• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 1.5.0 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Oof that sucks man. If it makes you feel any better I did 24 beo pulls with no golds.
I did a total of 46 character relic pulls (12 from Big Band Origins, 12 from Carol Origins, 10+1 carol, 10+1 Bella) and got ONE gold.

The drop rates of this game being so low are going to likely make myself and a lot of other people quit the game because it gets VERY boring playing the same characters over and over again.

Reactions: Shadowmaster757
Are the new golds in the regular relic box and the character specific ones or just one or the other? I don't want to dump it all on the wrong thing and it doesn't show the cards on the right side.
I did the premiere relic pull (10+1) 3 times and 3 more times (1 pull each) and got zero golds... so I cannot confirm but I believe premiere relics can give the new gold skins? :3 :3

I did a total of 46 character relic pulls (12 from Big Band Origins, 12 from Carol Origins, 10+1 carol, 10+1 Bella) and got ONE gold.

The drop rates of this game being so low are going to likely make myself and a lot of other people quit the game because it gets VERY boring playing the same characters over and over again.
They are very generous with the theonites but I have to agree , the gold pull rate is on the very low side and should be increased a little. :3 :3 At least I know I can probably get the new relic when it comes out that guarantees a gold :3 I think that's my only chance for a gold from now on.

I just fought against gi jazz bigband in gold prize fight(against AI tem) unless you can kill it in ten seconds, its SA is basicly a revive with 100% health.

I just fought against gi jazz bigband in gold prize fight(against AI tem) unless you can kill it in ten seconds, its SA is basicly a revive with 100% health.
That's not true. It's SA gives it 5 stacks regen for 10s. That will only heal him to a max of 50% health.

It's essentially a more unreliable version of Big top and Last Hope's SA.

Maybe it's not best to quit playing per se but maybe taking a break to prevent burning out from such a thing happening frequently. I've been playing since the game first came out (or about a week after) and I took a break for a few weeks before booting up the game again and cleaning up some of the stuff I hadn't done yet. On a somewhat unrelated note if you buy a lot of energy upgrades for your characters it's easy to burn out on the game from how frequently you play.

TL;DR Yes the gold drop rates suck, a lot, but it might be best to just put the game down for a few days to shake off the humdrum of all those "FREAKING BRONZE AND NOTHING BUT FILLIA" pulls we all get.

Maybe it's not best to quit playing per se but maybe taking a break to prevent burning out from such a thing happening frequently. I've been playing since the game first came out (or about a week after) and I took a break for a few weeks before booting up the game again and cleaning up some of the stuff I hadn't done yet. On a somewhat unrelated note if you buy a lot of energy upgrades for your characters it's easy to burn out on the game from how frequently you play.

TL;DR Yes the gold drop rates suck, a lot, but it might be best to just put the game down for a few days to shake off the humdrum of all those "FREAKING BRONZE AND NOTHING BUT FILLIA" pulls we all get.
Taking a break and coming back won't make the same old characters that I always use (and only have a reasonable chance at getting) all of a sudden fun again. New characters is how you keep me engaged. When you make the new characters almost impossible to get then I will get bored and just quit.

Taking a break and coming back won't make the same old characters that I always use (and only have a reasonable chance at getting) all of a sudden fun again. New characters is how you keep me engaged. When you make the new characters almost impossible to get then I will get bored and just quit.

Again, I know somewhat how that feels. I've been using the same 4-5 characters for a few months now and it does get repetitive and boring when everything else is either impossible to obtain or just plain too weak to do anything viable. In the end it's all up to you on what you want to do.

i am in the same boat. But now I will most likely just do theonite quest and the medici event and try to just get enough in prize fights for rewards rather than farm the game. :3 It's going to be AT LEASET Aother month wait for next character and that's a LONG time with zero theonite :3

Well I did the 1500 Cerebella. 9 bronze, 1 silver and one...Armed Forces hells to the yeah! Sure it's not the "new" character but I've been trying for her for...however long this game has been out lol.

In any case it also doesn't answer if the character specifics have the new skins or not.

Reactions: Evangelionlovr
Well I did the 1500 Cerebella. 9 bronze, 1 silver and one...Armed Forces hells to the yeah! Sure it's not the "new" character but I've been trying for her for...however long this game has been out lol.

In any case it also doesn't answer if the character specifics have the new skins or not.
New characters can come in ALL relics that have access to golds. So premier, Character exclusive, Shard to get, and the new daily login relic for 24 days.

Congrats! :3 AF will be really nice to pair with the new surgeon gen valentine if u can get her! So lucky! :3

Reactions: Tujae
Are the new golds in the regular relic box and the character specific ones or just one or the other? I don't want to dump it all on the wrong thing and it doesn't show the cards on the right side.
From what I've read in Molly's email message, yeah, they're all in the standard relics supposedly! Though putting them in the banner would have been nice to not have the same confusion as Eliza not being in the standard relics and people running out of theonite trying to get her (That was something no one wants again lol)
Again, I know somewhat how that feels. I've been using the same 4-5 characters for a few months now and it does get repetitive and boring when everything else is either impossible to obtain or just plain too weak to do anything viable. In the end it's all up to you on what you want to do.
I'm gonna agree with ya here. TBH, I'll sing my praises about the Staff and the Team behind the game, and I always have patience with a hint of salt here and there because I know if it were me on their side I'd be working my butt off as it is because other than school and art, SG is my passion and the last thing anyone needs is to simply be put off from a game they love because of a myriad of problems.

The other thing is tho, people have to have patience too in a sense. Yeah, there's no new characters atm, but we have new golds, and we basically had to reupdate after that last debacle during the Beowulf prize fights preventing Android players from playing. Honestly, the staff is kinda small, they're working as fast as possible, and we have a new update to smoothen the experience and new skins to play around with while trying to get at the top of our games.

Give 'em some love peeps! But also like, I feel people don't understand the fact that it takes time to set up everything too, not just slapping the frames of a sprite, calling it a new character, and then whoop-de-doo sending them off and have a nice day. It really takes time for balancing options, updating abilities, implementations, then getting the approval from Line and so on and so forth and all in all, you can't expect so much progress in the span of 1 update Imo.

But, of course, this is just me and I apologize for making a long essay on it, I feel people are getting a bit too burnt out that they feel the need to have the entire console SG in the mobile app when it takes time for the team to get us literally everything they envisioned of the game, when there are also problems we needed to fix like the energy re spawns and the crashes. Give the team some time (And hopefully they may open up positions for those who really do want to help perhaps) and I'm sure in due time we'll have even more content to enjoy, not just the origins story and so on.

Till then, do what the other players do, grind up your cash (Cause you're gonna need 'em, brother!) your sigils, and your moves for the new skins, and heck, help out a newbie, do some art, read a book, show your support for SG mobile through reviews, and so on! It's all just a matter of time.

From what I've read in Molly's email message, yeah, they're all in the standard relics supposedly! Though putting them in the banner would have been nice to not have the same confusion as Eliza not being in the standard relics and people running out of theonite trying to get her (That was something no one wants again lol)

I'm gonna agree with ya here. TBH, I'll sing my praises about the Staff and the Team behind the game, and I always have patience with a hint of salt here and there because I know if it were me on their side I'd be working my butt off as it is because other than school and art, SG is my passion and the last thing anyone needs is to simply be put off from a game they love because of a myriad of problems.

The other thing is tho, people have to have patience too in a sense. Yeah, there's no new characters atm, but we have new golds, and we basically had to reupdate after that last debacle during the Beowulf prize fights preventing Android players from playing. Honestly, the staff is kinda small, they're working as fast as possible, and we have a new update to smoothen the experience and new skins to play around with while trying to get at the top of our games.

Give 'em some love peeps! But also like, I feel people don't understand the fact that it takes time to set up everything too, not just slapping the frames of a sprite, calling it a new character, and then whoop-de-doo sending them off and have a nice day. It really takes time for balancing options, updating abilities, implementations, then getting the approval from Line and so on and so forth and all in all, you can't expect so much progress in the span of 1 update Imo.

But, of course, this is just me and I apologize for making a long essay on it, I feel people are getting a bit too burnt out that they feel the need to have the entire console SG in the mobile app when it takes time for the team to get us literally everything they envisioned of the game, when there are also problems we needed to fix like the energy re spawns and the crashes. Give the team some time (And hopefully they may open up positions for those who really do want to help perhaps) and I'm sure in due time we'll have even more content to enjoy, not just the origins story and so on.

Till then, do what the other players do, grind up your cash (Cause you're gonna need 'em, brother!) your sigils, and your moves for the new skins, and heck, help out a newbie, do some art, read a book, show your support for SG mobile through reviews, and so on! It's all just a matter of time.
I'm not complaining about new characters like double squiggly etc. I am saying they released new golds, but with the drop rates as they are now those new golds are insanely hard to get. I used 50 character relic or silver+ pulls and I got ONE gold. and I know people who got worse than me. We waited all this time for new characters and then most of the community won't even pull any. It kinda stinks. At least make them the new PF rewards or something!

I'm not complaining about new characters like double squiggly etc. I am saying they released new golds, but with the drop rates as they are now those new golds are insanely hard to get. I used 50 character relic or silver+ pulls and I got ONE gold. and I know people who got worse than me. We waited all this time for new characters and then most of the community won't even pull any. It kinda stinks. At least make them the new PF rewards or something!
Oh, no no, I don't mean you at all, dude! I'm mainly coming at the general feeling of how peeps have been asking about the characters mainly and then threatening to drop the game if they don't receive the characters! Rest assured if I wanted to bring up someone's behavior, I'd only do so if need really be! It's just that for now, one can't keep worrying about your fave coming in when, you probably don't even pull for any characters anyway! Like, that in itself takes away from the issues at hand was what I was getting at was all!

That said, the drop rates are fundamentally a change we need because honestly 3 golds should have a slightly better rate than what we have now tbh. The new character skins tho will all be up for that special prize fight event after all, so, it shouldn't be "so" hard to get them so much as it is making it to them in THAT sight. But I mean, tbr, updating the drop rates to reflect the new skins is desperately needed as it stands or of course, you're only gonna stick with the same old, same old (Which really wouldn't be so bad if like, the rate of pulling a bronze wasn't as high!)

Reactions: Shadowmaster757
Oh, no no, I don't mean you at all, dude! I'm mainly coming at the general feeling of how peeps have been asking about the characters mainly and then threatening to drop the game if they don't receive the characters! Rest assured if I wanted to bring up someone's behavior, I'd only do so if need really be! It's just that for now, one can't keep worrying about your fave coming in when, you probably don't even pull for any characters anyway! Like, that in itself takes away from the issues at hand was what I was getting at was all!

That said, the drop rates are fundamentally a change we need because honestly 3 golds should have a slightly better rate than what we have now tbh. The new character skins tho will all be up for that special prize fight event after all, so, it shouldn't be "so" hard to get them so much as it is making it to them in THAT sight. But I mean, tbr, updating the drop rates to reflect the new skins is desperately needed as it stands or of course, you're only gonna stick with the same old, same old (Which really wouldn't be so bad if like, the rate of pulling a bronze wasn't as high!)

I agree that the drop rates are something that needs to be changed sometime (hopefully in the near future). New characters or not it just disheartens so mnt players who grind up for weeks at a time to try for a specific relic type to get nothing but the same old bronze and silvers without feeling like there's a point in trying to get golds. It's been a problem for a long while and with the player base growing getting gold fighters from the Prize fights has become harder (as noted earlier in the thread) unless you already have a hoard of Gold/Silver to reach the top tier with the competing player base. As such new players coming into the game are going to have a lot of difficulty getting into the game when they're stuck with the same characters and few skill points making them seem like they're in a rut.

Me and my friend were talking a few das ago about a possible fix for something like that with how high the bronze drop rate is. Being that once you get a certain amount of a character you can trade it in for a higher rank. Example being you have 10-20 bronze Frayed end Fillias you can trade them in for a Silver Fillia. You have 10-15 Silver Bad Ms. Frosty characters you can trade them all in for the non-exclusive Fire Fillia. Have 5-10 fire Fillia you can trade them in for the exclusive. I don't know if that could be implemented or how I could go about suggesting that to a Dev but I think it's a plan worth putting up to fan suggestion via poll or such.

Reactions: Tujae
I do find it sad that the drop rates for character specific can be lower than the general relics... they cost half again as much, so I'd hope for at least a slight increase in drop rate in both silvers and golds.

still, I do love that my army of bronzes can be upgraded or sacrificed for xp. it would be nice if they could be sacrificed for character points, as well (maybe adding a character point per sacrifice to whoever is powering up?)
I have more valentines than I can shake a stick at, but only a couple beowulf, for example. getting points through the bronzes would be nice, because powering up seems a bit too weak currently.

I agree that the drop rates are something that needs to be changed sometime (hopefully in the near future). New characters or not it just disheartens so mnt players who grind up for weeks at a time to try for a specific relic type to get nothing but the same old bronze and silvers without feeling like there's a point in trying to get golds. It's been a problem for a long while and with the player base growing getting gold fighters from the Prize fights has become harder (as noted earlier in the thread) unless you already have a hoard of Gold/Silver to reach the top tier with the competing player base. As such new players coming into the game are going to have a lot of difficulty getting into the game when they're stuck with the same characters and few skill points making them seem like they're in a rut.

Me and my friend were talking a few das ago about a possible fix for something like that with how high the bronze drop rate is. Being that once you get a certain amount of a character you can trade it in for a higher rank. Example being you have 10-20 bronze Frayed end Fillias you can trade them in for a Silver Fillia. You have 10-15 Silver Bad Ms. Frosty characters you can trade them all in for the non-exclusive Fire Fillia. Have 5-10 fire Fillia you can trade them in for the exclusive. I don't know if that could be implemented or how I could go about suggesting that to a Dev but I think it's a plan worth putting up to fan suggestion via poll or such.
TBH that takes about as long to get the exclusives as the drop rates do now.

I think they should just rotate the prize fights and offer exclusives and the new variants every once in a while.

I think they should just rotate the prize fights and offer exclusives and the new variants every once in a while.
I personally like having something exclusive for JUST when you are looking for one specific character... but the drop rates should be a bit higher to reflect the added cost and rarity

Just completed every run of Painwheel's Origin story, basic, advanced and expert. My results? *drumroll* Bronze. Every single relic was a bronze. Same thing happened on Orgin story for Peacock. On Expert Mode for Peacock they were all the /same/ bronze (Rerun) they really need to do something about the drop rates

Just completed every run of Painwheel's Origin story, basic, advanced and expert. My results? *drumroll* Bronze. Every single relic was a bronze. Same thing happened on Orgin story for Peacock. On Expert Mode for Peacock they were all the /same/ bronze (Rerun) they really need to do something about the drop rates
I've got exactly 12 bronze painwheels as well... got no exclusive nor any gold whatsoever from the other relics I've got from big bs and peacock origins as well.