• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Black Dahlia voice lines too quiet

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
In my opinion, it is too difficult to hear some of Black Dahlia’s intro and outro voice lines. I have my music volume in the game set to around 70-80%, while the SFX volume is max, and yet the music still drowns out several of her voice lines to the point where I can’t make out what she’s saying. I don’t really have this issue with other Characters. I think the base audio levels for her voice lines should be increased so that her lines can be heard with comparable clarity to other characters without effectively muting the music. Thanks!

Just wanted to readdress this. My music volume is set to around 60-70%, and I had a match as BD against Ms Fortune. I could tell Dahlia was saying something but it was so quiet that I couldn’t make out the words. I really think audio levels for some character need to be increased so that their voice lines can be clearly heard. Either that or give us the ability to go through character voice lines outside of fights (but preferably the first option).

subtitles. yes. make it float around the character when they say it. just a suggestion

Reactions: BallotBoxer
subtitles. yes. make it float around the character when they say it. just a suggestion
I feel like this would be acceptable but less than ideal. VAs put work into those lines and deserve to be heard. Reading the lines wouldn’t be the same experience (although it would be better than not understanding the lines at all).

Also, while I am 100% naive to the process of game development, my gut feels like it’d be easier to adjust basal volume levels for content that already exists rather than introduce entirely new content (even if the new content were just floating text).

VAs put work into those lines and deserve to be heard. Reading the lines wouldn’t be the same experience
Yup I fully agree with you
although it would be better than not understanding the lines at all
yeah exactly. If not full lines, they can implement small one word ones like the ones character say when they get get hit or something, for a comical touch.
my gut feels like it’d be easier to adjust basal volume levels for content that already exists rather than introduce entirely new content
Yup it will be easier to just adjust the volume levels

new loading screens when?

Reactions: TonyPartridge30
I mostly play on mute, but I have noticed Dahlia's tag in/out lines, victory phrases, and some blockbusters (kick the oil barrel) are low and hard to understand. The same could be said about Marie's echo-y voice lines which I often saw people on Twitter saying "what did she say?" I also have trouble with what Double says.

Subtitles would be nice, but difficult to fit on the screen. I'm trying to think of another fighting game that does subtitles. Perhaps Tekken or Soulcalibur...

In my opinion, it is too difficult to hear some of Black Dahlia’s intro and outro voice lines. I have my music volume in the game set to around 70-80%, while the SFX volume is max, and yet the music still drowns out several of her voice lines to the point where I can’t make out what she’s saying. I don’t really have this issue with other Characters. I think the base audio levels for her voice lines should be increased so that her lines can be heard with comparable clarity to other characters without effectively muting the music. Thanks!
Hello there dear friend, actually I did create a forum post regarding about this matter. Please do check out around my other forum posts and check around on my others section forums and check out on my suggestions on about voices sound effects setting options then give on up a vote from there.

I also asked a request to our dear devs here to make up some improvement settings on aufio voices regarding mostly the characters voices especially about that annoying announcer that krot speaking up outloud over each fighters's end battle quotes.

Thank you also for posting this useful thread.

Have a great good day and enjoy the game. God bless and take good care 😊😉👍✌️