• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 2.4 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Seems fine to me. 3 to evolve a Bronze, 4 to evolve a Silver, so 5 for a Gold makes sense.

As a nowhere-near-end-game player, golds are rare, so sacrificing anything other than a duplicate is unthinkable. Like in the recent tweet about Diamond Evolution, two Gold Bassline Big Bands so easily thrown into the transmutation circle! Climbed out of Bronze just to burn!

Quick update! We've been working on all of the content listed on the first post. There have been tons and tons of bug fixes that I still need to post about (I'll post another update when I do that), and I'll share those later with a new color in the update notes.

The current working plan, subject to change, is to submit the build for review late next week. As always, we can never be sure how long the review process will take, and if a critical error is found, we'll need to do more fixes and submit again. After we get the green light, we also don't know how long it will take to show up on the App Store for everyone to download.

Because of the above, providing a solid ETA is pretty difficult, but hopefully that gives you a better sense of when you'll have the new update in your hands.

Thanks again for your patience - getting closer!

Quick update! We've been working on all of the content listed on the first post. There have been tons and tons of bug fixes that I still need to post about (I'll post another update when I do that), and I'll share those later with a new color in the update notes.

The current working plan, subject to change, is to submit the build for review late next week. As always, we can never be sure how long the review process will take, and if a critical error is found, we'll need to do more fixes and submit again. After we get the green light, we also don't know how long it will take to show up on the App Store for everyone to download.

Because of the above, providing a solid ETA is pretty difficult, but hopefully that gives you a better sense of when you'll have the new update in your hands.

Thanks again for your patience - getting closer!
Quality is the topmost priority! Take all the time you need and make it worth the wait.

Following on what some people said I'm out. I loved this game and still think the gameplay is amazing. The latest updates have all seemed to center on higher monetization and endless grinding. 5 gold's? Plus 3 things you have to grind for, for a diamond character.
I want to say that you have my respect. You have the bravery to share your thoughts (even if it isn't with the positive flow of comments) and there're some things that I agree and others that I don't agree with you and I will try to explain my point of view.

But, before I start I will try to suppose one of your possible answer to my comment: How do you dare to complain about new content? And yeah, you're right, and you're not at the same time, I'm not really complaining about new content, the point is that I'm not agree with things related with this new content and hope the things would be more clear in the following lines.

1. About monetization: It is a thing that doesn't matter to me. Like I said in another post, the game must have things that have the chance to make some money (all the things wouldn't be free because there are a lot of people working on this, and the most important thing, the purchases are totally optional, well it has a less sense with this notes) and the supporters or customers (from my personal perspective) are the main thing that makes the switch up, so they're welcome.

2. Prize Fights (System): After hearing the community and hold on (despite of the multiple and negative comments about the changes) the testing of the new system until the last minute, I guess they reach the middle or an ideal point between easy and hard fights since beginning or streak zero, so you have a check or a great and positive point with this.

3. Checkpoint/Restore your streak: Sounds nice, on paper. If I remember well they told us the price of refresh the teams when you were in a trouble, but If I'm not wrong they didn't tell the prices, giving an example, of unlocking a new node instead of using a key (until we see on the update that this option enters), and this is a similar situation. Hope we accept or discuss the prices when we be able to see them, but, repeating, sounds really good.

4. Parasoul origin story: Gives me good expectations. No problem with this, we'll have to wait.

5. Elemental shards/essences: Well....some stuff to collect, oh and you must get them if you want a diamond character (but I'll touch this later). Note: I wish you will show us the rate to get "x" amount of shards or an entire essence on relics (PF will always be the same.... I guess and dailies is a random drop so I can't say anything about this).

6. Elemental Relics: Making more reliable Premiere Relics, even Character Relics. And you can say: But you will get elemental shards and essences too, more rate to get a gold aaaannnddd new characters!. Yeah It could give us a great temptation, but I ask you to the new, rookie, mid and even, advanced player: What do you preffer? Get a elemental shard or get a character? If you read the notes, they're not saying when you get "x" shards or an essence if this will be instead of a character, so you can get 10 shards and not a character, giving an example to be more clear:
(10+1 relic pack= 3000 crystals= 5 characters and 6 elemental shards (random amount)).
Note: When they clear this point, the last paragraph would have no sense, so we will have to see the update about notes.

Honestly I preffer got 33 characters or 15 characters (if you really need the featured character) and if you don't get some good things, well.... at least you can fulfill the requirement of the silver and gold relic.

To resume in this point, if you're new, novice or mid player, just don't waste your resources on this, you won't be able to have a diamond (and I make a mention of this because this kind of relics gives you elemental shards or essences, a must have to get a diamond), even some advance, late game players and expert won't have chances already to have a diamond character. But if you want the newest characters no matter what, decision is yours.

7. Relic Shards (Silver and gold): Hmmm.... let's give a chance. Yeah it's a good thing, so you will need 25 bronzes to get a silver and 25 silvers to get a gold and you can get 5 gold with this silver characters (with a LOT of time) and 1 natural gold.

8. Marquee Abilities: I won't say anything about this. Make your own conclusion. Personally I will try to resist to use them all the possible time (Why? Because they're broken for me).

9. Master Daily Events: Great thing.

10. Diamond characters: I really want to reach this point.
Surely, this is the reason that is really bothering me or make me disappointed.

5 gold characters and 3 essences right?

So why? You can assure and you'll be right if you think that, well.... because I haven't resources but also because they're rewarding the super grind or farming people. In other words, you're giving a reward to the system abusers of Prize Fights (abuser is a rude word but I can't find another on my dictionary, sorry for that).

But Prize Fights is for all, yeah you're right and there aren't rules (except cheaters) to participate or not, and, again, you've good arguments, but why do you need to get always the gold character? Well you can answer, Because they said gold copies will have an use in some point of the game, annndddd? Again Do you really need get 5 or more times the same gold character? And the worst, for giving no use? I will sound like a fool (if you don't thought this before Thanks!, but you have my permission now) but I will appeal to the "fair play" argument and What's this?, well.... for me, on this game is:

If I have one (Gold character), that's it. I mustn't have to get the same character over and over, let's give the chance to another player to get a gold fighter because it could be new for him/her.

Now, they're causing with this, a more grind or farming from advance and expert players removing from the highest tiers the other groups of players that are trying to be competitive.

So, after I said that maybe you can reply: And What about you? I'm abuser of the PF system too, because I have 3 Harlequin and 3 Diva Intervention but since I got the last (a gold Eliza), I decide to not participate to get seriously on top 1-10% on the gold prize fight, because I have all of the available characters on Prize Fights (except Beowulf, but I don't have any interest).

So Don't we have the right to play the game like we wish or want? No, I'm not trying to say that, you can do anything you want (except cheat) playing the game, and get all the characters cost you time and hard work, but, for me, I just trying to say that I don't believe it would be fair because indirectly you're not letting a new player introduce to the competitive environment (at least for getting for the first time the gold character of the Prize Fight, then the goals of each one of us with this characters are different).

You can evolve Bronze and Silver characters to Gold and fulfill the first request of the new tier, easy!
Really? It will cost you a LOT of time (Bronze to Silver is a piece of cake to advanced and expert players, but Silver to Gold is a boring thing), but if you're master doing that, you have all my respect.

Note: If you get your copies through relics, I don't have anything to discuss, you have a great luck.

Finally, If you reach this point, thanks for your patience.

Then, to resume, the update notes makes me think about questions instead of expectations. But we have a "Last Hope", like I said on points 2 and 4, we will have to wait because there's a lot of new stuff and I want to believe (x files) that the update will be, in first place, a test about the form of management or gameplay about the new content. So if you're a new or a non-expert player and you have the enough resistance and patience, you would be able to see, even a better game (because the game is one of the best already).

Last edited:
We need more story mode and origin stories ASAP. I’m losing the story effect because it’s taking too long. And I do mean more than one. Please get this done. Of at least give us one on a regular basis so we can follow the story.

Reactions: jeremyhall2727
Side note: Purchases made on this game will be used on creating Skullgirls 2. If you are interested in the Skullgirls universe and want to see more of it, consider purchasing some items from the in-game store.

Reactions: Oscreji9716
Side note: Purchases made on this game will be used on creating Skullgirls 2. If you are interested in the Skullgirls universe and want to see more of it, consider purchasing some items from the in-game store.
We don't exactly know where the profits are going, so we can't say the profit made is going directly to a creation of another Skullgirls game. However, it has been said that the success of this game will determine how much more content we get in the future, such as completely new playable characters in the mobile version and perhaps even a sequel to the console game.

We don't exactly know where the profits are going, so we can't say the profit made is going directly to a creation of another Skullgirls game. However, it has been said that the success of this game will determine how much more content we get in the future, such as completely new playable characters in the mobile version and perhaps even a sequel to the console game.
It's good either way, isn't it?

Reactions: Fel and Oscreji9716
Hey everyone, I've updated the update notes (now they're extreme update notes) with new information.

All of the latest changes are reflected in this color!

Concerning the relic shards being in daily and hourly relics. Will the in game odds table be changed to reflect the odds? I assume it will be fairly low.

Will NecroBreaker be available to all players or exclusive to Combo Breaker attendees? And if it is available to all players, how would it be obtainable?

Will NecroBreaker be available to all players or exclusive to Combo Breaker attendees? And if it is available to all players, how would it be obtainable?

To my knowledge, this is going to be convention exclusive to the events they are at. The next time to get will be Anime Expo in LA in early July. There will probably be more and other ways to get it that I don't know of.

Each Elemental Relic costs 300 Theonite (or 3000 Theonite for a 10+1) and will grant you two rewards:
  1. Fighter of that Element Type.
  2. Essence Shards of that Element Type (10, 50, 100, or 1000)

Cool! But where will the Elementless Rainbow Blight Double lurk? In every relic?

Hmm, I makes me wonder how the tiers will shakedown in the Elemental Essence relics:

SHINING RELIC
Bronze:
Silver: 3
Gold: 8
TOTAL: 14*
  1. Princess Pride Parasoul (G)
  2. Dread Locks Filia (G)
  3. Last Hope Valentine (G)
  4. Epic Sax Big Band (G)
  5. Headstrong Cerebella (B)
  6. Big Top Cerebella (S)
  7. That's All Folks! Peacock (G)
  8. Rusty Painwheel (B)
  9. Grim Fan Painwheel (G)
  10. Doublicious Double (S)
  11. Scared Stiff Squigly (B)
  12. Nearly Departed Squigly (S)
  13. Diva Intervention Eliza (G)
  14. Weekend Warrior Beowulf (G)
*will be 15 once Necrobreaker Squigly (S) is eventually released to the wild

SCORCHED RELIC
Bronze:
Silver: 5
TOTAL: 17
  1. Sheltered Parasoul (B)
  2. Frayed Ends Filia (B)
  3. Parasite Weave Filia (G)
  4. O Mai Valentine (S)
  5. Pyro-Technique Valentine (G)
  6. Beat Box Big Band (B)
  7. Private Dick Big Band (G)
  8. Harlequin Cerebella (G)
  9. Rerun Peacock (B)
  10. Blood Drive Painwheel (S)
  11. Firefly Painwheel (G)
  12. Immoral Fiber Double (G)
  13. Dead Heat Squigly (S)
  14. Scarlet Viper Eliza (S)
  15. Red Velvet Eliza (G)
  16. Number One Beowulf (S)
  17. Dragon Brawler Beowulf (G)

SUNKEN RELIC
Bronze:
Gold: 6
  1. No Egrets Parasoul (S)
  2. Regally Blonde Parasoul (G)
  3. Bad Ms. Frosty Filia (S)
  4. Idol Threat Filia (G)
  5. Icy Hot Valentine (B)
  6. Silent Kill Valentine (G)
  7. Robocopy Big Band (S)
  8. Understudy Cerebella (B)
  9. Brain Freeze Cerebella (G)
  10. Untouchable Peacock (G)
  11. Twisted Mettle Painwheel (B)
  12. Rage Appropriate Painwheel (S)
  13. Sundae School Double (B)
  14. Temple Tyrant Double (S)
  15. Dead of Winter Squigly (G)
  16. In Denile Eliza (B)
  17. Cold Stones Beowulf (B)

SHROUDED RELIC
Bronze:
Silver: 4
TOTAL: 16
  1. Primed Parasoul (G)
  2. Bad Hair Day Filia (B)
  3. Graveyard Shift Valentine (S)
  4. Resonant Evil Big Band (S)
  5. Megasonic Big Band (G)
  6. Gray Matter Cerebella (S)
  7. Inkling Peacock (S)
  8. Ultraviolent Peacock (G)
  9. Raw Nerv Painwheel (G)
  10. Xenomorph Double (G)
  11. Stage Fright Squigly (B)
  12. Bio-Exorcist Squigly (G)
  13. Decrypted Eliza (B)
  14. Bloodbath Eliza (G)
  15. Underdog Beowulf (B)
  16. Wulfsbane Beowulf (G)

STORMY RELIC
Bronze:
Gold: 7
  1. Heavy Reign Parasoul (B)
  2. Ivy League Parasoul (S)
  3. Star-Crossed Parasoul (G)
  4. Hair Apparent Filia (S)
  5. Windswept Filia (G)
  6. Scrub Valentine (B)
  7. Surgeon General Valentine (G)
  8. Bassline Big Band (B)
  9. G.I. Jazz Big Band (G)
  10. Armed Forces Cerebella (G)
  11. Sketchy Peacock (B)
  12. Pea Shooter Peacock (S)
  13. Buzzkill Painwheel (G)
  14. Nunsense Double (B)
  15. Poltergust Squigly (G)
  16. Bloody Valentine Eliza (S)
  17. Hype Man Beowulf (S)

Quick update:

We're starting the submission process early (now!), but it's unclear if the update will be ready for release this week, or the next. If everything goes perfectly, there's a chance we may release 2.4 this week. Otherwise, it will have to wait until early next week.

Thanks so much for your patience as always, we'll let you know how things are going in a little bit.

Quick update:

We're starting the submission process early (now!), but it's unclear if the update will be ready for release this week, or the next. If everything goes perfectly, there's a chance we may release 2.4 this week. Otherwise, it will have to wait until early next week.

Thanks so much for your patience as always, we'll let you know how things are going in a little bit.

THE HYPE IS REAL
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Honestly I'm really loving everything that's coming along so far! (Goodbye the class descriptions though, you will always be in my heart control characters.)

I ALSO love the instance of the essences, what a way to keep us going! And the Stash? My prayers have been answered!

Okay this is by far the most exciting Update. However, it seems like your gonna waste a lot of resources to get 1 diamond fighter. Also the new Squigly variant! How else can we get our hands on it ? As a person who isn’t always in the loop. How will we know when certain events are held. Lastly, what will the Marquee abilities cost?