• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

ELIZA HAS A HORRIBLE GRAB

Underdog

Reaction score
Okay, so lets be real her if you are playing Eliza you will soon find out how bad her grab is. Every time i use the grab the AI breaks out of it. It only seems to lands 1 in 10 tries. Its a little frustrating but I guess you could just not use it. However, seeing as i love to use grabs to get some distance i fond it hard to not do.

Okay, so lets be real her if you are playing Eliza you will soon find out how bad her grab is. Every time i use the grab the AI breaks out of it. It only seems to lands 1 in 10 tries. Its a little frustrating but I guess you could just not use it. However, seeing as i love to use grabs to get some distance i fond it hard to not do.

Same thing with me! I always get annoyed when the grab doesn't work but at least you go away from the opponent by a little bit.

Grabs in general are just bad in this game. For the player they're all techable on reaction, so it actually feels odd to me when the AI lets you do one.

Seriously, I've gotten her grab broken in situations where I never have problems landing it with anyone else! It has to be some kind of mistake.

Seriously, I've gotten her grab broken in situations where I never have problems landing it with anyone else! It has to be some kind of mistake.

Eliza's grab has the most active tech frames in this game so it is very easy to tech it, as I visual que the opponent has up to the moment her weapon hits their back to tech which is about a second or two from when you grab them so it's pretty much impossible to land with high level AI in fact even low level AI easily tech her throw it's unbelievable. People like big band have this problem as well since you can tech big band's throw even after taking damage from it because of those active tech frames. It's a shame since Eliza's throw does pretty decent damage and gains a good bit of meter. If your looking to punish stuff just stick to your jab into a combo since jab is fast and it leds into a combo (duh XD) rather than a grabs burst damage. One added sin is that grab (if it lands) sends the opponent full screen which is bad since Eliza hasn't got a lot of good approach options but if your in the corner you can get some extra damage off with jab or launcher combo which is nice but the grab in all honesty won't land 99% of the time so I wouldn't risk it.

Reactions: Boogiepop
Eliza's grab has the most active tech frames in this game so it is very easy to tech it, as I visual que the opponent has up to the moment her weapon hits their back to tech which is about a second or two from when you grab them so it's pretty much impossible to land with high level AI in fact even low level AI easily tech her throw it's unbelievable.

Are you sure? I've been teched after I smash Eliza's staff into the opponents back and start twisting. As the twist starts to happen, it's teched and I do some damage but barely any.

Are you sure? I've been teched after I smash Eliza's staff into the opponents back and start twisting. As the twist starts to happen, it's teched and I do some damage but barely any.

I've never had that problem with Eliza (then again I don't use her grab much), every time her mic slams down the AI hasn't ever teched it for me but that being said grab is still probably her worse move outside of non upgraded charge attack so I wouldn't recommend using it anyway even if it looks like you can grab.

That's quite the consensus!
We'll look into this, thanks for the feedback everyone.

No problem! We're all glad you took note of this glitch! Hope to see it buffed in the next update/patch!

Tagging into this since it's about Eliza's shortcomings.
Eliza's 1 2 3 tap combo should really be 2 1 3. Her high finger poke always misses as a punish against certain moves.