• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Peacock AI using nothing but "The Hole Idea"

Ryouhi

Reaction score
This happens mostly when the fighters are quite a bit out of range of each other.
Then the AI Peacock will just use "The Hole Idea" (her Character Ability where she disappears into the ground) again and again and again.

This is very hard to do anything about as a player as the moment you stop blocking, she will use the offensive part of her CA.

So either you are stuck blocking, while the AI wastes time doing this again and again, or you try to bait the AI by unblocking for a just a moment to try and get her to attack.

This however is really risky, as you if you're too slow, the AI will be able to hit and combo you.
If you are TOO QUICK however, the AI will not react and return to their loop of spamming the hole idea.

This is quite frustrating to deal with, as the the AI becomes very unpredictable.

Reactions: Kokonut and Psyche
This happens mostly when the fighters are quite a bit out of range of each other.
Then the AI Peacock will just use "The Hole Idea" (her Character Ability where she disappears into the ground) again and again and again.

This is very hard to do anything about as a player as the moment you stop blocking, she will use the offensive part of her CA.

So either you are stuck blocking, while the AI wastes time doing this again and again, or you try to bait the AI by unblocking for a just a moment to try and get her to attack.

This however is really risky, as you if you're too slow, the AI will be able to hit and combo you.
If you are TOO QUICK however, the AI will not react and return to their loop of spamming the hole idea.

This is quite frustrating to deal with, as the the AI becomes very unpredictable.
This has been an issue ever since release. I was wondering if anyone would ever bring this up. I hope it gets dealt with.

How again and again and again are we talking here? If it's infinite, there may be a bug.

If the AI decides that "Hole Idea" is a good idea at the time, it's possible that the next time it makes a decision it will come to the same conclusion and do it again.

Depending on RNG, the AI could decide to do it until the end of time, but it's sort of like flipping a coin multiple times and landing on heads over and over. Not sure what there is to be done here besides set some arbitrary cool down timer for the AI using her Character Ability, hm...

This has been an issue ever since release. I was wondering if anyone would ever bring this up. I hope it gets dealt with.

I honestly don't remember that happen until a few months ago when i started playing again - I don't think i've seen it happen before my break :eek:

How again and again and again are we talking here? If it's infinite, there may be a bug.

If the AI decides that "Hole Idea" is a good idea at the time, it's possible that the next time it makes a decision it will come to the same conclusion and do it again.

Depending on RNG, the AI could decide to do it until the end of time, but it's sort of like flipping a coin multiple times and landing on heads over and over. Not sure what there is to be done here besides set some arbitrary cool down timer for the AI using her Character Ability, hm...
I regularly see her do it 3+ times until i try to unblock really quickly, but as i describes in the OP that only works sometimes.
If i can't properly bait the AI, i also regularly see it happen 5+ times in a row.

Often the "cycle" is broken by the AI doing a trip attack after a while, but it seems rather random when or if that will happen in such a loop.

Another option may be to make it easier to bait the AI into using the Attack part of the CA?
So if you unblock and reblock really quickly, she will still attack.

Currently the opening to get her to attack with the hole idea, but not actually hit you, is pretty tight from what i've gathered, which makes it much too risky in higher streaks to try, so making that easier would make breaking the loop much more of an option

If you dash back (swipe left) while Peacock is in the ground you should dodge the resulting attack, and then the AI will fight you as normal. I don't know if it varies by character but from what I've seen this is a good way to close the distance safely.

If you dash back (swipe left) while Peacock is in the ground you should dodge the resulting attack, and then the AI will fight you as normal. I don't know if it varies by character but from what I've seen this is a good way to close the distance safely.
huh, i never actually tried that.
Will do so the next time and see how it works.

I actually agree with Liam’s take on this. It’s more of a test of the player’s tact and finesse and therefore tots legit. That said, I’d tried Simon Wu’s approach of backdashing before I saw his response and it hardly worked for me. I still got uppercut by peacock the moment I released block and swipe back. (Am I missing sth here? Should I swipe back while my thumbs( or left thumb) is still pressed against the screen) . So Instead what I did was I dash forward the second peacock emerges from the ground to a safe distance , meaning a distance at which she won’t do the loop, nor will she be able to grab you straight away, thus forcing her to start the ground combo.

Last edited:
I've seen this too but never thought it a bug. To me it was the AI trying to tempt me into making a bad move while simultaneously running out the clock. I've only seen Peacock do this when she's far away and I'm continuously blocking. I usually get out of this by unblocking for a split second while Peacock is in the hole to try and bait an attack. I mostly time it right. Mostly.