• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 1.5.0 Update Notes (LIVE!)

MightyZug

Game Director
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
www.hiddenvariable.com
The 1.5.0 update is now LIVE!

ANDROID 8.0 SUPPORT
As promised, Skullgirls now officially supports Android OS 8.0 - thanks for your patience!

ORIGIN STORY - PAINWHEEL
ZJWAaZ1l.jpg

• Poor Carol :(
  • Like the Peacock and Big Band Origin Stories:
    • Requires Player Level 20 to Unlock
    • Every Fight within an Origin Story requires that you use a Fighter of that story’s character type
    • Origin Stories are NOT EASY, especially in Advanced and Expert mode. Get ready for a challenge!
  • UP NEXT: Valentine, Cerebella and many more!
NINE NEW GOLD FIGHTERS!
We’re excited to announce NINE NEW GOLD FIGHTERS to add to your collection!

With this set of Fighters, we wanted to add more tactical variety to the way you build and use your Fighters, including providing tools to help counter some of the more prevalent Fighters you’ll encounter in more end-game content.

3WMwKGt.jpg

Overviews of each of the new Fighters below (using SPOILER tags to ensure the page loads quickly for those on mobile connections).

NOTE: Each of these Fighters is at max level with their Skill Trees (and thus Signature Abilities) maxed out.

MTnCVC8h.jpg

Nq8wv6ih.jpg

K4Cs1Urh.jpg

C6tHXJqh.jpg

udASLq0h.jpg

QXbXdOwh.jpg

ciPbcEfh.jpg

yCusunuh.jpg

zUh9b5Vh.jpg

NEW FIGHTERS ADDED TO ALL STANDARD RELICS
Itching to get your mitts on these new Fighters? Luckily, they will be added to ALL Gold Tier-appropriate Relics:
  • Premiere Relics
  • Character Specific Relics (only the Fighter of that Character Type)
  • Shard to Get Relics
  • Silver Lining Relics (from Login Bonuses)
  • Newly Minted Relics
    • Wait… what’s this?!
    • Funny you should ask...
SPECIAL NEW GOLD FIGHTER PRIZE FIGHT!
We will be releasing a new HOT OFF THE PRESSES Prize Fight (currently planned for Monday Oct 2nd, the final date will depend on our final release date) that will grant the top 10% of players a Newly Minted Relic, which will GUARANTEE ONE of the nine new Fighters above!

dxgo2TWh.jpg

Let us know what you think of the new Fighters!

MISSION PROGRESS NOTIFICATIONS
  • Ever wanted to know how close you were to closing out a particular Mission? You’re in luck!
  • Now, whenever you make progress towards one of your Daily Missions, a little notification will appear on the Results screen to let you know how close you are to your goal
J0efoUVh.jpg

UX IMPROVEMENTS
  • Increased Move Multi-Sell Limit
    • Increased the Move Multi-Sell Limit from 10 to 50
  • Fight Timer Updates
    • Fixed bug preventing Timer from turning red and pulsing as it ticks down below 1:00
  • Misc Improvements
    • Improved Fighter positioning on Match Preview for various team-size layouts
    • Fixed issue where non-permanent modifier icons would stack onto permanent ones in the HUD
    • Fixed issue where cards would stack in an odd order if you were holding a card while transitioning between screens
CHARACTER SPECIFIC UPDATES
  • Big Band
    • Fixed bug in which Resonant Evil's SA could trigger on blocked hits
  • Cerebella
    • SM Merry Go-Rilla can now be interrupted during its startup frames
    • Fixed bug with BB1 Diamond Dynamo that prevented bonus damage from SA’s from being applied to the final hit
  • Eliza
    • Fixed a bug where Eliza's launcher would sometimes confer the wrong hit reaction allowing an infinite combo
  • Filia
    • At long last, added Shampoo VFX for the launcher portion of BB2 Widow’s Peak
  • Painwheel
    • Fixed bug with Twisted Mettle’s SA that would cause it to trigger and confer Bleeds on Blocked Hits
  • Valentine
    • Removed knockback on the last hit of Valentine's advanced ground combo to guarantee transition to launcher and improve overall combo-ability
GENERAL COMBAT UPDATES
NOTE: All these changes apply to players as well as AI opponents
  • Improved Outtakes
    • Move Cost reduced from 3 to 2
    • Cooldown time reduced (L1 > L15) from 30>20 to 20>10
    • Outtakes now work on Fighters with Unflinching
  • AI Improvements
    • Opponents will now clear their action queue on get up, preventing them from performing close range actions (like certain Blockbusters) from the other side of the stage after being knocked down
    • AI opponents with Multi-Tap moves (like Peacock’s SM BANG BANG BANG) will now be more likely to use the full Multi-Tap attack
  • Increased Recovery for Missed Throws
    • All characters now have an extended recovery window after missed Throws, making it easier to punish with a Tap or Dash Attack
  • Increased Recovery for Charge Attacks
    • All characters now have an extended recovery window after a Charge attack, making it easier to punish with a Tap or Dash Attack
  • Fixed Non Progression tied to Queued Blockbusters
    • Made fixes for potential non-progression issues that could be caused by queuing Blockbusters (particularly Beowulf, Valentine, and Eliza)
  • Updated Modifier Timer Logic
    • Made updates to Modifier Timer logic to ensure that the duration of effects would persist consistently regardless of device performance
  • Misc Bug Fixes
    • Fixed issue where modifier timers would pause during SuperFlash at the start of a Blockbuster, but their effects (Bleed, Regen, etc) would persist
    • Fixed bug that made Armor Break remove Invincible
OTHER FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
  • Energy Bug Fixes
    • Fixed bug where purchasing an energy cooldown would locally set your energy cooldown to zero, making it seem like you never run out of energy (and leading to other Energy presentation bugs)
    • Fixed bug where energy cooldowns might be set incorrectly for characters when starting the game up if the characters have energy cooldown nodes purchased.
  • Decreased Difficulty of Early BASIC Story Mode Fights
    • Fishbone To Pick and Who’s the Boss BASIC fights reduced slightly in difficulty
  • Premiere Relic Preview Fix
    • Fixed issue where Bloodbath (only obtainable via Eliza's Character Relic) was being shown instead of Diva Intervention
  • Localization Fixes
    • Russian
      • Increased scale of TRAINING on Title screen
      • Fixed translation for UNLOCK on Skill Tree screen
    • Spanish
      • Fixed some inconsistent translations of “New Meridian”
As always, please share your feedback about what changes you like, and what you’d like for us to add next. We’re listening!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sad that one of the things I wanted isn't listed yet. That being the move preview and move selling when obtained. The limit increase on move selling is great. Also the change on Val's L5 is good for her as well.

I am super excited for the Newly Minted Relics, just hope I get the character I want :3

Also, how does Brain Freeze Cerebella work? She seems to be the strongest out of the new gold characters. Does her signature ability mean she will gain 3% of current health in attack damage, so therefore she will gain 3% x 100% of current health at start of fight, meaning she has 300% attack damage at the start of the fight?

She is basically 300% stronger than any gold character it seems :3 :3 :3 Looking forward to trying to get her.

The valentine change is also a good one. Glad she is now "usable" as her combo making was extremely awkward previously :3

Also, how does Brain Freeze Cerebella work? She seems to be the strongest out of the new gold characters. Does her signature ability mean she will gain 3% of current health in attack damage, so therefore she will gain 3% x 100% of current health at start of fight, meaning she has 300% attack damage at the start of the fight?

She is basically 300% stronger than any gold character it seems :3 :3 :3 Looking forward to trying to get her.
3%*100% is not 300%. 3%=0.03, 100%=1. 1*0.03=0.03.
If your health is, say, 10000, then at the beginning of the fight her attacks will be increased by 10000*0.03, or 300.

3%*100% is not 300%. 3%=0.03, 100%=1. 1*0.03=0.03.
If your health is, say, 10000, then at the beginning of the fight her attacks will be increased by 10000*0.03, or 300.
I knew my maths was wrong somewhere! :3
My Harlequin has around 30k health so it seems to be an increase in attack damage of 900. That makes so much more sense ty! Doesn't seem as broken as I thought it would be!

Kind of hoping for the Ultraviolet Peacock, the Dragon Brawler Beowulf or the Brain freeze cerebella ^_^. The GI Jazzy big band also looks very unique so hoping to get him too!

This is the first update I've been excited for :3 (even though it doesn't have a new character)

Looking forward to yet another amazing update. Still hoping the next one will add Ms. Fortune as a playable character.

I can already tell Surgeon General, Brain Freeze, and Windswept are gonna be the most fun out of the rest because of their signature abilities.

Surgeon General - permanent Enrage every 30 seconds as well as team wide heal + immune is gonna make her a solid support and an amazing damage dealer the longer the fight goes. No doubt she’ll be one of the best, if not the best Valentine up to date.

Brain Freeze - bonus damage from building a lot of HP% as well as a solid defensive ability against attacks that hit higher than 35 combo. We’ll definitely be seeing her a lot in PF. She’ll likely be competing with Harlequin for being the best Cerebella.

Windswept - the first Filia to make use of her evade character ability. Looks like her SA encourages a more fun, high risk and high reward playstyle for Filia. She’ll definitely give projectile heavy characters a run for their money. Definitely going to be the 2nd best Filia next to Parasite Weave.

Firefly, G.I. Jazz, and Ultraviolent might not be as fun as the ones mentioned above, but at least their SA looks reliable and useful enough.

Firefly - the first Painwheel to have a self heal. And looks like a strong self heal when she’s at critical health. She’ll likely be the 3rd or 4th best Painwheel.

G.I. Jazz - his tanky nature will definitely allow him to survive multiple BB3s in a fight, even though it looks a bit boring, but at least it’s reliable.

Ultraviolent - she’ll turn out to be a reliable counter against defensive fighters like Armed Forces and Untouchable. But even against everyone else her projectile attacks have a decent chance of ignoring defence. She’s going to challenge Untouchable for the #1 spot.

Kinda worried about Red Velvet, Regally Blonde, and Dragon Brawler. Their SA just doesn’t look fun or reliable enough in most cases.

Red Velvet - Hex seems to be a really cool new debuff. But ultimately it’s rarely useful since only a few fighters have annoying enough SAs that would make fighting them easier when you turn off their SA. Her second part that needs the opponent to tag out is gonna be completely useless most of the time. I predict she’ll be the worst Eliza next to Decrypted.

Regally Blonde - her SA looks like No Egrets, Ivy League, and RNG got together and had a baby. Doesn’t seem reliable enough when a lot of it is left to RNG. Likely she’ll be the 3rd or 4th best Parasoul.

Dragon Baller - not a fan of a crit-based Beowulf since his entire kit revolves around, and encourages the use of throws, which can never crit. Also his SA2 is just an inferior version of Robocopy’s SA2. Maybe he’ll be the 3rd or 4th best Beowulf.

These are my preliminary thoughts about the 9 new gold fighters. I’ll update the tier lists according to how they’ll impact the current meta when they hit the streets.

Red Velvet - Hex seems to be a really cool new debuff. But ultimately it’s rarely useful since only a few fighters have annoying enough SAs that would make fighting them easier when you turn off their SA. Her second part that needs the opponent to tag out is gonna be completely useless most of the time. I predict she’ll be the worst Eliza next to Decrypted.

Ignore opponent ability is powerfull. It is similar to silence in card games. Even if it is week rigth now, the longer game will be developed, the stronger it will became.

Reactions: TRIX
Dragon Baller - not a fan of a crit-based Beowulf since his entire kit revolves around, and encourages the use of throws, which can never crit. Also his SA2 is just an inferior version of Robocopy’s SA2. Maybe he’ll be the 3rd or 4th best Beowulf.

Personally being a critic fiend myself (Thank you, KH:358...) I feel like the ability is meant to keep him focused on using the rest of his basic combos and blockbusters to outright destroy the opponent and then kill with a blockbuster for added bonus. The damage typing also gives me the idea that most likely DB is meant to be a frontliner so you have more of a chance of surviving through pure onslaught with that 35% crit rate.

However, his SA doesn't improve his throws beyond the basic hype mode of unblock able throws, which, as you said, doesn't crit. Wulfsbane gives cripple and heal block as well as 50% more damage to those debuffs (just in general)

Hype man lets you build up meter for teammates when keeping hype mode maxed, while also draining the opponents BB meter IN hype mode.

Cold stones gives stun on those throws and causes bonus damage to those stunned opponents.

DB seems to just make it more...

"What'd you gonna do with that huge bonus to your crit stat? You gonna hit me? Better make it count, better hit me hard, better kill me in one shot." - Untouchable Peacock, Armed Forces, a crud ton of Big Bands

And that's Beowulf's answer to it. Pure damage at the cost of relying on his basic combo and crit rate / damage output and if you can't handle the hype, you'd better have someone who could pick out what he can't!

Still, I'm really excited to participate in this new event...! I may not get to the top, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere right?

Last edited:
New Golds look, for the most part, hella fun.

When they release i really hope i get that Ultraviolent Peacock (The skin looks great and her SA seems good too), the Valentine one (because i'm not a big fan of silent kill and can't get a last hope) or Firefly Painwheel (she just seems plain fun, though i still love my blood drive more i think)

Aside from that lots of neat fixes and Quality of Life improvements.

Though like Moist said, hopefully we'll get Ms. Fortune sooner rather than later!

Good going Devs!

Looking forward to yet another amazing update. Still hoping the next one will add Ms. Fortune as a playable character.

I can already tell Surgeon General, Brain Freeze, and Windswept are gonna be the most fun out of the rest because of their signature abilities.

Surgeon General - permanent Enrage every 30 seconds as well as team wide heal + immune is gonna make her a solid support and an amazing damage dealer the longer the fight goes. No doubt she’ll be one of the best, if not the best Valentine up to date.

Brain Freeze - bonus damage from building a lot of HP% as well as a solid defensive ability against attacks that hit higher than 35 combo. We’ll definitely be seeing her a lot in PF. She’ll likely be competing with Harlequin for being the best Cerebella.

Windswept - the first Filia to make use of her evade character ability. Looks like her SA encourages a more fun, high risk and high reward playstyle for Filia. She’ll definitely give projectile heavy characters a run for their money. Definitely going to be the 2nd best Filia next to Parasite Weave.

Firefly, G.I. Jazz, and Ultraviolent might not be as fun as the ones mentioned above, but at least their SA looks reliable and useful enough.

Firefly - the first Painwheel to have a self heal. And looks like a strong self heal when she’s at critical health. She’ll likely be the 3rd or 4th best Painwheel.

G.I. Jazz - his tanky nature will definitely allow him to survive multiple BB3s in a fight, even though it looks a bit boring, but at least it’s reliable.

Ultraviolent - she’ll turn out to be a reliable counter against defensive fighters like Armed Forces and Untouchable. But even against everyone else her projectile attacks have a decent chance of ignoring defence. She’s going to challenge Untouchable for the #1 spot.

Kinda worried about Red Velvet, Regally Blonde, and Dragon Brawler. Their SA just doesn’t look fun or reliable enough in most cases.

Regally Blonde - her SA looks like No Egrets, Ivy League, and RNG got together and had a baby. Doesn’t seem reliable enough when a lot of it is left to RNG. Likely she’ll be the 3rd or 4th best Parasoul.

These are my preliminary thoughts about the 9 new gold fighters. I’ll update the tier lists according to how they’ll impact the current meta when they hit the streets.

I agree with most of this. Red Velvet to me seems like she was just invented to hard counter annoying **** like Armed Forces, RE, Brain Freeze and stuff that revives. While this is good in theory I fear that making characters specifically to counter stuff that most think is OP or strong is how you fall into power creep. I only say this because it has happened to a few games I've played in the past. I feel like there is a more creative way to provide counters to these types of characters rather than shutting down their SA completely. Similar to Peashooter granting armor break, Silent Kill purging benefits etc.

Regally looks alright but like you said, unreliable. I like the idea of shutting stuff off but I can't help the feeling that she's just a stat-buffed No Egrets. She, like Red Velvet, seems to be made to counter stuff like Supercharged modifier, when to me that seems too niche and I would rather see Supercharged fixed than have to run her every time I want to avoid that. Unless she has really good stats or something I feel like she is very situational as more reliable golds will kill their opponent before BBs become an issue in the first place, making her only great use for Painwheel PFs. Love the Pallet though, which only makes me more saddened that her ability is so niche. I would love to use her all the time because of how great she looks.

Dragon Baller seems like his SA should go to another character. It's good in theory but not for a throw based fighter. Half his BBs and his best SM don't benefit from his SA and the hype mode activation aspect of it seems like a nerf considering ALL the benefits of Hype mode are tied to throws; which don't crit. Honestly I feel like his SA and the new Painwheel's SA should be swapped and they would be more appropriate for each character. As is, it appears that he will be by far the most inferior of all the new fighters. Also if Robocopy (a silver) has 50% meter gain for just killing I don't think a Gold should be given the added restriction of having to use a BB to get the same benefit.

Other than those three though, the only problem I have is with new Bella. If Epic sax was OP when his restriction on combo damage increase was 100% how can Bella not be OP when she doesn't even have a restriction? I think if you give her the same restriction that Epic has now (max the decreased damage at 50%) it would make her a LOT more balanced while still keeping her as a very strong fighter.

Reactions: moisterrific
Personally being a critic fiend myself (Thank you, KH:358...) I feel like the ability is meant to keep him focused on using the rest of his basic combos and blockbusters to outright destroy the opponent and then kill with a blockbuster for added bonus. The damage typing also gives me the idea that most likely DB is meant to be a frontliner so you have more of a chance of surviving through pure onslaught with that 35% crit rate.

However, his SA doesn't improve his throws beyond the basic hype mode of unblock able throws, which, as you said, doesn't crit. Wulfsbane gives cripple and heal block as well as 50% more damage to those debuffs (just in general)

Hype man lets you build up meter for teammates when keeping hype mode maxed, while also draining the opponents BB meter IN hype mode.

Cold stones gives stun on those throws and causes bonus damage to those stunned opponents.

DB seems to just make it more...

"What'd you donna do with that huge bonus to your crit stat? You gonna hit me? Better make it count, better hit me hard, better kill me in one shot." - Untouchable Peacock, Armed Forces, a crud ton of Big Bands

And that's Beowulf's answer to it. Pure damage at the cost of relying on his basic combo and crit rate / damage output and if you can't handle the hype, you'd better have someone who could pick out what he can't!

Still, I'm really excited to participate in this new event...! I may not get to the top, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere right?
Hype mode is centered around throws, yet it activates an SA which gives 0 benefits to throws. That doesn't really make sense to me. That's like giving Skhemet an extra bonus for blocking...

Reactions: Wulfden
Should add that other than the 3 I mentioned, the other ones look DOPE. Good work Devs, I can't wait to get my hands on one or multiple of these guys.

VAL FINALLY GOT SOME JUSTICE!!! :D

Reactions: Tujae and TRIX
I agree with most of this. Red Velvet to me seems like she was just invented to hard counter annoying **** like Armed Forces, RE, Brain Freeze and stuff that revives. While this is good in theory I fear that making characters specifically to counter stuff that most think is OP or strong is how you fall into power creep. I only say this because it has happened to a few games I've played in the past. I feel like there is a more creative way to provide counters to these types of characters rather than shutting down their SA completely. Similar to Peashooter granting armor break, Silent Kill purging benefits etc.

Regally looks alright but like you said, unreliable. I like the idea of shutting stuff off but I can't help the feeling that she's just a stat-buffed No Egrets. She, like Red Velvet, seems to be made to counter stuff like Supercharged modifier, when to me that seems too niche and I would rather see Supercharged fixed than have to run her every time I want to avoid that. Unless she has really good stats or something I feel like she is very situational as more reliable golds will kill their opponent before BBs become an issue in the first place, making her only great use for Painwheel PFs. Love the Pallet though, which only makes me more saddened that her ability is so niche. I would love to use her all the time because of how great she looks.

Dragon Baller seems like his SA should go to another character. It's good in theory but not for a throw based fighter. Half his BBs and his best SM don't benefit from his SA and the hype mode activation aspect of it seems like a nerf considering ALL the benefits of Hype mode are tied to throws; which don't crit. Honestly I feel like his SA and the new Painwheel's SA should be swapped and they would be more appropriate for each character. As is, it appears that he will be by far the most inferior of all the new fighters. Also if Robocopy (a silver) has 50% meter gain for just killing I don't think a Gold should be given the added restriction of having to use a BB to get the same benefit.

Other than those three though, the only problem I have is with new Bella. If Epic sax was OP when his restriction on combo damage increase was 100% how can Bella not be OP when she doesn't even have a restriction? I think if you give her the same restriction that Epic has now (max the decreased damage at 50%) it would make her a LOT more balanced while still keeping her as a very strong fighter.

You make a really valid point on the dragon baller beowulf, I didn't even think of that :3

Ok, right now I am happy to get anyone except the beowulf, unless, I thought throws could crit tho? :3

Also not sure how I feel about firefly painwheel. She usually dies in one combo anyway so I don't think I will be blocking when below 50% health :3 Maybe if I can stack defense or something and HP, might be usable.

You make a really valid point on the dragon baller beowulf, I didn't even think of that :3

Ok, right now I am happy to get anyone except the beowulf, unless, I thought throws could crit tho? :3

Also not sure how I feel about firefly painwheel. She usually dies in one combo anyway so I don't think I will be blocking when below 50% health :3 Maybe if I can stack defense or something and HP, might be usable.
Throws, as of now, do not crit.

Exaclty my point as to why I think simply swapping their SAs would be a great fix. Beo has the health to withstand a combo that would take him below 50% without killing him and Painwheel would benefit more from the Crit boost.

Reactions: Wulfden
Dam can't wait to play as some of these guys for sure

Also I think the Cerebella is more balanced then Epic Sax cause it's possible to shorten combos into the massive hits? While an Epic Sax is just gonna do full combos against you 100% of the time

Reactions: moisterrific
Throws, as of now, do not crit.

Exaclty my point as to why I think simply swapping their SAs would be a great fix. Beo has the health to withstand a combo that would take him below 50% without killing him and Painwheel would benefit more from the Crit boost.
I'd definitely agree with this! Considering you're merely just playing without his throws makes him more or less restricted in terms of usage.

Carol would definitely be fine with the crit work since she barely could handle a lot what with having the smallest amount of HP.

Letting DB heal while blocking at 50% or lower AND getting BB meter boost sounds more or less better in recognition to what @Evangelionlovr had said before (Thank you for putting it in the best way possible!)