• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2.7.1 Update Notes (LIVE!)

The problem with the trigger is that you're relying on an opponent's action, not your own. At best, you're dealing with a character who's using those crits for things other than straight damage (Parasite Weave, no egrets, etc.) At worst, that's a five percent chance an effect procs every time you get hit that doesn't save you from getting your butt served to you on a silver platter. Painwheel isn't the tankiest (tanky-est?) character to begin with, so having both her effects assume she's getting batted around like a pinata doesn't do much for the character. In offense, it's pointless, in defense, if the effect is activating at a sizable rate, it's too late to salvage her.
Keep in mind painwheel is already atk heavy to give her any ability that gives a stable increase of atk is unbalancing the game so the only choices we are left with is give her better defense. And we can’t even give her too much defense buff because that would also unbalance the game. Just saying

Reactions: rexturtle1120
These buffs! Especially sheltered parasoul! I am so ready,
Too bad about understudy bella though, i mean, it's a good change, but i never got enough understudy bellas to experience it, anyway, an overall great update, and i CANNOT wait to play it!

Also thank you for fixing cerabella's plummel house glitch,
It was funny, but got annoying fast, mainly due to squiggly, who's also been fixed, i gotta give it to you guys, your ontop of things!

Keep in mind painwheel is already atk heavy to give her any ability that gives a stable increase of atk is unbalancing the game so the only choices we are left with is give her better defense. And we can’t even give her too much defense buff because that would also unbalance the game. Just saying
It's not even a defense buff really, one stack of Armor isn't really changing much unless you're Resonant Evil Big Band, enrage does nothing for you if you're in the process of getting bodied, and a single free hit with no knockback will only help you if you're getting them with Dread Locks frequency.

So... is anyone going to tell them that the problem with Painwheel's Marquee abilities are the triggers and not the effects?
Painwheel marquee is about making the best of a bad situation. Can't tell you how many times I took down an enemy with his own crit, and with the new changes she can take 0 damage with 50% def and 2 crits.

Painwheel marquee is about making the best of a bad situation. Can't tell you how many times I took down an enemy with his own crit, and with the new changes she can take 0 damage with 50% def and 2 crits.
The problem is, at high streaks you eat a combo - you die, doubly so with painwheel (though maybe it's just me not bothering to build defense). What use is a marque that activates on hit when getting hit means you die? It effectively makes pw marques defense-only abilities. I mean Immoral Fiber at least heals teammates when she dies, Painwheel just gets buried with fancy buffs.

Well, yes, getting armour on crits might make you survive against opponents that don't need help in dealing against to begin with (Filia? Parasoul?). Meanwhile your friendly neighbourhood Cerbella will oneshot you just the same.

These changes are very much welcomed thank you.

P.s.
These are such amazing changes, I may be having a crush on you.
P.p.s.
;) talk to me talk to me baby!

The problem is, at high streaks you eat a combo - you die, doubly so with painwheel (though maybe it's just me not bothering to build defense). What use is a marque that activates on hit when getting hit means you die? It effectively makes pw marques defense-only abilities. I mean Immoral Fiber at least heals teammates when she dies, Painwheel just gets buried with fancy buffs.

Well, yes, getting armour on crits might make you survive against opponents that don't need help in dealing against to begin with (Filia? Parasoul?). Meanwhile your friendly neighbourhood Cerbella will oneshot you just the same.
And the sec that Cerebella crits you she is screwed if you have tainted blood. I have seen high streak Cered deal crits with Diamonds are forever of 94k and that reflected 100% on her means she dies on the spot too

I know I'm gonna love this update (then again, all the updates have been awesome. Except 2.5. I still have nightmares about the BB3 spam)

I do have some things to say about the ability changes
FIGHTER TUNING

It's that time again! we've made a whole bunch of changes to a number of fighters, particularly many of the "lower tier" characters on our Community Tier List. You can find all the changes below, organized in a table for your reading pleasure!

FIGHTER CHANGES

1Zpl4Kg.png

Mynm7d5.png

As much as I love these new changes, most of these fighters are still not good enough to really be considered useful. As an example, Graveyard Shift might have a better SA, but she still either has to take someone down or let one of her teammates go down. With SA1, she still only does 3000 damage, so good luck killing anyone with that. Sketchy also has a far better SA. But again, it still depends on tag-ins, which don't happen very often. Her damage is also not high enough to really be of use. On the other hand, Hair Apparent is much better now, seeing as she can charge her meter up as fast as Windswept and still does decent damage. The same can be said for Nearly Departed, since she no longer has to be dead in order to revive her teammates.

MARQUEE ABILITY CHANGES

nhRydL3.png

Again, these changes are nice. However, Painwheel's MA is still mediocre at best seeing as the problem is the fact that it relies on the opponent's action and not your own. In the best scenario, you'll be dealing with a character that utilizes critical hits for something other than damage (i.e. Bad Ms Frosty, Parasite Weave, Heavy Reign, etc.). On offense, worthless. On defense, not entirely worthless. But only if you use MA1. And even still, the opponent has to constantly be landing criticals in order for it to really do much. Overall, the Marquee cannot be triggered through the player's actions and assumes she'll survive being beat around like a pinata. Which she almost never does.

(Also I'm betting the Gehenna stage creeped out a lot of us in SG2E, so its only fitting that its here in time for Halloween)

I think what the devs were trying to do with Inkling's SA2 was make her a better and more focused solo carry, since her SA1 is geared for an offensive solo carry unit. The old SA2 clashed with her SA1 in terms what role Inkling served(solo carry versus support).
A couple of characters, especially silver ones, can be used for support. Peacock Gold is quite enough as a solo character. Now there are only a few characters on support. 25% damage SA has more chances to win in the heavy ranks, as support.

lol grudge gives painwheel the ability to completely shut down crit fighters and survive an entire combo with 1-5 stacks of enrage and people still say it's a bad ma
Is the ultimate counter to several ms fortune and precision stackers fighters

The Understudy Cerebella change on her SA2 feels like a nerf more than just an adjustment if it removes her teammates' throw damage increase. It barely pulls it's own weight in gold prize fights and I use it just as a support for both gold and silver prize fights. I can't understand how this would be a buff to improve it's usage.
Yeah, I liked to play with her supporting Beowulf - Cold Stones in Bronze and Silve Prize Fights

Is the ultimate counter to several ms fortune and precision stackers fighters
Not really, the Precision buff hits he enemy will a critical but I don’t think it activates the MAs and I know for a fact it doesnt activate the SAs

Not really, the Precision buff hits he enemy will a critical but I don’t think it activates the MAs and I know for a fact it doesnt activate the SAs

According to what Liam post in the 2.6 update the precision only prevents SAs:

PRECISION is a buff that will consume one stack on hit to guarantee a CRITICAL HIT. This critical hit will also ignore "defensive" Signature Abilities and prevent them from activating entirely! That means no Dread Locks damage reflection, no stun activation chance from Resonant Evil, and no unflinching from Armed Forces/Untouchable!

Yo

PRECISION is a buff that will consume one stack on hit to guarantee a CRITICAL HIT. This critical hit will also ignore "defensive" Signature Abilities and prevent them from activating entirely! That means no Dread Locks damage reflection, no stun activation chance from Resonant Evil, and no unflinching from Armed Forces/Untouchable!
You are right, that's why painwheel was a defense monster on ms fortune pf, your crits got reflected and you gained precisions that made you take even more damage

Alright thanks my bad!

Get hype! It is happening now! They're currently in maintenance mode for the new update.

It will be interesting to see how the tier chart changes after the Six Silvers and the revised characters. I doubt I can score top 100 for the ever-elusive NECROBREAKER Squigly though.