• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"PARASITE WEAVE" - Strategy and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
PARASITE WEAVE.png

This thread is for discussing Filia's gold variant: "PARASITE WEAVE"
General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.

Last edited:
General Strategy is to stack crit damage and crit chance to utilize the most out of her SA and proc as many stuns as possible. She is quite gimmicky due to stun stacking.

Basically impossible to lose with if you get around 50% total crit chance.
Proc Stun once, hit the enemy a bit and then wait. When the stun is just about to run out start another ground combo.

Rinse and repeat till the enemy is dead without a chance of laying a finger on you bewteen being stunned and hitstunned.

Only danger can be enemies with high crit resist.

If they resist your crits do a full ground > launcher > juggle combo instead or use BBs.

Just build atk and crit rate and you'll never need anything else.

Well, this is probably as good a place as any to discuss Parasite Weave's nerfs.

Now, Parasite Weave was my favorite character, but I'll admit that she was crazy overpowered, particularly after they added marquee abilities and she could have both permanent and count down bleeds going. My record was briefly having 9 total going at the same time.

I've had a few prize fights to work with the new Weave now, and she's definitely not overpowered anymore. I'm not entirely certain where she is on the power spectrum though at the moment, because they also implemented the AI changes at the same time, so I'm not experimenting on a level playing field. I just got up to a streak of 41 with her in Cerebella's prize fight, but that was also making use of my diamond Poltergust (FS = 10k->13k) in the process. I was able to grind through the majority of the life of the enemy team before Parasite Weave went down, but she definitely needs back up at this point.

I'm not sure how much of that is that Parasite Weave is still okay as a character, and how much of it is the fact that I've invested a lot of time and coins into her, and know really well how to make the most of her.

Now, a few people (including me) have suggested that with this change, where her stun is only up at most every 3 out of 10 seconds, that the second part of her SA which causes the bleeds should be linked to the slow and not the stun now. I'm wondering after using her more if it wouldn't be better to just ask for longer bleeds though, or at least a slightly better chance of them. I was getting a good number of bleeds while playing her, and with her marquee, probably giving a total of 4-6 permanent ones spread across the three characters I was fighting, which wasn't bad. It's not enough to win a fight on it's own, but it's enough to make the process much easier.

My main concern is that at the moment, without her marquee ability, she's not very strong. It's the ability to make bleeds permanent that makes her really shine, but it's kinda a shame to have her only be really good when you've filled out her entire tree, plus dropped another huge chunk of change on her. She should be a little stronger without her marquee ability, but without making her overpowered. I guess I'm concerned that having her create a ton of bleeds all the time is going to move into the range where she's overpowered again and the dev's won't go for it. But just making the bleeds last longer and thus deal more damage helps with the pre-marquee Parasite Weave quite a bit, while also helping the post marquee one just a little by giving more time to turn those temporary bleeds into permanent ones.

Anyway, that's my 2-cents. Anyone else have an opinion?

(As a note on the BB3 change, a weird benefit to Filia having low life is that if you pair her with a Valentine with Trauma Center, it's really easy to set off that Final Stand and keep her on her feet that much longer)

Reactions: PHPP
I've used parasite weave a lot in the past as well, and, I feel like her first ability is good, a chance of stun and longer combo, and a slowdown on opponent BBs. It's her 2nd SA that needs some fine tuning, the window to allow bleeds is very low and you'll have to wait a while before applying more stun. As it stands its kinda playing more of a wait then attack when the situation is right. Either they let her apply bleed on slow as well and decrease the chance she can apply bleed, or they increase the chance of applying bleed during stun. Because from what I can see, filia depends on her SAs to buff herself or debuff her opponent to cause damage, since her character stats aren't so great.

Now, you have a good point that it makes her Marquee ability what makes her super powerful (My gold bad hair day is having her shining glory moment) but the variants should be able to shine without really needing it. So what I think should happen is another component of her SA2 should be changed so it would make it more useful. Maybe instead of bleed it applies a haste to filia? Or if it applies bleed it also applies regen? I usually like abilities that correspond to the variant name!

Stand alone, she's okay, but she's not going to shine anymore. The only good thing to come out of this is now I don't really have to focus too much on crit% anymore and focus on other stats more.

But, I am just one player, I'm sure other people still make use of her. I hope that I can provide ideas though!

Reactions: PHPP and fanghoul
She definitely deserved a nerf, both for being just too strong, but also for being rather... boring to play, as you'd just keep resetting your combo to stunlock an enemy.

i'm not sure if the slow effect is particularly useful, cause even with it procced and enemy will usually build their meter up quite quickly anyway, though i guess it's not too bad.

My only real issue is that the window to apply bleeds is really limited right now. Only getting the chance to apply bleeds during a 3 second window every 10 seconds, especially since it's proc chance isn't even that high, isn't enough right now.
I agree with what most people suggest, in that the bleed shouöd be changed from being tied to the stun, to being tied to the slow instead.

Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
Right now she's definitely below average. Maybe the only way she becomes playable again is by buffing her Bleed in the way everybody's suggesting. Thing is, a Gold fighter with the ability to apply permanent stacks of Bleed while the opponent's Slowed, right now that Slows, Withers and the like are more important than ever, would make her OP, not boring OP like when she had the Stun-lock, but definitely overshadowing-more-than-half-the-roster-of-Gold-fighters OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loki_Priest
Before dark pf, this parasite weave Nerf thing made me thought she's almost as good as useless. 3 seconds of stun really is too short to inflict bleed and turn them to permeant bleed. But after using her in dark pf against dark fighters, I found parasite weave especially useful. She can inflict stun and slow, while slow can remove haste, so she can continue inflict stun and slow, then slow is removed again by haste. That's the old parasite weave infinite I believe.

She does still have ringlet spike and I believe one other sm to trigger bleed, so I've still found use for her since her nerf. Sailing hasn't been quite as smooth with her though, it'd be nice for at least a small buff

I don't get why people find her useless after the nerf, I mean she can't perma opponents but she is still viable.

I agree with the issue with the bleed but overall she is still decent.

I don't get why people find her useless after the nerf, I mean she can't perma opponents but she is still viable.

I agree with the issue with the bleed but overall she is still decent.
Not sure if you’ve experienced her before nerf. It’s the HUGE difference that made people feel this way.

I've experienced her before and after. She was overpowered beforehand, and still awesome now. L5, Launcher, Drilltationship will almost guarantee you a stun. Use that into L5, French Twist, Gregor Samson/Drill Tempered. The trick is to utilize her several-hit moves and keep the opponent on the ground when stun kicks in to use those moves and bleed the opponent out. I've found no issue perma-bleeding opponents with her.

Not sure if you’ve experienced her before nerf. It’s the HUGE difference that made people feel this way.

Yep played her before the nerf, I was also pretty angry.

My problem personally is the duration of the stun after the nerf. Its a lil too short.

I have her as a level 59 diamond at the moment, so I clearly still use her a lot.

It has been a change in play style, and French Twist is sorta mandatory, because it provides a lot of the bleeds that she now has a harder time supplying herself. But she's a lot safer to use than someone like Bad Hair day, because of Parasite's stun, her slow, and her higher stats.

Parasite can't stun lock anymore, but I find the stun she has is still pretty useful. With a little meter gain, it lets me get in enough moves in one combo to end in French Twist and a blockbuster even if I started at zero meter. And it comes in handy periodically in avoiding getting BB3'd.

Reactions: cappatacus