• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Minimize Prize fight loss

Hall☆weenQueen

Reaction score
So I've had discussions with various players who all have been saying the same thing: it seriously bites to lose your streak and go back to square one (especially with what square one is in PF today). With this in mind, what if there was a way to give the player a second chance? My suggestion is carefully designed checkpoints. The idea is that if you lose a 35 count streak, you could be sent back to the last checkpoint (let's say 20 or 15) so that you feel the blow of the loss but you have a little more strength to continue. The catch is if you lose again at ANY streak afterwords, you have to start at square one. This way the PF can be a little more forgiving to players but also not unreasonably lenient.
The only issues I readily see are how this could change PF scores as well as where to set the checkpoints (maybe half of the streak you lost at).

(Disclaimer: I know @Ryouhi had a thread similar to this but could not find it so here's a new one)

Last edited:
Great suggestion with the Checkpoints!

While it alleviates the pain of failure once, it's still gonna hurt after the second time climbing up, so i'm not sure it's ideal either.
I'd love for the Checkpoints to "reactivate" after a certain number of wins, but the problem is that Prize fights as a whole are designed to have you fail and be reset, so it gives people that can't keep 30+ streaks going a chance to stay in the rankings.

So i feel the current system as a whole may need a bit of an overhaul, since it'll always be a matter of Quality of Life vs game balance.
Anything that lets us keep our streaks will undermine the underlying design that we are supposed to lose our streak.

If we're gonna stick to streaks i'd rather see streak multipliers scale quicker to max, so if you fail once you don't have to go through 15 fights just to get your max multiplier again - i feel lowering it to give you trhe 5x multiplier at win 9 or 10 and increasing how quickly fights become more challenging would already make it far less frustraing to lose once.

(Though i'd wonder how it would feel if max streak was already at 5, but the difficulty ramps up much much quicker).

If streaks ever get canned alternatives could be these i'd find interesting:

1) Make reseting part of the experience:
Let's we go for the max streakj multiplier at win 10 again - now imagine if at win 10, you'd automatically be reset to 0.
*However*, you are also rewarded for reaching the 10 win streak with an assortment of bonus PF points, as well as coins and maybe other rare goodies.

There'd still be frustration of the first few fights being pointless if you're strong enough however - but it may alleviate the frustration of being reset at win 20 or so and being thrown back into the "kiddie pool", since at least you're being rewarded for reaching the reset point.

2) Scrap streaks as a whole:
Instead of getting a choice of 3 random players after each fight, you're given a "Bingo" sheet of 9 or 10 enemy teams.
These don't reset if win, instead the more of the fights on this bingo sheet you win, the higher your reward.
Rewards could be given out at 3/6/9 or 10 wins.

So even if you lose a fight, you still get rewarded nonetheless, so even the easier fights feel meaningful to get a free win for your rewards.
These bingo teams could be assorted of 3 low FS teams, 3 medium FS teams, max FS teams and one with a bunch of bonus scaling like they currently do after streak 15.

Just some ideas :p

Your ideas and suggestions are really interesting. I know the defeat on a great streak is hard to accept and I have a technique to start again:
--> Use a max silver or powerful good (a copy, not the original character) and use the auto mode until the streak 6 or 8, but I have to check the characters because the IA sometimes is a little.... ehh.... friendly? (to not say other word)

Your ideas serve to me to build a suggestion and I hope it would be useful or to complement if it would become a reality:

- The unique point that I think to restart when you lose a fight is the streak 16, to not reduce the multiplier (x5), I want to say with this that if you don't reach the 16th streak and lose, you will start in the streak zero (0) again, but if you are on a greater streak than the 16th, you can use a checkpoint for 3 times to restart from the 16th streak or, if you pay, from the streak you were before you lose with the next cost:

1st time: Free (but you start from the 16th streak) or conserve your streak paying 30 crystals or theonite (the same price of refresh the available teams to fight).
2nd time: 25 crystals (another reference) to start from the 16th streak or keep the streak that you had paying 75 crystals.
3rd time: 50 crystals to start from the 16th streak or conserve the streak paying 100 crystals.

You can accept or refuse anytime (if you don't want, you will start in the streak zero (0)) to use this checkpoints but it won't reset until you consume the three opportunities. So, what do you think?

P.S.: I know, I know, my suggestion isn't friendly with the free game spirit and player (I'm in this group), but if the game have to win money too and this would help to get that, well, we will have to search the medium point or the middle (I don't know how to say when you want to conciliate both sides). I wish all the game would be free but at the same time I know it couldn't be possible by simple logic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
Seems that "my" idea has taken a hit

Bump

Your ideas and suggestions are really interesting. I know the defeat on a great streak is hard to accept and I have a technique to start again:
--> Use a max silver or powerful good (a copy, not the original character) and use the auto mode until the streak 6 or 8, but I have to check the characters because the IA sometimes is a little.... ehh.... friendly? (to not say other word)

Your ideas serve to me to build a suggestion and I hope it would be useful or to complement if it would become a reality:

- The unique point that I think to restart when you lose a fight is the streak 16, to not reduce the multiplier (x5), I want to say with this that if you don't reach the 16th streak and lose, you will start in the streak zero (0) again, but if you are on a greater streak than the 16th, you can use a checkpoint for 3 times to restart from the 16th streak or, if you pay, from the streak you were before you lose with the next cost:

1st time: Free (but you start from the 16th streak) or conserve your streak paying 30 crystals or theonite (the same price of refresh the available teams to fight).
2nd time: 25 crystals (another reference) to start from the 16th streak or keep the streak that you had paying 75 crystals.
3rd time: 50 crystals to start from the 16th streak or conserve the streak paying 100 crystals.

You can accept or refuse anytime (if you don't want, you will start in the streak zero (0)) to use this checkpoints but it won't reset until you consume the three opportunities. So, what do you think?

P.S.: I know, I know, my suggestion isn't friendly with the free game spirit and player (I'm in this group), but if the game have to win money too and this would help to get that, well, we will have to search the medium point or the middle (I don't know how to say when you want to conciliate both sides). I wish all the game would be free but at the same time I know it couldn't be possible by simple logic.
Hello, I'm sorry for the late reply! This is a very interesting idea and one I've seen done in other games before but they either have you use the in game currency or watch a video. The only issue I see is how this can be rather complex and can severely affect prize fight scores. I'm a nonIAP player, so this system would not contribute to my enjoyment of the game and can actually become rather annoying after some time. I'm glad you thought of this because on one hand it makes prize fights easier but on the other it takes away the challenge. I think the ultimate solution would be the make the first fights not so grueling to grind through. Thank you for your suggestion!!