• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Dark Might deserves to be good too

TheBullGuy

Reaction score
Hi, i'm main Beowulf.
I have used the character in all its versions and made everyone shine.
A rework of Dark Might was done a while ago and I must say what a very bad job they did with his ability.

They removed the Instakill for a mechanic that is useless. Making Beowulf's attacks unstoppable makes no sense since he has a set with many movements that already are, and on top of that that ability is only activated if you manage to activate the first one.

It seems to me that they have given him a much lower performance, since he does not have the ability to defeat strong defenses like before.

I suggest you bring his old SA2 with an upgrade or directly make another new SA2 that makes it stop being considered (The Worst Diamond Beowulf) because making an unblockable Lupine Pummel makes no sense,
please make Dark Might able to be loved like the other diamonds.

I can even give you an idea
SA2:
Blockbusters cause quietus for 10 seconds
If the Blockbuster is Tier 3 they also have a 25/35/50% chance of causing instant death to enemies if they suffer a permanent negative effect.

I have the opposite feeling. The new Power Surge + Curse affliction makes him a really good defender. I now have to slot dusters in my kit to bring him out that would otherwise be a super helpful special move.

I have the opposite feeling. The new Power Surge + Curse affliction makes him a really good defender. I now have to slot dusters in my kit to bring him out that would otherwise be a super helpful special move.
It's not a good defense, you just need to force relief and it falls easily.
Besides, I'm not talking about SA1. He has problems with resistance but it is not the useless skill, the second ability is the one that is useless

Unblockable lupine pummel makes no sense. But spamming unblockable chairs till the opponent dies is fun as hell.

I've seen Rift Defenses with DMight, UHost, and DWish. UHost and DWish carry the defense team a lot, but DMight turns out to be a really great choice as a third defender. He forces opponents to spam outtakes to kill him first rather than DWish. If they mess up, permanent Curse has direct synergy with UHost, making her harder to take down. And during those outtake spams, you might get unlucky and they switch to UHost, chipping your health from the curse and preventing you from getting any buffs.

Reactions: transalpina
Idk what to tell you. Dark Might was dogshit and nobody used him before the change, now I'm seeing him in every other Prize Fight.
That has a very obvious explanation, it was made to attack in the past, now that the ability is used as a supposed defensive support it is clear that they will place it in defense

In addition, a simple relay is enough to overcome it and sometimes you don't even need the relay

Unblockable lupine pummel makes no sense. But spamming unblockable chairs till the opponent dies is fun as hell.

I've seen Rift Defenses with DMight, UHost, and DWish. UHost and DWish carry the defense team a lot, but DMight turns out to be a really great choice as a third defender. He forces opponents to spam outtakes to kill him first rather than DWish. If they mess up, permanent Curse has direct synergy with UHost, making her harder to take down. And during those outtake spams, you might get unlucky and they switch to UHost, chipping your health from the curse and preventing you from getting any buffs.
As such, that ability is a "guarantee" of victory, but with a cost and it would serve you in PF only if you use support, in Rift it only works with people who don't manage relays, so in the only case that I think it works for you is in air week only.
Because beowulf's AI doesn't know how to use it, no one would go against impious and desire without a proper counter