• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Please Improve Valentine

cappatacus

Reaction score
As soon as I got my first Valentine I immediately fell in love with her. Her playstyle felt nice, her design was good, and her voice acting/pre/post round tags conveyed a really cool character. Then I looked into her story from the original game, and I was even more interested! The ultimate anti hero. I loved her.

Then I got further along in the game, and I realized quickly that I would have to leave my favorite player behind so I could complete a boss battle, or, now, save my streaks in pf. As of now, the only Val I can reliably take into pf is SG, and she works as a passive backliner, not a frontliner. And that kinda sucks, because I really love her character!

I think even if her bleed-inflicting moves could combo or had a higher chance to inflict, she'd be better. I understand her role is to help the team, but if there's only one that can really do that, then what's the point?

It's been said before and I'll say it again - please improve Valentine, or at least give us another variant we can play with actively!

I understand the devs are working on a lot right now for the game, though, and I respect that. I just think that at some point, Val's lackluster character needs addressed in game

Totally agree. I think there should be a bleed-based Valentine- like a Bad Hair Day type of character. That way she wouldn’t even need to stray too much from Valentine’s typical stats to be powerful. I’ve shared this in game chat a couple times, but if I could design a new character, I’d probably make a Val who could bleed on standard attacks and had a chance to gain precision when hitting a bleeding opponent (precision also seems fitting with her ninja style). I always found Val’s moveset a lot of fun to use but I really never use her except on low streaks and it’s kinda sad.

Reactions: cappatacus
This issue is constantly on HVS's radar and the issue for them is that, alongside the fact they have bigger fish to fry like pushing brand new content out (i.e. Rift Battles coming very soon, by the looks of the Twitter feed!), they can't really just overhaul a whole character, and new stronger variants would leave the issue of what to do with the rest. They seem to be working on a more gradual basis. Her character ability was re-worked to make her more reliable in the front line, and I'm sure some other subtle alterations are in store for the future. But this pretty much applies to the game as whole.

This issue is constantly on HVS's radar and the issue for them is that, alongside the fact they have bigger fish to fry like pushing brand new content out (i.e. Rift Battles coming very soon, by the looks of the Twitter feed!), they can't really just overhaul a whole character, and new stronger variants would leave the issue of what to do with the rest. They seem to be working on a more gradual basis. Her character ability was re-worked to make her more reliable in the front line, and I'm sure some other subtle alterations are in store for the future. But this pretty much applies to the game as whole.
Yes, I certainly don't expect this to be the team's top priority, especially with as much as they're adding in the game. They're doing great work and this isn't the most pressing of issues. I hope that they will continue to drop in some improvements upon Val here and there, as you said

I think giving her some kind of Bleed effect wouldn't solve anything bc you could make the same case for every other weak character in the game bc of how strong Bleed is. They would need to rework her in some kind of way, but tbh anything else than being a ninja support fighter would clash with her character stigma.

Really, the problem's that you fell in love with the support character :p, but I feel you. Fortune's my fav character and she kinda sucks in what she's supposed to do, whereas Valentine at least excels at what she does, albeit not being what you would like.

I think giving her some kind of Bleed effect wouldn't solve anything bc you could make the same case for every other weak character in the game bc of how strong Bleed is. They would need to rework her in some kind of way, but tbh anything else than being a ninja support fighter would clash with her character stigma.

Really, the problem's that you fell in love with the support character :p, but I feel you. Fortune's my fav character and she kinda sucks in what she's supposed to do, whereas Valentine at least excels at what she does, albeit not being what you would like.
That's definitely fair. Although, even as a support character she tends to fall flat - SG is the only reliable one I've used, the others have too low of stats for their revive of 20 some percent to be worth it, y know?

Oh well. I'll just like......invest way too much in bleed skills on SK or something until she works in high streaks lol

I'd be way more into a mechanical change, like maybe let her combo from her throw?

I'd be way more into a mechanical change, like maybe let her combo from her throw?
That could definitely help, and that crossed my mind. As it is, though, her combos aren't bad. After a juggle, you can hit all three syringes, plus Forbidden Procedure and or Scalpel Thing, and a Dead Cross or Vial Hazard if you time it. Combos aren't everything - that's why I never got into Big Band's character. Even with his combos, he just could never deal enough damage beyond his Epic Sax variant.

So, while it would certainly be nice to have some more combos, especially including bleed skills, it won't completely weed out the root problem - low stats.

Reactions: Irghen
That could definitely help, and that crossed my mind. As it is, though, her combos aren't bad. After a juggle, you can hit all three syringes, plus Forbidden Procedure and or Scalpel Thing, and a Dead Cross or Vial Hazard if you time it. Combos aren't everything -

But after the 2.0.1 update the attack was different for use all three syringes.
It has simply become much harder to use them in sequence.

I'm not complaining because I like games that treat players with difficulties in the game that makes Skullgirls attractive. For me it would become even more difficult.

But after the 2.0.1 update the attack was different for use all three syringes.
It has simply become much harder to use them in sequence.

I'm not complaining because I like games that treat players with difficulties in the game that makes Skullgirls attractive. For me it would become even more difficult.
Personally, I haven't had a problem with it, especially if the opponent is against the wall.

All 3 Countervenoms have the same hitbox and frame data I think? They're one of, if not the best moves in the game in my opinion. Unfortunately Val's low attack often means you can't go too far in PF with her but a Diamond SG with good attack investment can probably go quite far. As for bleed builds I have been messing around with Dead Cross and Checkmate Incision. I think a bleed build is possible but a bit impractical.

All 3 Countervenoms have the same hitbox and frame data I think? They're one of, if not the best moves in the game in my opinion. Unfortunately Val's low attack often means you can't go too far in PF with her but a Diamond SG with good attack investment can probably go quite far. As for bleed builds I have been messing around with Dead Cross and Checkmate Incision. I think a bleed build is possible but a bit impractical.
Oh, it's totally impractical. I'm just doing it for kicks and giggles

Anyway, yes, I believe all three Countervenoms have the same hitboxes, but your distance from the opponent before/during a juggle can sometimes allow them to slip out of a chain. Or, if you use Forbidden Procedure between Countervenoms, the only way to continue the chain is to time it right.

I think this is what Vicking was getting at, anyhow