• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Data loss

Archimedes5000

Reaction score
So I started playing like 3 days ago, made some progress and today I lost all my data... I used guest login since i just started so I cant retrieve my data.
So how did it happen? I was playing and suddenly my battery died while i was still ingame. I charged my phone and now i see that all my data is lost... And its not only game data, the game wants me to download all 30 files you need to download on first start...
Phone: LG G4
System: Android 6.0
SEND HELP PLZ

Ps.: sorry I dont know if this is more of a crash bug or normal bug lol

Last edited:
I did an experiment and after I agreed to terms of service I removed my battery and when I launched the game again, I was asked again! I didnt happen if i quited the game before removing battery, so there is definetly something about it

Hey, @Archimedes5000.

We'll investigate the dead battery = logged out of your Guest account issue and see if we're able to reproduce the same result that you get here. Note that if you plan on continuing your progress in Skullgirls at all, you should not be using a Guest account.

The moment that you log out of a Guest account, all of that data is lost. We only suggest Guest accounts for users looking to try the game out for an hour or two to see if they like it. If you want to save your data, please create a login binding using Facebook, Google, LINE, or an email address.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hey, @Archimedes5000.

We'll investigate the dead battery = logged out of your Guest account issue and see if we're able to reproduce the same result that you get here. Note that if you plan on continuing your progress in Skullgirls at all, you should not be using a Guest account.

The moment that you log out of a Guest account, all of that data is lost. We only suggest Guest accounts for users looking to try the game out for an hour or two to see if they like it. If you want to save your data, please create a login binding using Facebook, Google, LINE, or an email address.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
You can flag it as solved. Hopefully I just started so I have already revovered from that data loss and now im using email login so it will not happen ever again. Unfortunetly data loss bug still happens (about 1 out of 3 tries) and I have to recover my data every time... One thing that bothers me is that every time it happens, game files are downloaded again and Im pretty sure that the number rises every time... Last time I have reached 79 files while I think there were about 27 or 36 when I first started :/

You can flag it as solved. Hopefully I just started so I have already revovered from that data loss and now im using email login so it will not happen ever again. Unfortunetly data loss bug still happens (about 1 out of 3 tries) and I have to recover my data every time... One thing that bothers me is that every time it happens, game files are downloaded again and Im pretty sure that the number rises every time... Last time I have reached 79 files while I think there were about 27 or 36 when I first started :/

Just to confirm, this happens any time that your device runs out of battery while you are playing? As long as you keep your device charged, and the battery does not die, this doesn't happen?

Yes as far as I tested it happens only when power source is lost while ingame. Data loss happens in about 1 out of 3 tries.

Ps.: I dont know if this helps, but language data appears to survive every time data loss happens. After data loss it asks me to agree to terms of service, but language choosing window did not appear ever again.