• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Val's Sweep Whiffs After Juggle Combo

Dalton_IGuess

Reaction score
After performing a full juggle combo, Valentine's sweep attack now whiffs, when it didn't before.

Not really much else I can say, apart from the fact that it works just fine with Double.

It would appear Val ain't alone in this problem, checking training mode after playing PF,

Filia and Parasoul cannot sweep after a full juggle combo.

Beowulf couldn't "at first" but trying training mode allowed him to act just as normal.

Glad someone else is mentioning this tho!

Reactions: TonyPartridge30
Add Eliza to the list.

Although in her case it's worse. Not only sweep whiffs on everybody, Upper Khat now whiffs on all characters I've tried (before only Painwheel was the exception). And I'm not sure about sekhmets.

Merry-go-rilla now also can't be followed up (1 hit max, before it was the case only against Parasoul or Filia when ending in the corner), but that might be intentional.

Ah. BTW, Filia does not sweep too.

I understand Bella, but what was wrong with Filia, Val and Eliza that made them the target for the nerfbat? Eliza is in a particularly bad spot since her sweep is now officially the most useless move in the whole game.

PS: needs further testing, but I think Painwheel now can't do her armor breaking BB2 after juggle.

I don't understand even if they were to do this to only Merry-go-rilla

I don't understand even if they were to do this to only Merry-go-rilla
Well, MGR is (was) a comboable untechable throw (and being a throw makes it also unblockable). Moreover, it could combo into itself (albeit only once) on most characters. That's rather strong. Especially in a game where throws are the only way to go through a block apart from BB3s.

I guess you're right. It just sucks to see moves like MGR and previously GDO get nerfed so much

Sorry to hear about your combo troubles!
I'll give the breakdown here:

The purpose of this change was to address the issue of being able to hit a character during their "crumple" animation.
(The state that occurs after Big Band / Valentine throw for example)
It was unintended, and characters were supposed to be fully invulnerable during that state.

When we fixed this by making characters invulnerable during that short period in time, it unintentionally changed knockdown vulnerability in other areas.

We will be reverting this change in our next update, re-allowing those combo extensions that you are used to.

As always, slipping undocumented changes into our patches is never our intention.
(We weren't trying to nerf MGR or Upperkhat.)

Sorry for the confusion, and we appreciate your understanding!
And an extra thank you for bringing this to our attention and discussing it here.

Cool :3 I thought something was strange given I am not able to sweep after combo with nearly every character.