• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Please, Eliza chance dress

Dennis Aguilar

Reaction score
Hello, thank you very much for taking into consideration my opinions regarding future updates of Skullgirls Android.

I wonder if any of them changed Eliza Oro's dress or suit of light? She appears in an elegant blue or light blue dress, but when you play with her, it is not the same as in the picture on the card.

All the characters come out with their costumes according to their letters or relics, but she does not ... Why? I would like you to put on your dress as it appears on the letter or photo.

Captura de pantalla_20180221-184304~01.png Captura de pantalla_20180221-184205~01.png

Hey Dennis!

All of our art is hand drawn, so in order to implement this dress into the game, it would require us to re-draw every frame of animation that Eliza has with a dress on instead.
It's likely we won't be able to fulfill this request for you :(.

Believe it or not, the dress being blue is actually a bug!
Her dress is supposed to be white, but we haven't had time to fix it yet.
You can see the intended dress here:

aaa.png

Just a little more detail on why it's so hard to add a new costume to a game like Skullgirls:

In a 3D game like Street Fighter, characters have many different costumes. It's easy to do this because all you do is make the 3D model once, and when you apply it to a character all their animations will work with the new 3D model. The computer does all the hard work!

In a 2D game like Skullgirls every character is actually made up of hundreds of unique, hand drawn pictures. If you give a character a new costume you need to redraw every single picture. This can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

There are 2D games like Fire Emblem Heroes that do have many costumes, but the art in those games is much simpler than Skullgirls. They only need to draw 10-20 new pictures for each character.

Reactions: Psyche
I don’t mind either way

Thought it was weird at first that Diva has a blue dress in her card but her actual attire is all white but I got used to it I guess

This is a very low priority problem, there are a lot of other things devs need to focus on

Reactions: Yomady