• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Something dark is coming...

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
Some of y'all might know SGM has a twitter page. They post daily updates, with stuff like video clips of new characters, teasers for new Origins chapters, etc.
Today they've started something new...

https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/916438096631291914

Can you feel that? Something dar̶k is on the h͞o̢riz̕on...

DLfXlybVYAA2snr.jpg

What could it mean?!

Reactions: Ryouhi
sounds very... Double-y.
Would also fit the Halloween theme :eek:

Or Halloween Palettes perhaps

Reactions: LemonTea27
sounds very... Double-y.
Would also fit the Halloween theme :eek:

Or Halloween Palettes perhaps

I wonder if there's a new Halloween event with a 1 off special character? :O Why do you think it's related to Double?

I wonder if there's a new Halloween event with a 1 off special character? :O Why do you think it's related to Double?
In the console version, Double speaks with a very weird, garbled voice. The way the text starts to distort has shades of Double to it.

If it is a new character I'll be totally surprised and impressed! I wasn't expecting anyone for another month or two at least, but Halloween is very fitting for Double!

If not a character, I wonder what other Halloweeny treats it could bring?

Very creepy and interesting re: Double! I've only played the mobile version and seen youtube clips here and there on the console one. Definitely interesting to look forward to something "dark on the horizon"!

Maybe it’s a dark mode where it only loads dark stages if it detects your screen brightness is low. Makes it easier on your eyes when playing at night and/or in a dark place.

Last edited:
If it was to bring double as a playable character I honestly wonder how they would incorporate it? Given how double is pretty much able to use the moves and such from almost every player in the roster (my personal favorite blockbuster being where she spawns all the miss fortune heads for a massive combo) but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!

Skullgirls Mobile's Facebook also posted the Brain Drain pic announcing a new fighter! And with the dark themes they talked about on Twitter it's Double for sure! :eek:

https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/917887522348429319

A new Fighter? Bring them on. I've never met an opponent I couldn't defeat.

Except t̫̤̹̫͝h̗̯͈a̩͈̬̗͈t̪ on̪̞̟e͇͚ ̶̠͙̟͎͔̰̠ţ̝̜̩̰͈͓i̸m̩e҉̼̙̦

DLz91gSXcAAI5iH.jpg

For those curious about that "Except t̫̤̹̫͝h̗̯͈a̩͈̬̗͈t̪ on̪̞̟e͇͚ ̶̠͙̟͎͔̰̠ţ̝̜̩̰͈͓i̸m̩e҉̼̙̦" line...

During the Origins stories in SGM, Valentine and the rest of her team of Last Hope ninjas works for Brain Drain in Lab 0. By the time the actual story starts, Val is the lone survivor of that group. Her team was all killed in a failed attack on Marie and Double, and Val has switched sides to work for the Skullgirl.

Last edited:
the problem with Skullgirls and halloween is that most of the characters can be considered eligible for "the halloween character" in most other fighting games a;lskdjf

Here for Double, but man, I kinda hope there's maybe a special Mobile only surprise like a new palette or like, halloween decorum!

It WOULD be cute if the talking characters in Story Mode (I.E Adam, Molly, etc) all have a costume on or something halloween-y but hey, I'm always here for new content lol

...Okay but like also consider that Valentine is talking in general as since this mobile, she hasn't yet to defect to Marie's forces so it could very well be Fukua / Miss fortune / Double / Squiggs. It's a wee bit confusing as this could be Valentine in console SG, but Mobile Val has yet to even do much besides Brain Drain's labor here. (Props to the team for that!)

Wicked makes me think Double / Squiggs (Or Eliza but whoops, she's here!) but if we "do" get a gag halloween origin story for Fukua, well, who knows!

At this point, I'm just really excited to see what comes!!!

I'm on the side the thinks Double is the fighter. Maybe it'll also be her story mode. Mainly because she's the only character who reeks of horrifying evil.

Unless it's Marie story mode which can also tie into Dark Lord Double.:p

Question, whats the story behind this font?

Question, whats the story behind this font?
Double's got a pretty messed up voice in the console version, people tend to show it with weird garbled text. (Skip to 2:05)