• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What do you think are the best and worst characters?

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
Right now there's 70 character variants in the game. It's quite tricky to actually make a tier list of so many varients, but there's clearly some better than others.

What do you think are the best and worst character variants in the game? List as many from each category as you want! If you think you have controversial opinions, feel free to give an explanation for your choice. Give as much or as little infoas you want!

-----------------

Off the top of my head, I reckon Valentine Scrub is one of the worst. She buffs her teammates health regeneration and meter gain while they're on the bench, but in practical terms neither of those things are actually terribly useful. All of her other variants have much more tangible benefits. Her other Bronze Icy Hot is also pretty bad, offering Regen and Meter Gain when anyone tags in.

I've personally always liked Wulfsbane Beowulf. He absolutely tears through people once he gets combat modifiers on them, which he inflicts really easily. Combined with plenty of his attacks inflicting armor break already, or PFs where both players have Bleed or Jynx at all times, he deals massive amounts of damage very quickly.

Last edited:
It would probably be better to just state what's good and what's bad. I've played enough of every Beo to at least start there.

Good:
- Wulfsbane (Very high and reliable damage along with another damage increasing SA)
- Cold Stones (Above average damage with an SA that gives a 15% chance on grabs to essentially guarantee a kill on the enemy)
- Number One (Avg damage with an SA that can give him very high damage if used correctly. Slightly harder than the above two but definitely still as strong.)
- Weekend Warrior (Highly defensive SA that can essentially eliminate a BB3 from an opponent and charge your own.)

Bad:
- Underdog (Low atk and situational SA that needs some work)
- Hype man (ew)

Reactions: Cellsai
Not tricky at all to make a complete tier list when you know everything there is to know about the game, in fact I’ve made a complete tier list for every version up until 1.6 (a new one for 1.6 is coming soon that will include Double and factor in the unintended post-juggle finisher follow up nerf)

http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/moisterrifics-complete-tier-list-1-5-0.921/

Everything boils down to DPS so the fighters who have the highest DPS will always be the best ones (Epic Sax, Wulfsbane, Buzzkill, etc.)

But this doesn’t necessarily mean low DPS fighters have to completely suck, they can differentiate themselves with novel ways to approach the fight. I believe Red Velvet is a good concept of this, albeit poorly executed since her current signature ability is way too weak to compensate for her having one of the lowest max ATK stats. Maybe she’ll be good if her SA1 inflicted Hex and a random debuff for 15s and SA2 inflicted 3 random debuffs for 15s if the enemy tags out with any debuffs. That would enable a higher level of strategic play and encourage players to equip moves like outtakes, which is otherwise never used or immediately sold for coins.

Im guilty of using Icy Hot and evolving her to silver and using her for most of my fights...

Strongest variants to me: Epic Sax Big Band and Wulfsbane Beowulf. Because everything they do – buffs/debuffs, combos, SAs and BBs –is hella strong even before adding modifiers. I mean, you can pretty much build a Wulfsbane full tank without any ATK modifiers and rely only on the base damages and it'll do the trick. Same with Band.

And I think weak variants are usually those who deviate from the fighter's stigma. Firefly Painwheel, Princess Pride Parasoul, Dread Locks Filia. None of them follow the fighters main traits and try to be something else, that probably another fighter already does better.