EXP would be fair, I can't think of any reason it giving EXP would break it.
It would put an end to the whole "PF gives too little exp at low streak" complaint too. We don't exactly know the dev's intentions on how easily exp should be distributed though, so this all depends on whats in the plans.

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
In fact, that mode already existed, but only in the Closed Beta Test of 2016, although it would not be bad for them to re-implement it. View attachment 970 View attachment 971
Thanks for bringing this up, actually! (AWROOO!!!)

Quick Fight mode was once a thing meant to level up your fighters rather quickly at the expense of about 3 yellow energy per fight. I'll be quite honest to say that if anything it would not be a bad idea reimplementing the mode again (I was a part of the soft release at the time, not during the closed beta test so I'm heavily jealous of that Beowulf screenshot lmao) to work on the exp necessity I'm sure everyone's feeling at the moment.

While I haven't been playing the game lately due to a hectic schedule and because I've plateaued (So many games... So little time...!) I personally would like to have it back if it all to at least give both incentive and exp farming to those who need it (After all the opponents were generally around the same level, roughly higher by a slight degree I think anyway?)

If not, it wouldn't be too bad to make a "permanent" and less difficult version of accursed experiments for everyone to just grind off of for exp I suppose! But like @Fel noted:
We don't exactly know the dev's intentions on how easily exp should be distributed though, so this all depends on whats in the plans.

We may just have to wait and see and continue brainstorming!