• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Big Band Combos

BambooEarpick

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Generally combos in this game are: ground combo > launcher > air combo.

However, I've found Big Band can do a little bit more and I thought I'd share! I wish there was an easy way to record video from a phone because showing is much better than telling. Anyway, here's Wonderwall.

Bread and Butters:

ground combo > launcher > Cymbal Clash

This will hopefully stun your opponent so you can follow up with another combo. If you get the stun it's basically like a free combo.

ground combo > launcher > Beat Extend > Super-Sonic Jazz
(in the corner) ground combo > launcher > air combo > Beat Extend > Super-Sonic Jazz

This is my go-to combo if I have the meter and I just want to ensure that I do a bunch of damage. This is pretty good with Epic Sax Big Band as it does a bunch of hits. Conversely, it's weak against Resonant Evil Big Band.

Advanced:

dash > ground combo > launcher > dash > ground combo XX Super-Sonic Jazz >> Beat Extend

(in the corner) dash > ground combo >launcher > air combo > dash > ground combo XX Super-Sonic Jazz >> Beat Extend

You cancel the second ground combo at the fourth hit (the whirly foot part) into Super-Sonic Jazz. If you just tap carelessly there's a good chance you'll complete the ground combo and drop the opponent.

The transition from Super-Sonic Jazz > Beat Extend requires some moderately precise timing. You must wait a bit after Super-Sonic Jazz finishes before performing Beat Extend. I think maybe the best way to time this (without just getting a natural feel for it) is when doing Super-Sonic Jazz's 5 hits, continue to keep the rhythm going in your head (6, 7, 8) and right on 8 you Beat Extend.

One great thing about this combo is that you can start at 0 meter and by the time you need to perform Super-Sonic Jazz you'll probably have enough meter (I'm not sure if certain characters have hit boxes that will make you miss hits but I've tested it on Cerebella and you can go from 0 meter to enough to perform the combo).

You can also replace Beat Extend with a Cymbal Clash but the timing is different. This, however, allows you to fit in two of these combos on stun.

Edit: Spacing for easier reading consumption.

The world is full of obvious things.

Last edited:
My favorite Combo will have to be
Dash>ground combo>launcher>cymbal clash>ground combo>reset>ground combo>Launcher> air combo>super sonic>air combo>beat extend

This relies on getting the stun from CC, but it's a great combo to use and usually guarantees killing an enemy before they can get bb3 off.

Reactions: BambooEarpick
@ThanatosDK

Oh wow, nice! I have a hard time reliably getting ground combo > reset > ground combo but I like what you got going on here.
I didn't even think of attempting air combo after SSJ! Good stuff.

i would like to add that for the advance combo no wall (so no air combo), i was able to get SSJ after all 5 hits if you hit them early enough during the fall so they dont actually hit the ground after 5th tap. (but for some reason, sometimes the combo count is off by 1 or 2) I was also able to add a Cymbal Clash right after Beat Extend with the same logic (activating Beat extend early enough that after it wears off, they are still airborn to give enough time for Cymbal Clash) If Cymbal Clash stuns, you can repeat the combo all over again! and you should be in the corner after the SSJ! Also, by epic sax has 18% meter gain, and with the no wall combo, SSJ comes up exactly after the 5th hit.

edit: thats odd, i was able to add cymbal clash against painwheel and peacock, but I cant seem to add it against cerabella

Last edited:
edit: thats odd, i was able to add cymbal clash against painwheel and peacock, but I cant seem to add it against cerabella

Yeah, that's the thing about some of these. You can combo certain characters while others don't play as nice. I think I've had the hardest time connecting combos on Parasoul so far.

Yeah, that's the thing about some of these. You can combo certain characters while others don't play as nice. I think I've had the hardest time connecting combos on Parasoul so far.

Yea, definitely fall speed (weight?) will factor on whether or not you can combo cymbal clash. After extensive testing, the only ones I have been able to successfully chain clash to are Painwheel, Peacock, and surprisingly Valentine. I was not able to chain to Eliza, Filia, Cerabella, Parasoul, nor Big Band. Also, Big Band's fall speed is so fast, you HAVE TO CANCEL for SSJ, and even then, sometimes SSJ will still miss b/c big band hits the ground way too soon. All 7 other fighters I was able to chain SSJ without canceling.

edit: somehow managed to chain Cymbal clash on Parasoul, so it is possible for mid-weight fighters, but after many more unsuccessful attempts, I have not been able to recreate it.

Last edited:
You can also replace Beat Extend with a Cymbal Clash but the timing is different. This, however, allows you to fit in two of these combos on stun.

The timing for Cymbal Clash is literally activate it as soon as possible, then afterward, you can actually go into dash -> ground combo XX -> Beat Extend

not sure when is the best time to cancel, but if you do the full 5, only the first hit of beat extend will hit, rest miss.

edit: sofar xx at 4th tap seems to work. have not tried against big band tho, he has the fastest fall

edit2: found out activating cymbal clash ASAP only works for med-weight fighters. the lighter ones you need to time perfectly, and is prob more hassle than it is worth

Last edited:
I've found that you can hit a cymbal clash after a ground combo without using a launcher if the enemy doesnt have a first-frame skill (drillationship, upwards targeting BBs, etc), which gives you time (given an upgraded cymbal clash) to get in a full ground combo before the stun wears off, or two partial ground combos.
This is especially potent on Epic Sax BB as everything counts towards his combo if the enemy is stunned, so its quite easy to get to over 100 combo hits if you do

Ground combo > Cymbal > Ground combo > Ground combo > Beat Extend > Cymbal Clash > Partial Ground Combo > Ground Combo > (repeat or Strike Up the Band)

I dont think most of this is necessary since even 10k fighters die before the second cymbal clash if you're running a 5k full damage Epic Sax, but this still works as a really strong stunlock combo on any other BB.

I've found that you can hit a cymbal clash after a ground combo without using a launcher if the enemy doesnt have a first-frame skill (drillationship, upwards targeting BBs, etc), which gives you time (given an upgraded cymbal clash) to get in a full ground combo before the stun wears off, or two partial ground combos.
This is especially potent on Epic Sax BB as everything counts towards his combo if the enemy is stunned, so its quite easy to get to over 100 combo hits if you do

Ground combo > Cymbal > Ground combo > Ground combo > Beat Extend > Cymbal Clash > Partial Ground Combo > Ground Combo > (repeat or Strike Up the Band)

I dont think most of this is necessary since even 10k fighters die before the second cymbal clash if you're running a 5k full damage Epic Sax, but this still works as a really strong stunlock combo on any other BB.

does the combo number turn red before the first cymbal clash? if so, then there is an opening where the opponent can react and punish. (I believe any BB can be used here, not just upward ones) I'd rather not getting countered and just guarantee a kill using bamboo's advance combo and meter gain.

does the combo number turn red before the first cymbal clash? if so, then there is an opening where the opponent can react and punish. (I believe any BB can be used here, not just upward ones) I'd rather not getting countered and just guarantee a kill using bamboo's advance combo and meter gain.
There is definitely an opening which can be punished, however the AI will not punish this combo unless they are playing filia or have a BB available. It is a very greedy combo to go for, but is incredibly rewarding and is low risk provided you watch the enemy BB meter.

Here's mine:
Dash>ground combo>cymbal clash(if stun, then>ground combo>launcher>beat extend>trip attack)>counter>ground combo>Sweet clarinet/launcher>beat extend>ground combo

If this doesn't kill, or get them close, rinse and repeat. This week's event, high top hijinks, makes this even easier.

(When they are close enough to the wall to bounce off it or are up against it)
Dash [1st hit only] > Ground combo > Launcher > Air combo > Ground combo [stop at 4th hit] > Super-Sonic Jazz > [wait for them to fall but before they hit the floor] Ground combo [stop at 4th hit] > Beat Extend.

Screenshot_20170821_182109.png

Tends to get 47-51, depending on character. Timing when to hit the middle part as your enemy falls off-screen is tricky but far easier against someone like Beowulf or Big Band. I haven't played around with Sweet Clarinet or Cymbal Clash so it could be better.

I really want Epic Sax, gosh darn it.

personally I use these combos, might not be ones cuz I rarely play Big Band, but it sure gets the job done in beating a team 17x your FS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

personally I use these combos, might not be ones cuz I rarely play Big Band, but it sure gets the job done in beating a team 17x your FS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Hot Interracial BBC Foursome"

Okay, first off, Mood™ but also I have lost a lung laughing at that title so I have to honestly say kudos to such an informative and risqué video.

"Hot Interracial BBC Foursome"

Okay, first off, Mood™ but also I have lost a lung laughing at that title so I have to honestly say kudos to such an informative and risqué video.
Big Band Clarinet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not as impressive as Bob’s record setting 100-hit true combo. But this was the best I could pull off in an actual fight (Strike Up The Band➡️Super-sonic Jazz➡️Beat Extend)

MEBltQK.png

I know I'm kind of late, but here's something.