• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resonant Evil Big Band

Lolleroni

Reaction score
I really like his ability to gain armor! At 5 stacks, he takes virtually no damage. He can negate many BB3 moves and even get a punish afterwards! Now, instead of trying to sacrifice my weakest character to a BB3, I just have him tank it! Even better, the taunt moves that give armor are actually useful now. I think he's worth investing into!

I don't know how he compares stat-wise to natural gold units. I hope he is still good end-game.

His signature abilities are somewhat better than Armed Forces Cerebella because the activation rate is double than her's. I consider Resonant Evil one of the few silver fighters truly worth evolving to gold.

Reactions: Diony
He's probably one of the tankiest, if not, the tankiest character in the game because of his signatures. He can easily solo in prize events, but maybe not so much in other situations where you need lots of damage in order to win before the timer runs out.

Reactions: Cherri_N666
Resonate Evil Big Band + noise cancel has been my favorite combination given the current high level ai.

Yeah, I feel you, mate. Master of Unblocking saved me from an Argus Agony yesterday... and also kept me from killing far too many Big Bands when I was doing Walking The Beat yesterday. That got annoying after a while.
Between Master of Unblocking's Armor-stacking and Can't Stop The Beat letting Big Band armor through projectiles while dashing (though I assume this doesn't apply to Blockbuster projectiles, since I've definitely stopped a dashing Big Band with Argus Agony before: also, can Master of Unblocking trigger from this? I feel like it should, but I dunno), Resonant Evil Big Band can be really annoying to deal with.

I concur with moisterrific, Resonant Evil is very much worth evolving to Gold (though if you get two, maybe keep one at Silver for Silver-Only/No-Gold fights).

Also, I dunno how Resonant Evil stacks up to Private Dick or Epic Sax Big Bands stat-wise after evolving to Gold, and I dunno anything about Private Dick since I don't have one, but I would assume that Epic Sax is better if you're looking for a Big Band that deals a lot of damage (his Signature ability does extra damage with every hit of a combo and also grants a random beneficial Combat Effect every 20 hits, which would be amazing if you have Specials/Blockbusters that hit a lot of times, like Beat Extend/Strike Up The Band/Tuba Tuba/others I'm forgetting about), while Resonant Evil is better if you want a Big Band that can potentially survive anything (with Master of Unblocking, you can get a potential 3/4/5-stack of Armor during a single combo, thus greatly reducing or negating all damage until it wears off, and also has a chance of Stunning enemies when he gets hit while having Armor... although, this requires getting lucky enough to trigger these effects, and that Big Band get hit in the first place).

Stat wise you should always build defence and HP for Resonant Evil because you'll want him to be able to tank many hits. Defence caps at 50% so if you manage to get 2 stacks of armor you'll take 0 damage. It's also a good idea to have a healer on the team like some versions of Valentine to keep him alive longer.

Yes, and these abilities are why he's gay and overpowered. He's a pain in the bum to fight, so meanwhile when you're using *s k I l l* to fight off resonant evil big band, all he has to do is stand there like a brain dead 4 year old and use his ---- little special moves and easily kill you. Imbalances like these are what make me hate this trash game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and these abilities are why he's gay and overpowered. He's a pain in the bum to fight, so meanwhile when you're using *s k I l l* to fight off resonant evil big band, all he has to do is stand there like a brain dead 4 year old and use his gay little special moves and easily kill you. Imbalances like these are what make me hate this trash game.
Please do not use terms like 'gay' as an insult. It is extremely derogatory to people who are actually gay.

I think Resonant Evil is a weird character to level up against stronger fighters: He's got a tame damage output even with the combos and he's not got a decent enough hp or defence yet to make the most of his ability. I'm sure that will change when I get some decent stat moves and put some levels into the guy.

Resonant Evil is too strong on defence and too weak on offence. I think he should have his signature ability tweaked where he'll be less annoying to fight and slightly more reliable to use.

Resonant Evil is too strong on defence and too weak on offence. I think he should have his signature ability tweaked where he'll be less annoying to fight and slightly more reliable to use.
Yeah, as much as he's useful as my main tank, i skip every enemy team that has a RE on the team, it just not worth the effort.

I have one with all nodes unlocked and bought except the energy cooldown section. But the SA-armour and stun triggers extremely rarely, so rarely I’m beginning to suspect he might be broken. Has the SA been nerfed?

It triggers more like 1 in a 100 hits than 1 out of 10.

I have one with all nodes unlocked and bought except the energy cooldown section. But the SA-armour and stun triggers extremely rarely, so rarely I’m beginning to suspect he might be broken. Has the SA been nerfed?

It triggers more like 1 in a 100 hits than 1 out of 10.
Its all up to RNG on if it gives it to you or not.

How do you exactly deal with RE Big Band? Is there anyone who cares not about his Signatures?

How do you exactly deal with RE Big Band? Is there anyone who cares not about his Signatures?
Ultraviolent Peacock absolutely counters RE hard. Doublicous Double can also steal his buffs effectively turning you into a tank.

Reactions: Cartouche‼
Cerebella has her ram special, outtake moves remove non permanent buffs, have a character with a way to self grant immunity to not get stunned, silent kill valentine, etc.

With the new changes to prize fights, I feel like his SA is even more difficult to overcome. A RE Big Band with 300% HP means your odds of hitting him and getting stunned just increased immensely. Show Me Your Moves fights are particularly painful, as they tend to require more hits on the opponent to take away their health bar, meaning his stun effect has more chances to proc, and his armor effect means that time-outs become a real threat. Also, while RE has a fair amount of powerful counters in Gold PFs (Private Dick, Xenomorph, Red Velvet, Ultraviolent, etc.), he doesn’t have such strong counters in Silver fights. In addition, because people pick their defensive teams now, there have been several times where all 3 teams I could choose from had RE on it.

...In case you’re wondering, yes, my 20+ streaks in Show Me Your Moves and other Silver PFs have been dashed several times due to running into 3 teams with RE Big Band, so I may be a bit bitter about this, but I think my point still stands.

Reactions: PHPP