• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Quality of life features

Psyche

Reaction score
These are just two things I’ve thought of that don’t massively affect the game in an adverse way at the moment but would be much appreciated if something could be done to ameliorate them.

Firstly, the Power Up and Evolve interfaces. Now, I know 2.0 already has new, better filters in store and I’m excited for those, but perhaps there could be something even more specific. Power Up I’m not too fussed with because you could use any fighter card you wanted to there, but surely the Evolve collection should automatically filter to 1) cards of the same fighter and 2) cards of the same tier? None of the cards that don’t fit these criteria are usable, so what’s the point in even having them visible?

Secondly, a perhaps more pertinent request as it has a more direct bearing on gameplay. I for one would be immensely grateful if the tap area ‘hitbox’ (for lack of a better term) of SMs and BBs could be expanded so as not to leave a gap between them when lined up at the bottom of the screen, as currently it is possible to accidentally tap inbetween them and execute a normal attack, which can be greatly off-putting or even give the AI a counter-attack opportunity on a silver platter. As far as I’m aware, the tap areas of the abilities are either pixel-perfect to the icon, or have a very tight square box. I think it should be possible for them all to have a standard square area for tapping and slotting side by side, preferably covering the extremities of the screen.

That’s all for now.
TL;DR – Evolve interface is unecessarily silly and my fat thumbs keep making me lose streaks because I tap the gap inbetween abilities instead of using them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback!

Secondly, a perhaps more pertinent request as it has a more direct bearing on gameplay. I for one would be immensely grateful if the tap area ‘hitbox’ (for lack of a better term) of SMs and BBs could be expanded so as not to leave a gap between them when lined up at the bottom of the screen, as currently it is possible to accidentally tap inbetween them and execute a normal attack, which can be greatly off-putting or even give the AI a counter-attack opportunity on a silver platter.

When you tap in between two moves and get a tap input, are you usually aiming for the move left of your "in between" tapping area, or the move to the right of it?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback!

When you tap in between two moves and get a tap input, are you usually aiming for the move left of your "in between" tapping area, or the move to the right of it?

I think it tends to be the one on the left, so it seems that I tap off to the right accidentally sometimes.

I’ve also remembered one other thing that might be nice, and it’s sort of a counterpart to the Evolve screen filters: I think it would be sensible if Prize Fight fighter selection menus had the ‘Available’ filter enabled by default. It only saves two seconds or so but would certainly make the game smoother, in my opinion.

What might also help is to make the "Available" filter when selecting your team on by default. That would just add a little bit of convenience but would also be a welcomed change.

Reactions: Psyche
Something new that I’ve come up with, but it’s fairly minor so I wasn’t sure whether it warranted its own thread:
Detailed energy info – it would be quite nice if some part of the interface could tell you the exact cooldown time left until the next bar of energy is refilled in minutes and seconds. I’m thinking there is enough space on the detailed character screen (where you equip gear and look at specific statistics) to fit one four-digit timer for the next bar of energy, and another one for when all energy is recovered fully.

What might also help is to make the "Available" filter when selecting your team on by default. That would just add a little bit of convenience but would also be a welcomed change.
This was how this worked initially, but in our early user play tests, we had a lot of folks confused and panicked about where their collection went.
There's probably room to tweak things so that your collection is still visible (greyed out) and the available fighters are all pushed to the left.

Thanks for the suggestion! We still have a lot of ideas for collection and filter management we would like to implement.

Something new that I’ve come up with, but it’s fairly minor so I wasn’t sure whether it warranted its own thread:
Detailed energy info – it would be quite nice if some part of the interface could tell you the exact cooldown time left until the next bar of energy is refilled in minutes and seconds. I’m thinking there is enough space on the detailed character screen (where you equip gear and look at specific statistics) to fit one four-digit timer for the next bar of energy, and another one for when all energy is recovered fully.
Tap the Energy Bar on team selection to view the HH:MM:SS Energy timer :)

Tap the Energy Bar on team selection to view the HH:MM:SS Energy timer :)
Wow, now I feel stupid. The positioning is rather awkward though, as I had to very tentatively and deliberately use my index finger to tap it. It only gives the time until the next single charge is filled, though, so some kind of additional info about the time for a full card recharge could still be a concept you guys may want to consider at some point.
Or am I being dumb again and missing it when it’s already there?

Reactions: Gamma Ray
There doesn’t really need to be a floating ‘resist’ combat text if the debuff being resisted is an unstackable one and already being suffered, as being notified about it is literally pointless because the debuff is not re-applied or anything. Unless you plan to make unstackable debuffs refresh themselves when suffered multiple times in succession...

The refreshable time-based relics, Take A Break and Daily, should automatically bump themselves to the top of the relics store when ready to be opened, though I can understand from a marketing/financial perspective if all the free stuff is put at the bottom deliberately.

It'd also be great if the green check mark for fights to filter for allowed characters was selected by default. It just seems a little silly to go into the bronze Prize Fight and always have my character selection default to dozens of characters I can't use. This seems like it might run into the problem mentioned earlier though with regard to the evolution screen, where some percent of the population will freak out because why can't they see all their characters.

Maybe it could be an option in the Settings screen like: "Don't show unusable characters by default", so that people in the know can benefit, but the people unfamiliar with the game won't trip into that confusing situation.

Wow, now I feel stupid. The positioning is rather awkward though, as I had to very tentatively and deliberately use my index finger to tap it. It only gives the time until the next single charge is filled, though, so some kind of additional info about the time for a full card recharge could still be a concept you guys may want to consider at some point.
Or am I being dumb again and missing it when it’s already there?

The energy bar is also not easy to press on smaller devices (iPhone 6 in my case). There are occasions where I will end up in the character screen or just having to press it very close to the edge of my screen to get a timer.

Reactions: Psyche
As I recently witnessed in a Discord channel on the Skullgirls server, it appears that the information provided about nodes in the Character/Signature Ability branch of the skill tree is rather confusing. Admittedly even I sometimes manage to be baffled by what the descriptions present.
Currently, it works like this: tapping on an SA node that you have already unlocked will display information about the full capacity to which you have unlocked it as a whole. For example, if I have unlocked as far as two out of three of the nodes for a first part SA, then tap the first node, I will get information about the second node as that’s as far as I have got.
Then, the nodes that have not been unlocked yet (and this excludes the ground and air combo extension nodes and the unblockable charge attack node which are common to all fighters) will all display the same set of information, that being the new statistics of the SA in the nearest upgrade node, even if the node being tapped is the ultimate one just before the unblockable charge attack. For example, if I have fully unlocked all three levels of an SA1, but only unlocked the first node of the SA2, tapping the second and third SA2 nodes gives me the exact same info because both text boxes would be referring to the second node as it is the nearest one to my current furthest unlocked node, the first. Here the fact that SAs are essentially two separate abilities applies, so the later three nodes don’t mention the first three, et vice versa.
Ideally I think it would be most sensible if each node simply stated what its own exact upgrade is, so that it is possible to look back further than the SA you already have and look forward to an SA upgrade you plan to get after the stepping stone upgrades leading up to it.

I hope the overall point I’m making is obvious enough for my written expression to not be an issue as I know that one or two descriptions I provide are rather vague or poor at visualising what I mean. If there is a lack of clarity anywhere please speak up.