• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

UPDATE: 1.4.2 LIVE / 1.4.1 Android Stability Issues

MightyZug

Game Director
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
www.hiddenvariable.com
UPDATE (9/7): As many of you have already discovered, 1.4.2 (which includes a fix to the auto-dash / crashing issue) has been released on Google Play. Let us know if you have any further issues!

We know some users have reported issues with Android OS 8.0. Skullgirls does not currently officially support OS 8.0 - it works on some devices and (clearly) does not work on others. Resolving this is one of our top priorities. We plan to include full OS 8.0 support in our 1.5 update later this month.

We are still discussing with LINE, but expect something in the mail in the next few days as a small gesture of thanks for your patience while we sorted all this out.

UPDATE (9/5): We have found what we believe to be the cause of the auto-dash / crashing issue that was plaguing many Android users. We have submitted an updated build to LINE and it is currently undergoing QA as we speak. We will update you as soon as we have more information regarding the build status.

UPDATE (9/11): Due to many Android users missing the Beowulf PF event because of bugs in the initial release of 1.4, we've scheduled an additional Beowulf event for this coming weekend!

The event is your standard Beowulf PF event, however, it will run this SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY. As such, it will be available alongside the normal Medici Shakedown event.

After this, the Beowulf event will return to its normal schedule!

----

Hey everyone,

We're sorry to hear that so many of you (especially Android users) are experiencing critical issues with our 1.4.1 release.

We naturally didn't see any of these issues occur during the QA period on the devices that we tested internally. Unfortunately, we are a very small team, and are thus currently reliant on LINE for most of our compatibility testing. In light of these issues, we are discussing next steps with LINE as we speak and hope to be able to fix both the immediate issues ASAP while also hopefully resolving the underlying problems that enabled them to slip through in the first place.

All that said, none of this is intended as an excuse, merely a partial explanation. You have every reason to expect that the game will function consistently (if not better) with each update, as opposed to getting worse. We are aggressively investigating this issue and will update this thread with more information as soon as we have news regarding next steps.

We appreciate your patience while we address the problem, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

We're sorry to hear that so many of you (especially Android users) are experiencing critical issues with our 1.4.1 release.

We naturally didn't see any of these issues occur during the QA period on the devices that we tested internally. Unfortunately, we are a very small team, and are thus currently reliant on LINE for most of our compatibility testing. In light of these issues, we are discussing next steps with LINE as we speak and hope to be able to fix both the immediate issues ASAP while also hopefully resolving the underlying problems that enabled them to slip through in the first place.

All that said, none of this is intended as an excuse, merely a partial explanation. You have every reason to expect that the game will function consistently (if not better) with each update, as opposed to getting worse. We are aggressively investigating this issue and will update this thread with more information as soon as we have news regarding next steps.

We appreciate your patience while we address the problem, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Thanks for the update. You rarely get to see gamedevs do these kinda stuff in other games. Here's to hoping for this game to get bigger and better! And a quick work of the bug hahaha go guys

I love the game, once again, not attacking anyone, but it sounds like this is LINE's fault? That said, is it their support team I follow up with for the intellectual damages of missing experience, blockbusters, special moves, theonites, and progress towards prize fight? I'm pretty new to the game, this is serious stuff I missed out on in my progression to becoming an advanced player.

I appreciate the update, I'm glad to hear that you're discussing making things better with LINE. As I've said it's a little disappointing that things seems to get worse with each release as this game and the concept is pretty phenomenal. Looking forward to the update.

P.S. @moderators really hard to refrain...

Last edited:
That said, is it their support team I follow up with for the intellectual damages of missing experience, blockbusters, special moves, theonites, and progress towards prize fight? I'm pretty new to the game, this is serious stuff I missed out on in my progression to becoming an advanced player.

... Gibraltor I think you might be taking this whole thing a bit seriously. You're missing out on a couple of days of playing a game. It's really not intellectually damaging you or stopping you from becoming an advanced player.

Chill out and wait for the devs to fix the game. You'll give yourself a heart attack.

Happy to hear this is being addressed, always have skullgirls encore to play. :D

Reactions: Zenon
... Gibraltor I think you might be taking this whole thing a bit seriously. You're missing out on a couple of days of playing a game. It's really not intellectually damaging you or stopping you from becoming an advanced player.

Chill out and wait for the devs to fix the game. You'll give yourself a heart attack.
Right as you are, I'm mostly devastated because I only got 2 golds, max fs is 1,300 something, and usually I play games in bursts. I have a wife, child, and child on the way, so when I'm not able to play during the times I AM able to play, it's a lot more serious than everyone is giving me credit for.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's fixed soon. I'm glad that app stability is back on my device for the most part.

So what's going to happen exactly? Are you guys just going to secretly roll it out and all will be well? Or will there be another update to install in the store?

So what's going to happen exactly? Are you guys just going to secretly roll it out and all will be well? Or will there be another update to install in the store?

It wouldn't think it is a server side issue alone. So there will need to be a new client delivered to the play store I would assume.

[Edit] since the game breaks during gameplay I know there will need to be a new app, as this isn't a server communication issue, at that point the client is running by itself.

Edit 2: hidden variable developer Ownface just told me this:

"Official support for Android 8.0 won't be coming until the next update. We were aware of this issue, and unfortunately had to make the call to ship it as is because Oreo started rolling out mid-submission. Apologies for the inconvenience, and we hope to address it/fully support 8.0 soon!"

I'm guessing that means 1.5. Which won't be out for another month or so following their schedule. So, great game, bad decision. I'm uninstalling and moving on, let's hope South Park phone destroyer is out soon! Wish the best to everyone including the devs. Don't upgrade to 8.0 if you like this game.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, we will have an interim build coming ASAP for the combat crash. We will also be working to release a separate update supporting aOS 8.0 as soon as possible. Again, apologies for the inconvenience. I understand the frustration.

Just to clarify, we will have an interim build coming ASAP for the combat crash. We will also be working to release a separate update supporting aOS 8.0 as soon as possible. Again, apologies for the inconvenience. I understand the frustration.
My Note 4 is running on 6.0.1 and has been recently updated to that software. Is that the same as aOS 8.0?

My Note 4 is running on 6.0.1 and has been recently updated to that software. Is that the same as aOS 8.0?

No, that OS is two years old. The note 4 doesn't have the minimum requirements to go to 8.0.

UPDATE: We have found what we believe to be the cause of the auto-dash / crashing issue that was plaguing many Android users. We have submitted an updated build to LINE and it is currently undergoing QA as we speak.

We will update you as soon as we have more information regarding the build status.

UPDATE: We have found what we believe to be the cause of the auto-dash / crashing issue that was plaguing many Android users. We have submitted an updated build to LINE and it is currently undergoing QA as we speak.

We will update you as soon as we have more information regarding the build status.
Yes! One step closer to playing again! Thanks for the update

That was quick! Nice work guys <3

Reactions: Zuzuska

Thanks so much for your hard work! Are there any plans to add more members to the team in the hopes of having more users to forward feedback in any such way to prevent this problem happening again?

Regardless, much love from all of us! We can't wait to be running the Medicis out of town!

Are there any plans to add more members to the team in the hopes of having more users to forward feedback in any such way to prevent this problem happening again?
We're doing everything in our power to secure more testing to help prevent these issues in the future.
The more successful the game is, the more resources we'll have at our disposal.

Reactions: Zuzuska and Wulfden