• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Bad Perfomance

Bygoofy2708

Reaction score
Bad perfomance in the Xiaomi redmi 5 plus
it is lagged a lot:(

Bad perfomance in the Xiaomi redmi 5 plus
it is lagged a lot:(
Have you tried using the performance options in the options menu under the gameplay tab?

From there, you can reduce the game resolution, and also disable lighting. Both of these options should increase performance.

Have you tried using the performance options in the options menu under the gameplay tab?

From there, you can reduce the game resolution, and also disable lighting. Both of these options should increase performance.
I did it and still nothing :(

I did it and still nothing :(
Are you familiar with common FPS values? Do you have an idea of what kind of performance you're getting?

Skullgirls runs at 30 FPS on almost every device. Just in case you're expecting 60 FPS, that would be good to know. Sub 30 FPS is obviously less than desired, but we'll have to find your device and get it in house so we can see what's causing the low performance... and that can be a bit difficult to organize sometimes.

I imagine Android probably has an app to measure performance and print out an FPS value?

Are you familiar with common FPS values? Do you have an idea of what kind of performance you're getting?

Skullgirls runs at 30 FPS on almost every device. Just in case you're expecting 60 FPS, that would be good to know. Sub 30 FPS is obviously less than desired, but we'll have to find your device and get it in house so we can see what's causing the low performance... and that can be a bit difficult to organize sometimes.

I imagine Android probably has an app to measure performance and print out an FPS value?
What should I do now :(

What should I do now :(
Unfortunately there's not much we can do either... =(

Skullgirls is a pretty demanding game, and the high quality art and backgrounds are taxing on most graphics cards built into phones.

We've tested performance bench marks with a Xiaomi Mi 5, which uses the Adreno 530 graphics card, and that produced great results (solid 25 - 30 FPS). Your device is using the Adreno 506, which is quite a bit older.

Here's a benchmark (scroll down) comparing performance of of the Adreno 530 vs the Adreno 506:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Adreno-530-vs-Adreno-506_7062_7443.247598.0.html

Seems like your card is much worse than the one we tested previously (Xiaomi Mi 5) which didn't quite hit a perfect 30 FPS all the time, so this adds up to me. When we put an app on the Google Play Store, we know that not every device is going to have the hardware required to run the game, but the option is either:

A) Prevent those users from playing the game entirely. (Likely not your preferred option!)
B) Allow those users to play the game if they desire, even though the performance may be less than desirable.

We went with option B for most cases.

For more Android device compatibility details, you can check this thread here:
http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/official-device-compatibility.113/

We're always making performance optimizations with each update, and hopefully we can get you closer to the performance benchmark you're looking for with each patch. Just keep in mind there is only so much optimization we can do, and it's likely you will need to upgrade your device to play Skullgirls smoothly.

Reactions: Bygoofy2708