1. We’ve updated our privacy policy to better describe the data we collect, and how we use it. You can find the updated version here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

If you have any questions, please contact us at skullgirls@hiddenvariable.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Character Pick Rate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Underdog, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Underdog

Underdog Member

okay, I absolutely love this game for a multitude of reasons. It is also the only game I actually have been apart of the forums for. That being said there’s a huge problem with character pick rate. Let’s be honest the game is dominated by Cerebella and Beowulf. Don’t get me wrong I love, love, love Beowulf. He and Peacock are my favorite. However, I’ve noticed that every prize fight team has one or two Cerebellas and occasionally a Beowulf. Fillia and Valentine are non-existent in the game at the moment. Painwheel, Eliza, Parasoul, and Peacock also share a very low pick rate, but see way more play then Fillia and Valentine. I think there needs to be some tweaks to the above Characters so that we see more variety in the roster.

2. Fel

Fel Active Member

Because PFs are sorted by some combination of highest FS among active players, at a certain point you will only see fighters with the highest fighter scores. This being Harlequin, Wulfsbane, Epic Sax etc. The devs have said they would allow setting defense teams and consider changing up the formula in the future to encourage a more diverse experience.

3. Spryhyperion844

Spryhyperion844 New Member

Lol last night I yelled oh...my....god as I pulled an oh mai valentine from a daily

4. JamJar

JamJar New Member

It does need to change but i'd be lying if said i don't appreciate not having to deal with any annoying unflinching untouchable peacocks and armed forces cerebellas after a while.

Also being able to set defensive teams does sound like an interesting idea but i don't see how that would change the silver prizefights being nothing but bigtops and the occasional resonant evil

5. Small Band

Small Band New Member

I already feel like there are defense teams, because I refuse to believe so many people use really defensive fighters (Untouchable Peacock, AF Cerebella, SG/LH Valentine?) to progress in PFs over the usual damage dealers.

6. Fel

Fel Active Member

If there was then you'd probably see an option for it haha. Theyre just sadists like @moisterrific who puts a 10k hp max defense armed forced on their team just because.

7. Liam

Liam Not An Actual Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

As mentioned, this is because Cerebella and Beowulf have a high natural Fighter Score, and that's what PF teams use for difficulty.
    We have big plans for Prize Fights soon as mentioned in our 2018 thread that should really change how these teams are constructed (and fought against).

After players are able to put together their own unique defense teams, a lot of the niche fighters that don't much use at the moment are really going to shake things up with their Signature Abilities.

8. moisterrific

moisterrific Well-Known Member

Defensive fighters take forever to win because they have terrible damage per second but winning is practically guaranteed.
    Offensive fighters are significantly faster with more DPS but the win isn't guaranteed, because if you mess up you'll get bodied since most DPS carries are squishy.

Actually she has 76.8k HP max defence
    [​IMG]

9. Fel

Fel Active Member

Still no match for my bleedy boi