• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

A question about the upcoming Eliza event

SoapyFam

Reaction score
When we unlock Eliza during hard launch will we be able to unlock her silver and gold counterparts? And get her relic? Or we will get them all when we unlock eliza?

When we unlock Eliza during hard launch will we be able to unlock her silver and gold counterparts? And get her relic? Or we will get them all when we unlock eliza?
According to previous posts by MightyZug (Game Director):
  • NEW PRIZE FIGHT MODE - Compete against other aspiring Egrets for great prizes!
  • NEW FIGHTER… ELIZA - Top performers in PRIZE FIGHTS will get exclusive access to Eliza! Yowza!
Generally speaking, new characters and variants will first be made available as exclusive event rewards before being accessible via Relics.

For what its worth, there will be a Bronze, Silver and Gold Eliza Prize Fight event that will allow you to compete with other players of your skill level for different levels of rewards.

I split this into its own thread because there'll probably be a lot of questions about the event.

What Moisterrific has just quoted is all the information we have so far: Compete against other players' teams in Bronze, Silver, Gold events. Earn Eliza characters through the event - not through Relics.

I am curious to know how rewards will be given out though. Will it be like current events in Skullgirls where you are immediately given your rewards for beating a Treasure Stage, or 100%ing an area? Or will it be more like a ranking battle where at the end of a period of time, top scoring players are given rewards?

I am curious to know how rewards will be given out though. Will it be like current events in Skullgirls where you are immediately given your rewards for beating a Treasure Stage, or 100%ing an area? Or will it be more like a ranking battle where at the end of a period of time, top scoring players are given rewards?
I'm guessing it could be similar to the way rewards were given out in arena mode back in beta. You'd have to win repeatedly to get higher prize event score and reaching certain scores grants you Eliza or her character relics (only available in the event at first and not in the relics shop).

Oh so Eliza won't be in relics at all?

Event only?

Only at first, she will be added to general Relics (and will get her own Relic) in the future.

Is there a way to add her to relics when she is out via the Prize Event?

Why should there be a delay? Won't this add to the confusion?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of transparency between what Relics actually gives you and if they can give you exclusive characters e.g. the armed forces cerebella

Is there a way to add her to relics when she is out via the Prize Event?
Why should there be a delay? Won't this add to the confusion?
They obviously could add her to the standard relics, but don't want to. :p
Putting her as a timed exclusive in the Prize Fights encourages people to play the game a lot if they want to get early Elizas. It's a pretty standard way of encouraging people to play a game more than just adding guys to loot boxes.

See Fire Emblem Heroes system of having some characters only be available through boss battle events.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of transparency between what Relics actually gives you and if they can give you exclusive characters e.g. the armed forces cerebella
This I think is something that does need to be dealt with, but it's been mentioned in other threads so it's kind of unnecessary to post it all across the forum. This forum is not a big place (yet), so the devs can easily read everything that's in the Suggestions forum :)

Yes true :D

Guess it will encourage people to play Prize Event!