• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Evolving your fighters

moisterrific

Reaction score
Evolved fighters have higher stats that match their new tier with signature abilities staying the same as before. Upgrading the skill tree of an evolved fighter still costs the same amount of skill points and coins as their original tier, despite fight requirements recognizing evolved fighters as their new tier.

Feel free to discuss which bronze or silver fighters you'd like to evolve! Personally, I want to evolve Big Top Cerebella and Bloody Valentine Eliza because I think their signature abilities are some of the best out of all the existing silver fighters. Big Top Cerebella can survive devastating level 3 blockbusters once per fight because she can revive with up to 50% HP and 6 seconds of unflinching and invincibility. While Bloody Valentine Eliza can instantly get up to 10% health back when either fighter uses a special move and 15% meter for blockbuster when the opponent uses their blockbuster. Resonant Evil Big Band and No Egrets Parasoul are good ones too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MightyZug
As a quick note, even though evolved lower Tier characters will always have lower base stats compared to "Natural" higher tier characters, one of the advantages of lower Tier characters is the fact that their Skill Trees are MUCH less expensive to upgrade.

As such, you are more likely to be able to "Max Out" an Evolved Bronze > Silver > Gold character earlier than you would a Natural Gold character, given that significantly less resources are required.

Last edited:
Feel free to discuss which bronze or silver fighters you'd like to evolve! Personally I want to evolve Big Top Cerebella and Bloody Valentine Eliza because I think their signature abilities are some of the best out of all the existing silver fighters.
Honestly I haven't actually looked very deeply into what individual characters abilities are, so I've yet to evolve someone based on any particular skills.
I think the only one I'm leaning towards evolving to gold is Oh Mai Valentine, just because I paid real money for her and figure I should use her a bunch :p

Also maybe Scrub Valentine because I have a soft spot for ol' Val apparently.

Honestly I haven't actually looked very deeply into what individual characters abilities are, so I've yet to evolve someone based on any particular skills.
I think the only one I'm leaning towards evolving to gold is Oh Mai Valentine, just because I paid real money for her and figure I should use her a bunch :p

Also maybe Scrub Valentine because I have a soft spot for ol' Val apparently.

You're so lucky you managed to get her. The welcome pack never even showed up in the store for me!

Valentine is a good choice, especially when now they've fixed her Forbidden Prodcedure BB2. The ability to bring back fallen teammates can really change the outcome of the fight.

Isn't Valentine the worst character in this game though?

All her long ranged attacks deal like no damage compared to Parasoul or Peacock.

Still... I never knew there was a "forbidden procedure" skill which lets you revive teammates??!!! This seems pretty good.

Isn't Valentine the worst character in this game though?

All her long ranged attacks deal like no damage compared to Parasoul or Peacock.

Still... I never knew there was a "forbidden procedure" skill which lets you revive teammates??!!! This seems pretty good.

Statistically, Valentine and Filia have some of the lowest min. and max. fighter scores relative to other characters like Cerebella, Eliza, Big Band, etc.

Statistically, Valentine and Filia have some of the lowest min. and max. fighter scores relative to other characters like Cerebella, Eliza, Big Band, etc.

Hm.. I've always considered Filia an S+ tier champion because she used to be able to chain a lot of her moves and it seems unblockable most of the time. Now with the new blocking AI system where they can infinitely block whatever not sure she is still as good as before.

Valentine for me has always felt super weak because just compare her ranged attacks to Parasoul/peacock.

But then her melee skills (that needle in the face) hits like a brick so it kinda balances it out I guess....

I don't know. I have a lot of golds at level 30 and Valentine has the LOWEST fighter score by a LONG margin. Especially when compared to say, Cerebella.

Hm.. I've always considered Filia an S+ tier champion because she used to be able to chain a lot of her moves and it seems unblockable most of the time. Now with the new blocking AI system where they can infinitely block whatever not sure she is still as good as before.

She's still pretty good, I managed to beat a entire team of over 20k FS without losing much health using Filia. And she has the lowest FS of 6770 out of all the other high level gold fighters I had.

Valentine for me has always felt super weak because just compare her ranged attacks to Parasoul/peacock.

While Valentine does have one of the weakest BB3 and specials, her BB2 Forbidden Procedure and BB1 Countervenoms are very good. I think the lower damage is meant to balance how her every attack doesn't provide enemies with scratch damage.

Hmm I've never gotten the Forbidden Procedure and been playing for 2 months +.

What does BB1 Countervenom do?

I don't think Ive gotten that either but may have accidentally sold it by mistake!

All of her moves that deal no damage and she just sticks a needle in the air seems completely pointless to me....

Hmm I've never gotten the Forbidden Procedure and been playing for 2 months +.

What does BB1 Countervenom do?

I don't think Ive gotten that either but may have accidentally sold it by mistake!

All of her moves that deal no damage and she just sticks a needle in the air seems completely pointless to me....
Some blockbusters and specials were likely unavailable in the drop table since they were not working properly. I never got Forbidden Procedure either, and the Countervenom BBs seems to have a lower drop rate than others. I've seen opponents with Forbidden Procedure and when they used it all it did was give them Regen instead of reviving teammates.

There are 2 Countervenom BB1s, Countervenom: Detox has a 15% chance to remove all beneficial combat effects. And Countervenom: Paralysis has a 15% chance to stun for 5 seconds. I think these 2 are the best Valentine blockbusters, aside from EKG Flatliner and Forbidden Procedure. Dead on Arrival doesn't do that much damage and the other 2 BBs are often unreliable.

Your a wealth full of information... ty for this!

For Valentine I also use EKG and Countervenom:paralysis.

She doesnt seem to have too many moves unlike other characters though? Or is this just me...

Also not sure how I feel about Laryngectomy...

This is a special type of move that like Merry Go-Rilla is also very poorly explained in the game, and is another hold over from the console game.

Vial Hazard is a two stage move. You use the special once to load a vial full of poison. This does virtually no damage, but the special move will be able to be used instantly again afterwards. When you use the special again Val will throw a needle with whatever special effect.

You have to do this every time. Load a needle with a poison, then throw a needle. It's an awkward setup, but the effects the needles deliver are pretty powerful!

This is a special type of move that like Merry Go-Rilla is also very poorly explained in the game, and is another hold over from the console game.

Vial Hazard is a two stage move. You use the special once to load a vial full of poison. This does virtually no damage, but the special move will be able to be used instantly again afterwards. When you use the special again Val will throw a needle with whatever special effect.

You have to do this every time. Load a needle with a poison, then throw a needle. It's an awkward setup, but the effects the needles deliver are pretty powerful!
yg6L8zu.png

DP4b0gy.png

rKesXNM.png

In theory the needle effects are useful, but in actual fights they almost never work since you'll rarely get an opportunity to load it and there's even less of a chance the needle will hit, because enemies block more often now (especially in expert and high streak fights).

In other news, evolving fighters in 1.2.0 no longer require a lot of canopy coins and skill points. Now you just need 3 bronze characters and 4 silver characters to evolve their respective tiers!

MMcCrAs.png

qBv5p1X.png

Last edited:
Just to clarify, once you upgrade 4 silvers into gold, the character resets to level 1?

Just to clarify, once you upgrade 4 silvers into gold, the character resets to level 1?

Yes, to evolve a fighter you'll need duplicates of the same tier and the fighter you want to evolve must be at max level of their respective tier. Evolving will always reset the fighter's level to 1 of their new tier, but will preserve all the skill tree upgrades.

IMG_4043.PNG

I see...

Do you also know if once evolved, these characters are classified as the new tier? (e.g. silver characters evolved to gold can play "Gold Only Fights"?

I heard from another forum it was bugged and bronze fighters, when upgraded to silver, cannot participate in "Silver only fighters".

I would post this to the bugs forum but it's similar to what we are discussing now... and will be an issue if these are still considered Silver Characters even if they have the evolved Gold frame.

I see...

Do you also know if once evolved, these characters are classified as the new tier? (e.g. silver characters evolved to gold can play "Gold Only Fights"?

I heard from another forum it was bugged and bronze fighters, when upgraded to silver, cannot participate in "Silver only fighters".

I would post this to the bugs forum but it's similar to what we are discussing now... and will be an issue if these are still considered Silver Characters even if they have the evolved Gold frame.

Currently, the game will treat evolved fighters as their new tier in fight requirements. But daily missions will still recognize them as their original tier - this definitely a bug that will be fixed in a future update.

Previously in the last version evolved fighters were still treated as their original tier, so if you had a gold Rerun Peacock you couldn't use her in fights that ask for gold only.