• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 3.0.3 Update Notes (LIVE!)

Does rank update in real time, or does it only adjust at the end of a season?
I know the rating updates after each battle. But let’s say I lose a bunch of battles within a season. Would I see myself drop from, for instance, gold 1 to gold 2 during the season? Or would I not know my final rank until the season’s end?

Reactions: fanghoul
Finally got into a Rift Battle with a Gold 1 that felt competitive, and that was stressful. I can see more now how this mode might be fun.

Interestingly, this opponent also completely gave up with trying no more than a couple battles. They actually had a much better boss fight set up than I did!

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
a quick question, the free gifts for holidays don’t start today? Because i didn’t receive anything today :(

I lost a rift battle because I forgot about it and didn't go beyond a node or two. Maybe we could get a notification 30 minutes before the end?

MINOR CHANGES

Flat HP / ATK Move Stats

• Flat ATK and Flat HP stats on Moves have had their effectiveness increased
Why nobody is talking about this?

Why nobody is talking about this?
Because it's a nonfactor.

It's 60ATK/150HP vs 6%.
Above 1000ATK/2500HP percentage increase is better.

Meaning yes, with the new flat stats you could be the baddest bronze in town. So what?

As if you have some use to bronzes other than using a bunch of hastily slapped together half-upgraded cripples equipped with leftover moves to reach a milestone once every 3 days. Which takes about one streak 16.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Because it's a nonfactor.

It's 60ATK/150HP vs 6%.
Above 1000ATK/2500HP percentage increase is better.

Meaning yes, with the new flat stats you could be the baddest bronze in town. So what?

As if you have some use to bronzes other than using a bunch of hastily slapped together half-upgraded cripples equipped with leftover moves to reach a milestone once every 3 days. Which takes about one streak 16.
Yep. At least make the flat hp/atk on par with the % increases. So players can start consider it as an option.

Yep. At least make the flat hp/atk on par with the % increases. So players can start consider it as an option.
Nnnah, not really possible.

The relevant goalpost is a lvl50 nat gold.
Let's say it's 6K ATK 30K HP.

To compete with % increase at this level flats should have circa 360 ATK 1800 HP per level.
Then one lvl 6 move on lvl 40 nat silver will about double their stats which is ridiculous.
Not to mention at bronze level own stats would become meaningless, since everything comes from moves at that point.

So no, with that huge spread of stats between tiers flats can't be balanced without being either worthless or breaking everything in the process.

OkAy, rift battles is like... “oh, we found da enemy that higher level than you fufufu, you can’t disagree to fight it, sempai! His team is terribly stronger, that means you’re lost a chance for precious coins to get the top grade. Deal with it!” .I mean...I found a fully upgraded Valentine Ohmy., that kills my team just attacking in block with chip damage, and nothing can’t stop her, because she got permanent Regen plus huge Regen from surgeon general for 10K per sec, and ofc she can’t be debuffed, because of rift boss buffs and immunity from Valentine. And he killed my defense without any attempts. That’s all, folks.

Last edited:
Rift Battles are unfair to me.
The matchmaking(Rift Battles) puts me with people who have at least 10K more power than my strongest character.
How is this not included in the matchmaking algorithms?
The game is no fun for me as time goes on.
After almost one and a half year I am thinking of quitting.
Yeah, that feeling, when one character kills all of your team just with chip damage when u blocking to survive.

So, Sacrosanct was added as a modifier to the expert Double dailies. Unless it's been this way and I haven't realized, it would have been nice to have the heads up. Adds a nice challenge though

So, Sacrosanct was added as a modifier to the expert Double dailies. Unless it's been this way and I haven't realized, it would have been nice to have the heads up. Adds a nice challenge though
I think it was always this way.

I'm developing a concern about the balance in the results of Rift Battles, specifically at the Diamond 4 / Gold 1 cut-off. If you're in the top 1%, you're getting diamond keys, rift coins, and diamond shards. If you're in the top 2% though, you're only getting the rift coins in that set, and if you want diamond keys, you're probably going to be having to spend your rift coins on them.

What I see coming out of this though is that the top 1% and the top 2% are going to increasingly going to diverge, with the top 1% growing stronger at a much higher rate than the 2%. Since doing well in Rift Battles is largely dependent on the depth and strength of your roster, I'm not sure how these players in the top 2% will ever be able to catch up.

I admit that this is slightly a selfish concern, since I'm currently set as a Diamond 4, and I have a lot of Gold 1's around my score, so I could see myself falling off the ledge as it were at the end of the week, being ranked Gold 1, and then just basically being left behind forever. I mean, clearly it's not going to be quiet as bad as that after only one week, but every week where I'm not Diamond 4 is going to leave me slightly less able than other Diamond 4s to stay a Diamond 4.

I guess on the flip side, it would also feel weird to do well on average and it's increasingly obvious as I go on that Gold 1's are never really going to catch up to me.

Heads up: DO NOT UPDATE TO 3.0.1

Unfortunately a bug slipped into this build which actually made the Sancrosanct modifier harder.

We're working on resolving this bug ASAP, with all hands on deck. We'll be submitting and releasing 3.0.2 as soon as humanly possible.

Super sorry for the updates, everyone, thanks for your understanding!

UPDATE:

3.0.2 has been submitted, and that build has been approved. It should be rolling out very shortly, so keep an eye out for it in the App Store and Google Play Store. It should be live in at least the Google Play Store at the time of this message.

Here is the final list of changes. It's the same as 3.0.1 except without any major bugs.... hee hee.

Rift Battles

• Fixed an issue where your opponent's nodes would sometimes use the Fighters of your previous Rift Battles opponent
  • Fixed an issue where some players would see the "Season Ending Soon" pop up earlier than intended, which would lock them out of playing Rift Battles.
Sacrosanct (Rift Battle Boss Node Modifier)
  • Now reflects all debuffs when the opponent (the one not benefiting from the modifier) is not at an elemental advantage, rather than reflecting all debuffs when the owner of the modifier is not at an elemental disadvantage. Light and Dark variants can never be at an elemental disadvantage, which made them always reflect debuffs on this node.
Offers
  • Fixed an issue that caused one of our Holiday offers to appear earlier than intended.
UI
  • Massive performance optimizations and improvements during the Rift Battles "score tally" UI screens.
  • Fixed an issue where Japanese text was invisible during the final score tally UI screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the Relics odds pop-up UI would not display Elemental Essences as a reward you can earn from Elemental Relics.

Sacrosanct (Rift Battle Boss Node Modifier)
  • Now reflects all debuffs when the opponent (the one not benefiting from the modifier) is not at an elemental advantage, rather than reflecting all debuffs when the owner of the modifier is not at an elemental disadvantage. Light and Dark variants can never be at an elemental disadvantage, which made them always reflect debuffs on this node.

If i’m getting it right, does this mean that light and dark variants won’t reflect debuffs at all now? This is a bit confusing, would you mind clarifying? Thanks.