• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2.4 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Ooh, I can't wait for Parasoul's origin story. There's been a lot of speculation as to Queen Nancy. Like her umbrella's name (if she has one, which judging by the picture, it looks like she does.)

As a rather new player, myself, though, I hope raising caps with Diamond fighters and these little tweaks don't make it harder for me to get into the game.

Reactions: jeremyhall2727
Early thoughts: The new Prize Fight scoring is much healthier for people who don't want to force themselves through weak fights over and over again. I do enjoy seeing the fight scores since I will openly take the highest bout until 16+ wins.

Master Tier Event Fights pretty much require high-end versions of the character to complete, so expect some trouble if you are lacking in a character (I finally will need to get Parasitic Weave going if I want to keep up).

Marquee Abilities are insanely expensive and feels like a true end-game player route. I won't worry too much since it will take time, but this further creates another Canopy Coin expenditure which leads to the question of whether lvl 15 moves and maxed out marquee abilities are even reasonably achievable for newer players in a worthwhile time.

Still, this feels like a good patch and I look forward to seeing how the new characters play out once I stumble into them through relics.

I do love the changes made to Prize Fights. It makes me feel more confident going in and I feel like I'm getting more out of it too.

I also like the inclusion of the tier shards. It makes it so that even the most unlucky player can feel like they're getting somewhere in a gatcha style game like this.

Also a plus, Squigly being in Premier Relic, but that goes without saying, haha. She's a delightfully fun character to use. Though having her wind up ability makes me wonder if other characters could benefit from something like that. For instance, Parasoul's napalm tears detonate through her charge attack which leaves you much too vulnerable even in comparison to other Fighter's charge moves. But that's just wishful thinking on my part. It makes Squigly unique right now and fun to use.

On the downside, while I do like the idea of Diamond Tier, the requirements are so insane that players that get it immediately have an almost broken advantage. Now, I can't say I've used a diamond fighter myself as I'm still new to the game, but I feel like getting one would be almost killjoy. My 'That's All Folks' Peacock is already an intense powerhouse and she's still low in level. Yes, you can always just, you know, not use the diamond fighter, but then why get it in the first place. I must be missing something here. Perhaps they are key in this Master Mode.

Finally, I can't say much about Marquee Abilities since, as I previously mentioned, I'm rather new, but it seems like a neat touch for late game players.

Overall, solid update. Cheers~

Reactions: PHPP
players that get it immediately have an almost broken advantage.
...why get it in the first place. I must be missing something here.
The key missing ingredient is that we don't have a game mode which fully tests your skill, and your collection, that also takes into account that you may own Diamond fighters. (YET)

Going back to our update notes...
WARNING!!! COMING SOON - EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CONTENT!!
In our next few updates we will be releasing some new content soon with unprecedented difficulty - for which a good Diamond Fighter (or two or three!) will go a LONG way.

Furthermore, as we release more collaborative and competitive social features in the coming months, Diamond Fighters will be even more valuable to you and your allies. Be prepared!
Diamond fighters will tie into these modes mentioned above. =)

We're letting you build your army early so that you can hit the ground running and just focus on the fun new content when it drops. Calm before the storm, if you will.

It's also important that our late game players have a goal to work towards. Diamond fighters might not appeal to mid game players, but we have plenty of top players sitting with a stale collection of 10+ duplicate Golds on every fighter. If we don't add new targets to hit, there's not much for them to do when they log in.

Everything seems fine to me with the new update.
Keep up the hard work!
We are waiting for Parasoul's Origin.

And guys do not afraid to upgrade to diamond.Diamond characters get very very strong!

Everything seems fine to me with the new update.
Keep up the hard work!
We are waiting for Parasoul's Origin.

And guys do not afraid to upgrade to diamond.Diamond characters get very very strong!

Thanks for the reply but...

...my highest gold fighter still at 3k... -_-;;;

Imagine,My Cerebella is Lv 12 and with almost 6K points.
You will get there.
thanks again ^-^ but even better if SG Mobile has "Friend Add" feature. That's also my wish

How's my drawing at my profile? Is it good enough?

Reactions: PHPP
thanks again ^-^ but even better if SG Mobile has "Friend Add" feature. That's also my wish

How's my drawing at my profile? Is it good enough?

Wait, did you drew this picture? It's so nice! Really liked your style, keep it up!

Also, I need first to get 5 golds to evolve anything to Diamond e.e
It will take some time...

Reactions: TasiaChaan
Wait, did you drew this picture? It's so nice! Really liked your style, keep it up!

Also, I need first to get 5 golds to evolve anything to Diamond e.e
It will take some time...
Eh! Thank you very much ^-^ I love drawing these character but always bad on drawing boys...

Same as me, it always be exciting if we got our gold fighter (I just got gold Windswept) sometimes. Could you ask me in Conversation? I'm afraid that I would create more out of topic post here

Last edited:
So what do you guys think?

About the friend feature? Yes, I really think it would be nice for the game. I have found really nice people both in the chat and in the forums, so it would be nice to have a way to at least see how they are doing and send them a message

Reactions: TasiaChaan
About the friend feature? Yes, I really think it would be nice for the game. I have found really nice people both in the chat and in the forums, so it would be nice to have a way to at least see how they are doing and send them a message

Especially when I had a nice chat one day to introduced ourselves from another country. I feel welcomed that day, and also today

Anyone else experiencing increased loading/connecting times with update 2.4? I'm on iPhone 6S, iOS 11.3, and today I find that the loading/connecting screens when navigating the app or after fights take noticeably longer. Sometime the spinning skullheart icon stops moving and makes me think the app froze (but if I leave it long enough, it continues loading). I'm experiencing this on both WiFi and cellular data.

I wasn't experiencing this yesterday after the update; it only started up this afternoon.

Anyone else experiencing increased loading/connecting times with update 2.4? I'm on iPhone 6S, iOS 11.3, and today I find that the loading/connecting screens when navigating the app or after fights take noticeably longer. Sometime the spinning skullheart icon stops moving and makes me think the app froze (but if I leave it long enough, it continues loading). I'm experiencing this on both WiFi and cellular data.

I wasn't experiencing this yesterday after the update; it only started up this afternoon.
Could you tell me which specific screens are taking longer to load than usual?

One change we made was that instead of loading all characters at the start of the app and never unloading them, we now load and unload characters when they are not being used.

If you enter a 1 on 1 fight with Cerebella, then Cerebella will need to be loaded to start the fight, and unloaded after the fight is finished. This DRASTICALLY reduces memory usage (which reduces random crashes), but it also means loading screens will be a tad longer if a character is being loaded.

Are you noticing this issue on menu actions that load characters, (Fights / Character Details) or just all loading screens in general? (That would be a connection issue)

This is planned for later this year! We have tons of social features planned - and supporting content to go along with it.

All of that is mentioned here:
http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/official-2018-preview.2461/

Could you tell me which specific screens are taking longer to load than usual?

One change we made was that instead of loading all characters at the start of the app and never unloading them, we now load and unload characters when they are not being used.

If you enter a 1 on 1 fight with Cerebella, then Cerebella will need to be loaded to start the fight, and unloaded after the fight is finished. This DRASTICALLY reduces memory usage (which reduces random crashes), but it also means loading screens will be a tad longer if a character is being loaded.

Are you noticing this issue on menu actions that load characters, (Fights / Character Details) or just all loading screens in general? (That would be a connection issue)
It felt like it's happening with all loading screens. I finished a PF fight and the loading screen after the XP gains took awhile (like a good 15-20 sec). When selecting a fight node in Story or Daily Events, it takes a few seconds to bring up the "VS" screen (this might be what you were talking about). When I go from PF to home screen, it's instant, but when I went from home screen to Daily Events, the "Connecting" screen took longer to load than usual. Also whenever I open the app, the "Authorizing" step of logging in takes longer than usual, and the Daily Missions screen pops up everytime I open the app and it takes awhile to load.