• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Armour Vs. Invincibility

Psyche

Reaction score
At what point, and why, is armour able to stack to sheer 100% damage resistance? Personally I would prefer for it to reach a maximum significantly lower than that, but I don't mind much. The thing I find frustrating is that the game insistently refers to it as stacked armour as though it is not just invincibility. The case example is the fight condition of which I don't remember the exact name, but it states that the enemy starts the match with a stack of five armour for a certain amount of seconds. This is almost misleading as 'armour' in virtually every other gaming context I can think of only ever helps to reduce damage, never negate it completely. That is why, in my first few attempts, I actually attacked at the start of the match thinking my efforts wouldn't be entirely futile, as I thought I would at least be scratching off one or two percent of health. All I'm saying is that presenting something that is quite clearly invulnerability as something else which is traditionally viewed as a mitigator of damage, not a nullifier, can be confusing for new players.

At what point, and why, is armour able to stack to sheer 100% damage resistance? Personally I would prefer for it to reach a maximum significantly lower than that, but I don't mind much. The thing I find frustrating is that the game insistently refers to it as stacked armour as though it is not just invincibility.
The case example is the fight condition of which I don't remember the exact name, but it states that the enemy starts the match with a stack of five armour for a certain amount of seconds.
By the time you've reached that 5 stack starting fight, you've been introduced to the idea of Armor, and how it gradually gets more powerful the more it's stacked. I do agree that 5 stack giving you straight up 100% defense is a bit nuts, there is a downside to it:
Invincibility and Armor are very different things in this game. To negate armor all you need to do is hit them with an armor breaking move. Peacock's Argus Agony for example. Doesn't matter how may stacks of Armor they have, a single Armor Breaker will remove all of them in one shot.
Invincibility is straight up invincibility. You can't get rid of it except by tagging them out.

EDIT: I was totally mistaken about Armor Breaking Invincibility. Ignore that last part :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joanie
Actually, armor break counters both armor and invincibility. If your can apply armor break to an opponent with 4 stacks of armor or one with invincibility, it will remove both effects and inflict armor break.

You can read more about how to counter certain combat effects here: http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/all-combat-effects-explained.42/
I wonder if this is still true? Neat little “secret”. But I guess the name armor break is supposed to break all forms of armor, thorns maybe? I think Armor break is starting to become kinda “rare”, as far as SAs and new blockbusters go.

Reactions: BallotBoxer