• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Vial Hazard+Countervenom "chain"

vucaar

Reaction score
Before the 2.4 update arrives, you would use a Vial Hazard Move (1st phase), and don't throw the syringe (2nd phase of movement) to deal a "poison effect" to the opponent when you use a Countervenom Blockbuster (like the original game if I remember well), but now it doesn't work anymore, I tried with two different charges of Vial Hazard and then a Countervenom or use the same color of move and blockbuster (Example: Vial Hazard type B and Countervenom Detox), but there's no extra damage when I use Countervenom. Is it got a "nerf"? (If you can say that).

I'll make an example when this "chain" used to work:

Vial Hazard Type A+ Don't throw the syringe of Vial Hazard+ Any Countervenom Blockbuster (detox, paralysis and sedative)= Normal damage and extra damage (like a bleed effect but different in some way).

P.S. If you're fighting with Filia against Valentine and use the first dash attack (swipe right) and then a normal attack (1 simple tap), Valentine will have a high chance to counterattack you (excluding burst move), even when you're doing a "legal combo". Have you noticed that?

Reactions: PHPP
wait, were you able to do this prior to 2.4? i was completely unaware of it.
i’m familiar with Vial Hazard/Countervenom in original SG so i know what you’re talking about with the bleed effects, but the rest i’m still kind of confused about. you’re saying that it behaved in mobile like it did in console/PC? this just seems a bit odd to me because i don’t understand why they would incorporate that into SGM when you don’t have to do Vial Hazard in order to do Countervenom. there’s nothing on the 2.4 patch notes about this so i don’t know what occurred in terms of being able to do this chain.

i think i have noticed Val also hitting me in the middle of a legal combo, but i can’t remember the circumstances it was under (because it may have just been my bad timing)

Reactions: vucaar and PHPP
wait, were you able to do this prior to 2.4? i was completely unaware of it.
i’m familiar with Vial Hazard/Countervenom in original SG so i know what you’re talking about with the bleed effects, but the rest i’m still kind of confused about. you’re saying that it behaved in mobile like it did in console/PC? this just seems a bit odd to me because i don’t understand why they would incorporate that into SGM when you don’t have to do Vial Hazard in order to do Countervenom. there’s nothing on the 2.4 patch notes about this so i don’t know what occurred in terms of being able to do this chain

Yeah, you could do that before this last update, it caused a lot of damage because countervenom used to inflict a poison effect (equal to bleed effect but not the same, because I had seen that this effect ignores, in some way, a regen buff, you could apply that regen but it doesn't free you to suffer the effect of the poison if you can say that).

I will try to describe the actions and results with this chain:

Vial Hazard Type B or C+Don't throw the syringe+Any Countervenom BB= Enemy gets a green or orange bubble palette effect after being hit by the countervenom blockbuster for some seconds (Unknown effects, I haven't seen any negative effect for the player, only bubbles).

Vial Hazard Type A+Don't throw the syringe+Any Countervenom BB= Enemy gets a purple bubble effect palette after being hit by the countervenom blockbuster for some seconds (Poison effects, the enemy suffers this effect even if they tag out and enters in other moment of fight).

Note: Poison effect wouldn't stack like bleed effect.

I really want to know if devs takes away the option to do that and why or the reason to disable that or being unable to do that now is a bug.

Im 90% sure that even with vials loaded countervenom did not do extra damage. It applied a visual effect with bubbles of the corresponding vial color, but didn't actually do anything.

EDIT: Here's a video with vials loaded from before 2.4 - link

Im 90% sure that even with vials loaded countervenom did not do extra damage. It applied a visual effect with bubbles of the corresponding vial color, but didn't actually do anything.

EDIT: Here's a video with vials loaded from before 2.4 - link

Like I said before, player uses a Vial Hazard Type C and it doesn't do anything negative (apparently), the reason of my post is when you used a Vial Hazard Type A.

Like I said before, player uses a Vial Hazard Type C and it doesn't do anything negative (apparently), the reason of my post is when you used a Vial Hazard Type A.
Ah right I didnt read that properly. Maybe a dev can confirm this

I believe the only recent logic we have fixed with Counter Venom was the issue where it was unloading your vials if they were not thrown.

Ex:

> Load C Vial
> Perform Counter Venom A
> C Vial is now unloaded.

This didn't really make any sense in the context of the mobile version because you could perform the super without having a vial loaded, which was not the case in console. Attempting to perform CV without a loaded vial resulted in a complete different type of super, which froze the enemy in time.

It's possible that when we removed the "unloading" vial logic, something else broke? That seems to be the only change made to those files recently. I'm not 100% what happened, and I also don't think we'll have time to go back and adjust it given how low of a priority it is compared to critical bugs that we need to focus on. :c

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I believe the only recent logic we have fixed with Counter Venom was the issue where it was unloading your vials if they were not thrown.

Ex:

> Load C Vial
> Perform Counter Venom A
> C Vial is now unloaded.

It's possible that when we removed the "unloading" vial logic, something else broke? That seems to be the only change made to those files recently. I'm not 100% what happened, and I also don't think we'll have time to go back and adjust it given how low of a priority it is compared to critical bugs that we need to focus on. :c

Sorry for the inconvenience.

First: Sorry for the (too) late response, I haven't been able to be here for awhile.

Second: Thanks for answering my doubt, so you were doing some fixes to the logic of that move and blockbuster, it's good that you're trying to fix even the most minimum detail and.....

Third: It's a great loss to Valentine attack. It's gonna take time to accept it.

Again, I apologize for my late response.