• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Future Storylines [Potential Spoilers]

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
I know the thing I'm most excited about for this game is the chance to explore more of the Skullgirls world. I'm pretty obsessive about scraping up every bit of info on SG lore as it is, so a fresh stream of actual story content is great for me!

Just a bit of a warning here; we'll be talking about storylines we want to see in the future, so that means we'll probably be talking about plotlines that have already happened, both in Skullgirls Encore and Skullgirls Mobile. If you want to avoid spoilers, tread carefully in here!

With that out of the way, what storylines do you want the game to tackle in the future?

As my avatar suggests, I'm all about Little Innsmouth, so I want to see how Yu-Wan, Fortune and Minette met! I also want to learn more about all of Minette's sisters that hang around on Little Innsmouth in the game.

Big Band confronting his former dirty cop coworkers would be neat too...

Last edited:
Reactions: stale cheeto
Some circus life or mob work thats not obligatory revenge would be nice. see how Bella views the mob.

They already have some story implemented, I'm not gonna spoil anything. But little innsmouth is involved.

They already have some story implemented, I'm not gonna spoil anything. But little innsmouth is involved.
I know :p I've cleared all the current story paths (multiple times because of the Beta!) and I crave mooooore!

Also, I think spoilers are fine in here, since we'll probably need to talk about what story stuff we want to see based on what we've already seen. I'll update the thread title.

Reactions: greerbiggie
Since this is a prequel, the idea of seeing Pre-Samson Filia excites me~
I also would like to see what happened to the Toon Wagon (as it is apparently lost [wasn't it Andy's story mode premise or sth?] )

Since this is a prequel I would like to see Carol and Filia before they got Samson and got tortured by Valentine, I also want to see the story mode for Parasoul, Eliza and Big Band! ;)

Since this is a prequel I would like to see Carol and Filia before they got Samson and got tortured by Valentine, I also want to see the story mode for Parasoul, Eliza and Big Band! ;)
Since some of the characters like Big Band are so old, it'll be really easy to write stories set when characters are younger and pre-horrible things. I'm definitely excited for em too! :)

We'll share more information as we get closer, but the next round of Story content is going to be focused on exploring aspects of each of the currently released characters' backstories, which will also shed some additional light on key moments in the existing Skullgirls lore!

That said, keep sharing the stories that you would be most interested in seeing. We're listening!

I also would like to see what happened to the Toon Wagon (as it is apparently lost [wasn't it Andy's story mode premise or sth?] )
Dudley's (the resident boxer) storyline from Street Fighter 3 has him tracking down a car too. That's a fun little reference :)

Im just gonna say. How can no one bring up Double and her storyline in the original game? I would love to see that expanded upon as it seems like so much history of the world of Skullgirls is tied to this one character.

I make it no secret I'm disappointed with Fukura, but I do have an idea for a non canon story that involves her forcing the player to be her boyfriend. After casually murdering every woman who talks to you and ending with a boss fight with her, she reveal herself to be Sekhmet and it turns out to be a dream Samson was having.

Since this is a prequel, the idea of seeing Pre-Samson Filia excites me~
You know. Filia's story in the main game kinda starts in the middle of her story while everyone else seems to start of a story for them. So her meeting Samson and beginning to search for the Skullheart.

I've heard they're planning on adding some new characters to mobile in future updates. And honestly I'd really like to see Isaac make it in, because his story and concept seemed really interesting. And I know Mike Z really wanted him in.

Reactions: Holy Goose
I've heard they're planning on adding some new characters to mobile in future updates. And honestly I'd really like to see Isaac make it in, because his story and concept seemed really interesting. And I know Mike Z really wanted him in.
I don't think they're gonna put in the resources to actually make "new" new characters. The people we have already have a ton of work put into them, with hundreds of frames of animation. By new, they probably mean the other characters in the original roster.

Of course, I'd LOVE to hear from the devs if they have plans to add people like, say, Umbrella or Feng.

*waits patiently.*

They've said it's a maybe, depending on how successful the game is, but it'd be a lot of work. If it does happen, the idea is to start with smaller movesets that fit the bare minimum for SG Mobile, which could later be expanded into full 6 button movesets if/when SG2 happens.

Reactions: greerbiggie
They've said it's a maybe, depending on how successful the game is, but it'd be a lot of work. If it does happen, the idea is to start with smaller movesets that fit the bare minimum for SG Mobile, which could later be expanded into full 6 button movesets if/when SG2 happens.
Yeah, it's probably easier to put it in mobile then the full game, because you need less assets. But the problem with mobile that makes me worry for the future of the game, is that there's no incentive to pay for things, meaning they're not gonna make an incredible amount of money to keep the mobile game going. But if they wanted to they could do fundraisers like they did for the full game.

I really, really want to believe this. So... I need some proof.