• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Predictions on upcoming new gold fighters

moisterrific

Reaction score
Four new gold fighters have been confirmed to be coming our way, I believe this gives me enough information to try and figure out a recurring pattern or two. I can use these patters to try and predict the rest of the new golds that have yet to be revealed.

SG_par_color25.png

Star-Crossed Parasoul
  • based on Annie of the Stars
  • element: air/green
  • palette #25

SG_fil_color9.png

Idol Threat Filia
  • based on Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid
  • element: water/blue
  • palette #9

SG_val_color22.png

Pyro-Technique Valentine
  • based on Taki from Soulcalibur
  • element: fire/red
  • palette #22

SG_big_color12.png

Chip-Tuned Big Band
  • based on Sega Genesis video game console
  • element: dark/purple
  • palette #12

The first pattern is that the majority of these themes are related to Japan in one way or another, with the exception of Star-Crossed. Hatsune Miku was developed by a Japanese media company named Crypton Future Media. Taki is a girl from from Soulcalibur, a series of fighting games developed by Namco (also a Japanese company). Sega Genesis was a gaming console created by Sega, yet another Japanese company. The second pattern is that all of them have an element that was previously unused for gold rarity. The third pattern is that all of them are references that are relatively well known so they would be worthy enough to be gold tier. I believe the remaining golds to be revealed will adhere to these trends so without further ado, here are my predictions:

SG_cer_color4.png

??? Cerebella
  • based on NiGHTS from Nights into Dreams, a video game developed and published by Sega
  • element: dark/purple
  • palette #4

SG_pea_color11.png

??? Peacock
  • based on Milk from Super Milk Chan, a comedy sci-fi anime
  • element: fire/red
  • palette #11

SG_pwl_color14.png

??? Painwheel
  • based on Vega from Street Fighter, a fighting game franchise by Capcom (Japanese company)
  • element: light/yellow
  • palette #14

SG_dbl_color17.png

??? Double
  • based on Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist, an action sci-fi anime
  • palette #17

SG_squ_color25.png

??? Squigly
  • based on Nui Harime from Kill La Kill, one of my fave anime of all time
  • element: light/yellow
  • palette #25

SG_eli_color15.png

??? Eliza
  • based on Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, also one of my fave anime/manga of all time
  • palette #15

SG_beo_color18.png

??? Beowulf
  • based on Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, a video game masterpiece by Hideo Kojima
  • palette #18

On a final note, I did notice that Skullgirls Mobile isn't released yet in Japan. Couldn't find Skullgirls on the Japanese App Store when searching for the English name and the Japanese name. Perhaps this game will finally be released in Japan with the next major update? It would certainly explain why the majority of the confirmed new golds so far are related to Japan.

@moisterrific
Very interesting...
I will admit I am slightly disappointed by the golds we've seen so far (Star-Crossed, Idol Threat, and Pyro-Technique). Out of the three, I personally lean most towards Star-Crossed--but that's just me. This being said, I'm really hopeful for the future and that the upcoming golds will have a solid niche. I also agree with you that this game would likely do well in Japan plus it could really increase the revenue so we can get better stuff more freqently. Overall a thoughtful and informative post. I will definitely be keeping my eye on the new releases as they come.

Aren't a lot of the palattes based on Japanese stuff? I guess the japanese release does support it further.

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
Big Band Chip-Tuned spotted at Combo Breaker:
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1000504892471955456

Looking for patterns (apologies to the color blind):
KEY = Fire Wind Water Light Dark Elementless

PARASOUL
ShelteredHeavy ReignNo EgretsIvy LeaguePrimedPrincess PrideRegally BlondeStar-Crossed

FILIA
Bad Hair DayFrayed EndsHair ApparentBad Ms. FrostyParasite WeaveDread LocksWindsweptIdol Threat

VALENTINE
ScrubIcy HotGraveyard ShiftO MaiSilent KillLast HopeSurgeon GeneralPyro-Technique

BIG BAND
BasslineBeat BoxResonant Evil RobocopyPrivate DickEpic SaxG.I. JazzMegasonic

CEREBELLA
UnderstudyHeadstrongGray MatterBig TopArmed ForcesHarlequinBrain Freeze

PEACOCK
RerunSketchyInklingPea ShooterUntouchableThat's All Folks!Ultraviolent

PAINWHEEL
RustyTwisted MettleRage AppropriateBlood DriveBuzzkillRaw NervFireflyGrim Fan

DOUBLE
NunsenseSundae SchoolTemple TyrantDoubliciousImmoral FiberRainbow BlightXenomorph

SQUIGLY
Stage FrightScared StiffDead HeatNearly DepartedPoltergustBio-ExorcistDead of Winter

ELIZA
In DenileDecrypted Bloody ValentineScarlet Viper Diva InterventionBloodbathRed Velvet

BEOWULF
UnderdogCold StonesNumber OneHype ManWeekend WarriorWulfsbaneDragon Brawler

Hmmm... Still thinking about it, but I can see my initial premise of "If there are already two representatives of an element, there won't be a third!" is out the window. Star-Crossed Parasoul is a third Wind.

I need to learn more about Star-Crossed, Idol Threat, and Pyro-Technique's powers to figure out "which came first: the Signature Ability or the palette selection?" Or does one inspire the other?

Last edited:

PARASOUL
ShelteredHeavy ReignNo EgretsIvy LeaguePrimedPrincess PrideRegally BlondeStar-Crossed

FILIA
Bad Hair DayFrayed EndsHair ApparentBad Ms. FrostyParasite WeaveDread LocksWindsweptIdol Threat

VALENTINE
ScrubIcy HotGraveyard ShiftO MaiSilent KillLast HopeSurgeon GeneralPyro-Technique

BIG BAND
BasslineBeat BoxResonant Evil RobocopyPrivate DickEpic SaxG.I. JazzChip-Tuned

CEREBELLA

PEACOCK

PAINWHEEL
RustyTwisted MettleRage AppropriateBlood DriveBuzzkillRaw NervFirefly

DOUBLE
NunsenseSundae SchoolTemple TyrantDoubliciousImmoral FiberRainbow BlightXenomorph

SQUIGLY
Stage FrightScared StiffDead HeatNearly DepartedPoltergustBio-ExorcistDead of Winter

ELIZA
In DenileDecrypted Bloody ValentineScarlet Viper Diva InterventionBloodbathRed Velvet

BEOWULF

Hmmm... Still thinking about it, but I can see my initial premise of "If there are already two representatives of an element, there won't be a third!" is out the window. Star-Crossed Parasoul is a third Wind.

I need to learn more about Star-Crossed, Idol Threat, and Pyro-Technique's powers to figure out "which came first: the Signature Ability or the palette selection?" Or does one inspire the other?
Star-Crossed: 50% chance to stun on a well timed block, stunned enemies take 100% more damage from blockbusters
Idol Threat: Gain x seconds of last stand (5 max i think) when evading an attack. Heal for 200% of the damage dealt against dashing enemies.
Pyro Technique: Charge attacks inflict the enemy with x seconds of wither. Attacking an enemy with empty blockbuster meter gives you enrage for x seconds.

Reactions: jeremyhall2727

PARASOUL

FILIA

VALENTINE

BIG BAND
BasslineBeat BoxResonant Evil RobocopyPrivate DickEpic SaxG.I. JazzChip-Tuned

CEREBELLA

PEACOCK

PAINWHEEL
RustyTwisted MettleRage AppropriateBlood DriveBuzzkillRaw NervFirefly

DOUBLE

SQUIGLY

ELIZA

BEOWULF

Palette always comes first

Also don't forget that the Big Band variant name has been rethought by the developers since the original sighting at Combo Breaker 2018 so his name is in fact Megasonic and Chip-tuned is now the name of his signature ability.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Wait Pyro-Technique is taki? I thought it was Pyro from TF2.

Not Gold, but coming soon...
NECROBREAKER SQUIGLY
BtTtBNu.jpg

Element: Light
Color: palette #22 (original colors)
Tier: Silver
Powers: Final Stand, Magic Pixel, tailspin charge to heal?
Source: https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1010340784346812416

Seriously though, as far as predictions go, just as 2.4 will get a new fighter for each element, I expect the next batch to also represent the five flavors. Maybe like this:

RGDmUMv.jpg

LIGHT: Necrobreaker Squigly
DARK: Jiangshi Peacock (Darkstalkers Hsien-Ko color)
FIRE: Hot Hunk Beowulf (...I dunno, you try thinking of a name that references fire and a sexy firefighter palette!)
WATER: Netherworld Eliza (Odin Sphere Odette color)
WIND: Toad-al Recall Cerebella (Battletoads Rash color)

Last edited:
I will now make a prediction. The next character will be Light... perhaps a Squigly... no, really:
NECROBREAKER SQUIGLY
BtTtBNu.jpg

Element: Light
Color: palette #22 (original colors)
Powers: Final Stand, Magic Pixel, tailspin charge to heal?
Source: https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1010340784346812416

Seriously though, as far as predictions go, just as 2.4 will get a new fighter for each element, I expect the next batch to also represent the five flavors. Maybe like this:

RGDmUMv.jpg

LIGHT: Necrobreaker Squigly
DARK: Jiangshi Peacock (Darkstalkers Hsien-Ko color)
FIRE: Hot Hunk Beowulf (...I dunno, you try thinking of a name that references fire and a sexy firefighter palette!)
WATER: Netherworld Eliza (Odin Sphere Odette color)
WIND: Toad-al Recall Cerebella (Battletoads Rash color)
Perhaps a Halloween themed update!

I heard people who showed up at combo breaker will get necrobreaker Squigly in their game mailboxes after the update.

I heard people who showed up at combo breaker will get necrobreaker Squigly in their game mailboxes after the update.
that's absolutely right! she'll also be given out to people who go to their Anime Expo booth on July 5th, along with other events that have yet to be announced