• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

No Fortune love?

Poringsmasher

Reaction score
She's a fun character and while I hope she makes it in SGM eventually I do wonder how she'll work here with her losing her head and what not.

Mainly, I just wanted her to have some love here so that she's not the most back burner of characters to be added lol. It would be a cat-astrophe if she never made it in.

She's just a weird character whose main gimmick in the console game would be basically impossible to pull off in Mobile outside of a flavor detail in her Blockbuster animations. So far I believe every character who had a unique gimmick like that has had it represented at least somewhat in the game (Parasoul tears, Eliza's Sekmet, Cerebella's... grappling... i guess) so it'd be a shame if there was no real way to make it work for Ms. Fortune.

But given that Little Innsmouth is the focus for the first story chapter I have hope they'll try to find a way to make it work out.

Reactions: Poringsmasher
She's a fun character and while I hope she makes it in SGM eventually I do wonder how she'll work here with her losing her head and what not.

Mainly, I just wanted her to have some love here so that she's not the most back burner of characters to be added lol. It would be a cat-astrophe if she never made it in.

...Do you like Ms. Fortune too? :3
She's actually my favorite character of the game. :3
She's a headless character as well as a cat. :3

Sorry, I've gone a bit insane today. Forgive me for that.

Well I'm also a great fan of puns and if nothing else she'll bring more of those lol.

As is, I already like a lot of the names of the various fighter types and I'm sure Nadia will have some great ones as well. I'd even be fine with her being a fairly basic character with extra flavor on the skills/BBs.

In the Character Design Paradigms thread, she's not listed on the charts either, so she might not come for a long time, unfortunately. But mechanics aside, the story is also a prequel and shows non-dismembered Ms. Fortune, so I'd wonder how that would work out too.

I'm sure they'll find a way to make her work eventually!

In the Character Design Paradigms thread, she's not listed on the charts either, so she might not come for a long time, unfortunately. But mechanics aside, the story is also a prequel and shows non-dismembered Ms. Fortune, so I'd wonder how that would work out too.

I'm sure they'll find a way to make her work eventually!
Supposedly the tutorial mentions our fighters are from different dimensions. (Why else would Cerebella storm Medici Tower with Parasoul?) so that's not actually an issue for the game. That's also probably the logic behind Double eventually joining us at all considering she's one of the only 100% villainous characters from the original game.

(The other being Eliza, who manages to make Double look sympathetic, but nah who wants to play as Minette? Or Umbrella? Or Stanley or Marie or Black Dahlia or Annie or literally anyone else... yes i'm still salty about that last character vote)

Reactions: PHPP
Yeah the option to get a "Sol Badguy"-like character in SG was what I really wanted to headline my team, but hey, maybe after Indivisible they'll eventually work on a SG2 lol.

Really at this point I just want more characters/more content so I'll take what I can get.

Reactions: PHPP
All I want is my headless kitty but hey, more Skullgirls is ALWAYS a good thing, yeah?

Reactions: Kassem Shour
Supposedly the tutorial mentions our fighters are from different dimensions. (Why else would Cerebella storm Medici Tower with Parasoul?) so that's not actually an issue for the game. That's also probably the logic behind Double eventually joining us at all considering she's one of the only 100% villainous characters from the original game.

(The other being Eliza, who manages to make Double look sympathetic, but nah who wants to play as Minette? Or Umbrella? Or Stanley or Marie or Black Dahlia or Annie or literally anyone else... yes i'm still salty about that last character vote)
Oh really? I must've forgotten that. Double's been around in the canon timeline for a long time and technically you wouldn't be able to tell she's evil from a glance at her nun form, and she only becomes grotesque when fighting so I think it would've been fine to include her anyways.

Also! One of the banners on the Skullgirls Mobile website main page actually has Annie and Umbrella, so I'm still completely hopeful that a mobile game is the venue to easily introduce more characters! (Especially Annie.)
(I'm sure it'd be a long, long stretch and characters like Robo-Fortune/Fukua would have to come first but oh well.)

Maybe he gimmick could be like how Rosaline and Luma is in Smash, but just the part where Luma is glued to Rosaline. Like uh basically makes her combos automatically longer if you have her head out I suppose.

Then again I imagine part of the reason why implementing Fortune is having her body and head moving separately is a massive pain on hardware, so idk

(I'm sure it'd be a long, long stretch and characters like Robo-Fortune/Fukua would have to come first but oh well.)
Not wholly sure about Fukua and Double. Considering some of the moves they use are cut moves from other fighters, uncut for mobile, would they share the same move pool? Or would entirely new moves need to be designed?

They have plenty of fukuas blockbusters on filia already, like drill tempered.

Anyways, ms fortune should definitely be part of the game! All main game fighters come on mobile eventually, but on my opinion, ms fortune (and double) are overdue. And why should it be a problem to implement her when you can have 3 painwheel in your team?

It's mentioned somewhere that the mobile game takes place before the main Skullgirls story line as depicted in the main game. It also takes place before Ms. Fortune eats the diamond, so she wouldn't even have most of her actual move set. No volleyball head, no omnomnomnom, no air BB (forgot the name, the one where she uses her tail as a sword), and no 5th of Dismember. She'd be an actual Wolverine clone unless they gave her new abilities

It's mentioned somewhere that the mobile game takes place before the main Skullgirls story line as depicted in the main game. It also takes place before Ms. Fortune eats the diamond, so she wouldn't even have most of her actual move set. No volleyball head, no omnomnomnom, no air BB (forgot the name, the one where she uses her tail as a sword), and no 5th of Dismember. She'd be an actual Wolverine clone unless they gave her new abilities
Our fighters are canonically* pulled from other dimensions where other series of events have occured. The storyline we know has no bearing on the fighters we can obtain, other than all of them being Skullgirls characters.

*"canonically" as in that's the explanation the game gives, I doubt there's actually some faceless agent pulling dozens of versions of Filia from other universes and then feeding them to one another in the actual storyline, but things like Parasoul storming Medici Tower and fighting Cerebella probably actually happened.

So far I believe every character who had a unique gimmick like that has had it represented at least somewhat in the game (Parasoul tears, Eliza's Sekmet, Cerebella's... grappling... i guess)
Painwheel doesn't have Hatred Guard, and Install isn't an install anymore
Filia doesn't have sanic speed airdashes and IADs, and also Updo is missing for whatever reason
Val doesn't have any mobility at all, and no upback Dead Cross
Peacock doesn't really have anything that can be considered zoning, and she lost The Punch Move™

And worst of all, Band doesn't have his trumpet, which I think we can all agree is the single biggest travesty in this game.

Painwheel doesn't have Hatred Guard, and Install isn't an install anymore
Filia doesn't have sanic speed airdashes and IADs, and also Updo is missing for whatever reason
Val doesn't have any mobility at all, and no upback Dead Cross
Peacock doesn't really have anything that can be considered zoning, and she lost The Punch Move™

And worst of all, Band doesn't have his trumpet, which I think we can all agree is the single biggest travesty in this game.
Can confirm not being able to Blast we are number 1 causes me physical pain.

LOL really love the cat pun. By the way, what type of Ms Fortunes will we get, I hope that one of them has the colour pallet of Makoto Nanaya from BlazBlue.

LOL really love the cat pun. By the way, what type of Ms Fortunes will we get, I hope that one of them has the colour pallet of Makoto Nanaya from BlazBlue.

They'll probably end up announcing it on twiiter when the release is near, but the default pallet will definitely be one of them and it will be a bronze

They just announced that Fortune will be the next playable character in mobile! Yay!