• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Eliza's commented Tier List

MatDestruction

Reaction score
Introducing Eliza:

Eliza is your bag of tricks. Her power comes from the well-timed use of Blockbusters and Special moves. She's also kinda of balanced out on stats, having a decent amount of both attack and health. However, because of her Character Ability, she's a monster to be feared...

Character Ability: WARRIOR GODDESS

"BLOCKBUSTERS involving Sekhmet will now leave Eliza in Sekhmet Mode for a short duration. All damage taken by Sekhmet is recoverable"

This is literally what makes Eliza a great character. Becoming Sekhmet leaves you with unflinching, and interacts really well with all of her variations SA. Also, your damage output while in this form is nothing to be laughed at. The counterplay is that being grab returns you to your basic form, so try to activate this in the right moment!

TIER LIST
Diva Intervention - Rank S
Rarity: Gold
SA: BLEACHED BONE
  • 50% of the damage inflicted by Sekhmet attacks is regained as HEALTH
  • Sekhmet attacks drain 8% of theopponent's BLOCKBUSTER METER
Recommend stats: Meter Gain, Attack, Defense, Health

Diva is really interesting. When you first see her SA, seens like nothing special. Some life drain, reducing a bit of the enemy BB meter. Ok, then you realize that all that BB meter you reduced goes to you! That means you can basically chain infinite Blockbusters in your opponent, while also healing a bit. A very, very solid and consistent variation. Only weakness is fighting against tanks.

Bloodbath - Rank S
SA: SANGUINE SOLO
  • If either Fighter uses a BLOCKBUSTER, both fighters are afflicted with BLEED for 10 seconds
  • 100% chance to convert all BLEED effects on self into REGEN
Recommend stats: Meter gain, HP, Defense, Attack

This variation is also really good. Bleed is really prominent in the game right now, as it allows you to deal with high HP enemys, and Bloodbath brings it to you with ease. As a bonus, you get a lot of regen to keep your fighter healthy. And, as I said, lots of people are using bleed right now, so if you fight against something that has a kit build around bleed, enjoy free heal

Scarlet Viper - Rank A
Rarity: Silver
SA: SEEING RED
  • Inflict BLEED for 15 seconds on both fighters when triggering Sekhmet
  • Gain ENRAGE for 15 seconds when suffering a DEBUFF
Recommend stats: Meter gain, Attack, Defense

I can't help not to feel like Scarlet Viper is almost a straight downgrade from Bloodbath. You only trigger the bleed when YOU use a Blockbuster and it needs to be one that releases Sekhmet. Not only that, but your negative effects are not converted into Enrage, you just gain it. I said bleed is nice and all, but applying it equally to both fighters is not that advantageous. She's better against opponents that gives a lot of debuffs but... Don't think she's great.
Although, as people suggested, she's better as a really offensive variations. If you feel she fits your playstyle, go for it!

Bloody Valentine - Rank A
Rarity: Silver
SA: PYRAMID SCHEME
  • Regain 10% HEALTH when either Fighter uses a SPECIAL MOVE
  • Regain 15% meter for all BLOCKBUSTERS when either Fighter uses a BLOCKBUSTER
Recommend stats: HP, Defense, Attack

Also, a pretty solid character. Her SA means that you will gain a lot of advantages during the fight. Her only problem is the lack of real damage or burst. Still, solid.

Red Velvet - Rank B
SA: WITCHING HOUR
  • Inflict HEX for 15 seconds when triggering Sekhmet, disabling opponent SIGNATURE ABILITIES for the duration of the effect
  • If an opponent TAGS OUT while suffering from HEX, the next opponent will be inflicted with 3 randomDEBUFFS for 15 seconds
Recommend stats: Meter gain, Attack, Defense, HP

Red Velvet is a really nice idea, but lacks in raw power. She's much more of a niche option than a straight up strong fighter that is good against everything or almost everything. I have to give her some credits, because she hard counter some variations that are too dependent on their SA (I'm looking at you, Untouchable).

In Denile - Rank B
Rarity: Bronze
SA: BENEATH THE SKIN
  • Gain ARMOR for 15 seconds when triggering Sekhmet
  • Remove all negative COMBAT EFFECTS and gain IMMUNE for 15 seconds when triggering Sekhmet
Recommend stats: Meter gain, HP, Defense

One of the best tanks in the game. Gaining immunity and armor (that is easy to stack) is really useful. The big downside is: she has no good offense. Right now, she can be good in a defensive team, but offense is more important than defense. She's the bottom of the B rank.

Decrypted - Rank C
Rarity: Bronze
SA: ENVY
  • Inflict 50% bonus damage against an opponent with beneficial COMBAT EFFECTS
  • Convert 3 enemy BUFF(S) to BLEED when triggering Sekhmet.
Recommend stats: Attack, Meter gain, Defense

Hmm... Decrypted has a nice identity, but lacks in execution. While nice and all, there are not that many fighters that consistently gains buffs and get exposed to attacks. Also, her SA works against herself. When you convert everything to bleed (witch is nice), you are no longer dealing bonus damage. She's not the worst fighter in the game, but compared to others Elizas, she's pretty bad.

Defining tiers:
S - Really good fighter, invest in it. You can't go wrong, few to no bad match ups, good stats
A - Good fighter, still worth investing. Has some bad match ups but still really good
B - Ok fighter, you can invest if you want. Wouldn't recommend, but is more of a niche pick
C - Bad fighter, don't invest in it. Weak stats, weak SA. Just don't waste gold with it

------------​
Remember, this is my tier list and it's entirely my opinion. Feel free to discuss, agree and disagree! Thanks for reading

Last edited:
I'm happy to see another tier list on these forums! Overall I'd agree with your top characters and bottom ones, but I would contest the idea of In Denile being paired with Red Velvet in B tier and Bloody Valentine being in A rank.

In Denile is a natural bronze, so her stats are SIGNIFICANTLY lower than that of a natural gold. Coupled with the fact that her SA revolves around defense, she's barely viable in any sense as a carry for gold pf. I would demote her to a C.

Bloody Valentine is a natural silver which means it's slightly better than the aforementioned bronze. However her damage is still noticeably lacking and she can also scarcely be considered a carry for past 20 or so streak pfs. I would demote her to a B.

Red Velvet is a natural gold that can disable Signature Abilities, which means you'll be able to avoid Untouchable's Unflinching or Armed Force's Armor and Unflinching. You can even damage Resident Evils without being stunned. She does fill a "niche", but I believe that it's a great niche and definitely has more potential than In Denile and Bloody Valentine. I think she should be considered for at least A rank.

I'm also unsure of if this is a tier list for defensive teams or offensive teams.
Offense is a MUCH more important element to competing in PFs right now. Being able to dish out enough damage to take out your enemies past streak 15 is immensely important and I don't believe that we should give characters higher ranks for their viability in defense. The current meta consists of bleeds and damage output, therefore characters that can deal significant damage should place higher.

Last edited:
I'll post more thoughts later since I am short on time, but I will agree with Zuzuska on Red Velvet.

I feel way too many people take Hex for granted and don't realize how powerful it makes certain characters who can frequently apply it.

Not to mention with the meta revolving around bleed, Eliza as a whole became a more important character for people to learn how to use since she has one of the better bleed setups in the game.

I'm happy to see another tier list on these forums! Overall I'd agree with your top characters and bottom ones, but I would contest the idea of In Denile being paired with Red Velvet in B tier and Bloody Valentine being in A rank.

In Denile is a natural bronze, so her stats are SIGNIFICANTLY lower than that of a natural gold. Coupled with the fact that her SA revolves around defense, she's barely viable in any sense as a carry for gold pf. I would demote her to a C.

Bloody Valentine is a natural silver which means it's slightly better than the aforementioned bronze. However her damage is still noticeably lacking and she can also scarcely be considered a carry for past 20 or so streak pfs. I would demote her to a B.

Red Velvet is a natural gold that can disable Signature Abilities, which means you'll be able to avoid Untouchable's Unflinching or Armed Force's Armor and Unflinching. You can damage Resident Evils without being stunned. She does fill a "niche", but I believe that it's a great niche and definitely has more potential than In Denile and Bloody Valentine. I think she should be considered for at least A rank.

I'm also unsure of if this is a tier list for defensive teams or offensive teams.
Offense is a MUCH more important element to competing in PFs right now. Being able to dish out enough damage to take out your enemies past streak 15 is immensely important and I don't believe that we should give characters higher ranks for their viability in defense. The current meta consists of bleeds and damage output, therefore characters that can deal significant damage should place higher.
Both Bloody Valentine and Scarlet Viper have a higher base attack than Red Velvet. Though I'd say hex is more useful than healing, I wouldn't say that its better than bleed. Though Red Velvet is nice, she just doesn't do enough damage to warrant running her for her niche when you're past 30 streak. Outside of those rare occasions where you're presented with 3 teams with Untouchable/Armed Forces I don't see her being exceptionally useful. I'd say put Scarlet Viper in A and Bloody/Red Velvet in B.

Red Velvet is a natural gold that can disable Signature Abilities, which means you'll be able to avoid Untouchable's Unflinching or Armed Force's Armor and Unflinching. You can damage Resident Evils without being stunned. She does fill a "niche", but I believe that it's a great niche and definitely has more potential than In Denile and Bloody Valentine. I think she should be considered for at least A rank.

Hmm, you actually changed my mind. I think you are right. Think I'm going to swap things and change a bit.

Also, you're right in the point that right now, a good offense is way better than good defense. Will consider that if I make any more tier lists. Thank you!

Reactions: Zuzuska
Like those above, I find myself agreeing with most of what you propose except a few pieces that feel really out of place. I see that while ID, BV and RV have already been explained, I'd also like to point out that in my opinion Scarlet Viper is being put down unjustly here. The main counter I posit is Scarlet Ladies, her taunt. Very quick, very simple and switches all your bleed to one stack of regen; it can be stuck on to the end of a fairly basic combo that knocks the foe down to the ground, et voilà. The fact that she effectively has cripple immunity and gets enrage for absolutely any debuff she receives (except hex and curse, obviously) is a huge upside that I think you have understated. In fact, I think she's the only fighter in the whole game that has on-demand access to both of the main damage output status effects (bleed and enrage) through SA alone. [Heavy bleed and armour break are the next most popular.]

Overall, I think your list is good at talking about what it wants to, but going into a little more detail about specific tactics that are possible with each variant could have allowed for a stronger argument for your decision of these tiers. The main issue is that you don't really talk about Eliza's gear very much at all. Aside from Scarlet Ladies being very good at mitigating SV's downside like I've mentioned, you could also have acknowledged that Sekhmet's Turn enables any variant to inflict bleed semi-regularly, and you probably shouldn't say that her CA "interacts really well with all of her variations SA" when Bloody Valentine, someone that you listed really close to the top, does not depend on it at all and actually encourages you to run fewer BBs altogether. However, I understand why you said that. Your list is really quite convincing and if I wasn't as experienced as I already am I'm sure I would have found it really useful, so I reckon this is a decent guide!

Like those above, I find myself agreeing with most of what you propose except a few pieces that feel really out of place. I see that while ID, BV and RV have already been explained, I'd also like to point out that in my opinion Scarlet Viper is being put down unjustly here. The main counter I posit is Scarlet Ladies, her taunt. Very quick, very simple and switches all your bleed to one stack of regen; it can be stuck on to the end of a fairly basic combo that knocks the foe down to the ground, et voilà. The fact that she effectively has cripple immunity and gets enrage for absolutely any debuff she receives (except hex and curse, obviously) is a huge upside that I think you have understated. In fact, I think she's the only fighter in the whole game that has on-demand access to both of the main damage output status effects (bleed and enrage) through SA alone. [Heavy bleed and armour break are the next most popular.]

Overall, I think your list is good at talking about what it wants to, but going into a little more detail about specific tactics that are possible with each variant could have allowed for a stronger argument for your decision of these tiers. The main issue is that you don't really talk about Eliza's gear very much at all. Aside from Scarlet Ladies being very good at mitigating SV's downside like I've mentioned, you could also have acknowledged that Sekhmet's Turn enables any variant to inflict bleed semi-regularly, and you probably shouldn't say that her CA "interacts really well with all of her variations SA" when Bloody Valentine, someone that you listed really close to the top, does not depend on it at all and actually encourages you to run fewer BBs altogether. However, I understand why you said that. Your list is really quite convincing and if I wasn't as experienced as I already am I'm sure I would have found it really useful, so I reckon this is a decent guide!
Holy crap, you've just revolutionized Scarlet Viper for me. TBH I've never thought to use Scarlet Ladies on her. will definitely add that to her moves now.

Reactions: Psyche

Sorry, haven't thought about it while I was writing it! Thanks for the tips!
I edited to put Scarlet Viper in the top of the A rank. I said that every variation interacts with her Character Ability because, even if they don't do anything with Sekhmeth, it's still a BlockBuster, and a really good one, so you'd probably run in any of her variations.
About the "Sekhmet's turn" thing, I am trying not to mention too much what each BB do and what can't do and recommend builds (trying to do a different list from Moist). I would still run this BB in all her variations, anyway.
And I might be wrong about lots of things, it's kinda hard to organize everthing hahaha, also it's possible to see how people diverge in opinion. Trying to make this a post with thoughts from everyone about every character. Anyway, thanks for the tips! Will try to improve in the future!

Reactions: Psyche and Zuzuska
Sorry, haven't thought about it while I was writing it! Thanks for the tips!
I edited to put Scarlet Viper in the top of the A rank. I said that every variation interacts with her Character Ability because, even if they don't do anything with Sekhmeth, it's still a BlockBuster, and a really good one, so you'd probably run in any of her variations.
About the "Sekhmet's turn" thing, I am trying not to mention too much what each BB do and what can't do and recommend builds (trying to do a different list from Moist). I would still run this BB in all her variations, anyway.
And I might be wrong about lots of things, it's kinda hard to organize everthing hahaha, also it's possible to see how people diverge in opinion. Trying to make this a post with thoughts from everyone about every character. Anyway, thanks for the tips! Will try to improve in the future!
Don’t worry; you did good. As you’ve said, it’s just your opinion and we can’t deny you that, so I think you’ve put it together quite nicely. Disagreement generates the most discussion, anyway.