• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Game is Not Generous with its Non-Premium currency and make you waste more of it on RNG based moves.

How many Humans Agree ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyan14

Reaction score
The game gives fair amounts of theonites for f2p players,but what's the point of getting so much characters and not able to use them because they won't have their SA's unlocked,say a gold need like 600k canopy coins and 3 gold keys for just upgrading the SA skill tree...and I have like 5 or 6 gold fighters without any use just because of that.Point is,doing a daily event on expert gives like 40k which isn't even enough to upgrade 2 nodes of a skill tree considering exp farm itself takes most of one's strength away.Fair coins aren't rewarded for playing a lot,seriously 600 coins per node,daily and take a break relics give 1k,prize fights gives 200k once every 4 days dailies give 40k,it's coming from a player who spent a whole week grinding the game,I got many characters and moves (yea totally random RNG stat moves,where cripple resist along with crit dmg and crit rate,when upgraded,cripple resist gets upgraded 6 times in a row,eventually made me sell that one.....),feels like a waste for spending too much time in this game.I understand this is a small company but still,that's the problem of f2p pve games no new contents,no coins to backup either,not being able to do anything because of not being able to progress after certain streaks in PF due to how powerful opponent is thereafter.
I'm Unable o hate this Amazing game with so much potential but I feel deserted after a while,as I open chat and hope to meet players at certain times,but no one is there,cuz they didn't have anything to do for like 3 days.
whatever....
still waiting for next patch for a while.........

Reactions: PHPP
Aren't Story Mode and PF pretty generous compared to other games?

I wonder, did you maybe happen to get a lot of your golds early in the game? In that case you would require a lot of coins but not necessarily have the means to earn them. Me, I wasn't that lucky and had to get by with only a couple golds until I was like 40+ levels up and didn't lack of coins since I mained with bronzes and silvers. In fact I remember I was swimming in them.

Reactions: Psyche
The game gives fair amounts of theonites for f2p players,but what's the point of getting so much characters and not able to use them because they won't have their SA's unlocked,say a gold need like 600k canopy coins and 3 gold keys for just upgrading the SA skill tree...and I have like 5 or 6 gold fighters without any use just because of that.Point is,doing a daily event on expert gives like 40k which isn't even enough to upgrade 2 nodes of a skill tree considering exp farm itself takes most of one's strength away.Fair coins aren't rewarded for playing a lot,seriously 600 coins per node,daily and take a break relics give 1k,prize fights gives 200k once every 4 days dailies give 40k,it's coming from a player who spent a whole week grinding the game,I got many characters and moves (yea totally random RNG stat moves,where cripple resist along with crit dmg and crit rate,when upgraded,cripple resist gets upgraded 6 times in a row,eventually made me sell that one.....),feels like a waste for spending too much time in this game.I understand this is a small company but still,that's the problem of f2p pve games no new contents,no coins to backup either,not being able to do anything because of not being able to progress after certain streaks in PF due to how powerful opponent is thereafter.
I'm Unable o hate this Amazing game with so much potential but I feel deserted after a while,as I open chat and hope to meet players at certain times,but no one is there,cuz they didn't have anything to do for like 3 days.
whatever....
still waiting for next patch for a while.........
Optimising Move stats are pretty end-game stuff in my opinion. I usually just upgrade moves with to level 3 because its not too much of an investment. I only upgrade moves with "perfect" stats to level 10+, which helps mitigate how expensive it is.
I think its unfair to say that the game has no new content when we recently got a whole new character. They also increased the amount of Medici events from 1 a week to 2 a week (a while ago), and added Accursed Experiments which gives a sizable amount of coins on full completion.
Its actually faster to lose your streak at about 20-30 and restart because of how difficult the modifiers get.

If you complete everything available to you within a week, you should earn about 2 million coins a week. A gold fighter requires 2.435 Million coins, so I think that's a pretty fair amount.

Yep, it seems as though while you’re playing the game well and making reasonable ‘progress’ it appears that you’re focusing your efforts in the wrong places.

On a side note, your survey question is quite confusing because it is actually two questions in one and some people might agree or disagree with the first half ("game is not generous with its non-premium currency") but feel the opposite about the second half ("make you waste more of it on RNG based moves") and you’ve only made options for agreeing fully or disagreeing completely. So the results you get from the poll will not tell a whole story.

I really like how this game manages the non-premium currency.
In most mobile games, either you have almost infinite currency, so you just buy what you need in the moment and what other limiters allow you, or you have to grind for weeks just to buy 1 new thing.
The way that SGM works, it allows you to keep coming back to upgrad a sort of different things, and you never feel that you are completely stuck (maybe you have finished every milestone in PF and done all Dailies, but then you probably are at the end of the day after doing everything)

About the moves RNG, yea, it sucks, however it's an end-game goal that can keep more perfectionists players from leaving the game. If we could just choose "oh, I want this Fenrir Drive with a lot of Crit Rate, Attack and Meter Gain" it would be a little too easy... And I would have no incentive to play Dailies again. "Oh well, I have all perfect stats on all perfect moves. Is it worth grinding for 12 fights with modifiers just for more perfect moves?". In that case, I will always want to try to get better moves, like: "Oh, this George's day out is pretty good, with some Atk and Defenses... But I could get one with Meter gain and Atk%! Sure will be playing more"

TL: DR - The game handles pretty well all of those things in my opinion

I really like how this game manages the non-premium currency.
In most mobile games, either you have almost infinite currency, so you just buy what you need in the moment and what other limiters allow you, or you have to grind for weeks just to buy 1 new thing.
The way that SGM works, it allows you to keep coming back to upgrad a sort of different things, and you never feel that you are completely stuck (maybe you have finished every milestone in PF and done all Dailies, but then you probably are at the end of the day after doing everything)

About the moves RNG, yea, it sucks, however it's an end-game goal that can keep more perfectionists players from leaving the game. If we could just choose "oh, I want this Fenrir Drive with a lot of Crit Rate, Attack and Meter Gain" it would be a little too easy... And I would have no incentive to play Dailies again. "Oh well, I have all perfect stats on all perfect moves. Is it worth grinding for 12 fights with modifiers just for more perfect moves?". In that case, I will always want to try to get better moves, like: "Oh, this George's day out is pretty good, with some Atk and Defenses... But I could get one with Meter gain and Atk%! Sure will be playing more"

TL: DR - The game handles pretty well all of those things in my opinion
Even tho if you get a perfect move (or at least close to it),the stats that get upgraded are still rng.I got a bewulf move with crit DMG and rate and cripple resist ,I also have dragon brawler so I upgraded the move 3 times,and cripple resist git upgraded,ok one more time, then again same,it was pretty tilting considering I only have got a few moves for him in the first place.I ended up selling it.Rng over rng,
RNGCEPTION?

I
Optimising Move stats are pretty end-game stuff in my opinion. I usually just upgrade moves with to level 3 because its not too much of an investment. I only upgrade moves with "perfect" stats to level 10+, which helps mitigate how expensive it is.
I think its unfair to say that the game has no new content when we recently got a whole new character. They also increased the amount of Medici events from 1 a week to 2 a week (a while ago), and added Accursed Experiments which gives a sizable amount of coins on full completion.
Its actually faster to lose your streak at about 20-30 and restart because of how difficult the modifiers get.

If you complete everything available to you within a week, you should earn about 2 million coins a week. A gold fighter requires 2.435 Million coins, so I think that's a pretty fair amount.
After a long time I started playing the game, right when the event almost ended,had a weak team ,couldn't even grind first prize fight, didn't know premiere relics didn't actually give squiglies later on after the event,
like who'd lock characters from relics.
Opened 33 relics after I guess(premiere), totally my fault,cuz I have to wait months for it to be available in premiere relics right?

Even tho if you get a perfect move (or at least close to it),the stats that get upgraded are still rng.I got a bewulf move with crit DMG and rate and cripple resist ,I also have dragon brawler so I upgraded the move 3 times,and cripple resist git upgraded,ok one more time, then again same,it was pretty tilting considering I only have got a few moves for him in the first place.I ended up selling it.Rng over rng,
RNGCEPTION?
I have pretty bad luck with move stats so I don't spend too many coins on non-perfect moves. If you had a HP %, ATK % and Meter Gain move, all three of those would be good upgrades. RNG sucks, but its balanced and gives you an equal chance for each stat. I think it'd be too easy to abuse if you could choose the stat, and we'd be seeing 50% defense 100% hp 100% bleed resist Armed Forces a lot more.

After a long time I started playing the game, right when the event almost ended,had a weak team ,couldn't even grind first prize fight, didn't know premiere relics didn't actually give squiglies later on after the event,
like who'd lock characters from relics.
Opened 33 relics after I guess(premiere), totally my fault,cuz I have to wait months for it to be available in premiere relics right?
I'm sorry to hear that you used your theonite to get premium relics, but I do believe the fact that Squigly was only available through her character relic was announced. Still, its good feedback that people still get mistaken and I'm sure the Devs will try to make it more clear in the future.

Reactions: MatDestruction
I think the game is very generous in terms of theotonite, and has a lot of different Prize Fights aviable in which you earn gold.

If you feel leveling up a Gold Fighter skill tree takes too much it's because it's the high end of the game. And the result of leveling up said Gold Fighter is very rewarding in all senses.

Basically you get what you're paying up in gold. Also, I like the grindy aspect of the game. It makes it more fun to me.

2 mil coins is a lot yes. But I assume that this comes from:
1. Doing every daily on every difficulty every week.
2. Getting all the milestones on every prize fight.
3. Getting top 100 in both Medici Events.
4. 100%ing Accursed Experiments.
5. Opening all TABs and Dailies.

While #1 is very possible if one can get a variant of each fighter with 1000+ FS. #5 is easy to just set reminders. For the people who this whole canopy coin shortage applies to I don't see them being able to complete tasks #2,3 and 4. People who have been playing for so long to where they don't need to spend canopy coins as they already have maxed out almost all their main fighters with perfect stats, really should not assume that everyone can do these tasks. People who have a stockpile of 13 mil+ coins don't need to farm for coins but do it anyway cause it's easy for them.Whereas people who are playing for long enough to just be able to get their first PF gold find themselves short for cash when upgrading golds are so expensive. Also their really isn't a lot to do in this game. After dailies are completed and with how annoying it is to grind PF's with this new system. One can understand why people would be demotivated to play the game. I myself only bother doing the expert dailies as I do not see to point of wasting my time on the lower difficulties when the reward justify the time taken to do so. And as I said before with the new PF system it is really annoying to grind as when a streak is lost you go right back to square one, and the climb to get back to where you left of is not fun especially when you have to be switching characters every other match. So once a streak is lost, it can really demoralize people from trying to get back to a streak where you actually start getting points that matter. In the gold PF this is not to bad, however in the silver and bronze PFs whenever a streak is lost, I just quit that prize fight all together as the hassle of building back up a streak is really not worth it. I really hope the people at HVS bring back the old prize fights to at least make doing them a bit more bearable to people who dont have 10+ fighters all over 10k FS.