• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"FRAYED ENDS" - Strategy and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Frayed Ends.png

This thread is for discussing Filia's bronze variant: "FRAYED ENDS"
General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.

Last edited:
Reactions: JarlBeimar
I personally think frayed ends would great on an armor node with scared stiff and a sg her utility come to her abilities to give any fighter a bleed and permanently keep the bleed so with that in mind as you give her like something to constantly keep her health up high ex: sg or last hope should be an annoying fighter but paired with armor almost unstoppable

I personally think frayed ends would great on an armor node with scared stiff and a sg her utility come to her abilities to give any fighter a bleed and permanently keep the bleed so with that in mind as you give her like something to constantly keep her health up high ex: sg or last hope should be an annoying fighter but paired with armor almost unstoppable

I mean, I'd just use Bloodbath or a Silent Kill with ICU to fight her to negate most of that, but what you're describing can be effective combo. Frayed End's other big weakness would be her low health in higher tiers of play, since she's a Filia, who has low health to start with, and upgrading her is only going to make that problem more noticeable. The combo won't have time to do much if a Primed Parasoul kills her in one to two hits.

Again, this is not to say that the combo that you describe does not have some real advantages. Just mentioning what it's weaknesses are as well.

I think Twisted Mettle seems to be more popular in this role, because her Marquee Ability can give her a lot more defense on average, and keep the fight going longer. Twisted can't make the bleeds permanent, but is often likely to generate more of them.

Nobody ever used this thread before eh? Well let me add some more details to it while joining the conversation.I'll be honest, I like FE a lot.

While her base stats are low, very low even, she does often make up for all of these. Much like Bad Hair Day having a MA is absolutely necessary for FE to shine - if the enemy is not bleeding she isn't doing her job.

Being able to permableed through block makes her dangerous to anything that is bleeding and she doubles down on it with her SA2, which should not be underestimated. When her opponent is suffering from bleed, which should be at all times unless the opponent is bleed immune, FE's feeble atk stat gets severely buffed, going from the worst Filia atk stat, to above Pweave (which compared to other characters is not that much, but Trichobezoar in air or Fenrir Drive can deal relevant damage)

Her main weakness of course is that she is helpless against anything bleed immune, and her hp is very low.

Recommended Stats build in order of priority : HP, Def, Meter Gain, Atk, Block prof (block prof is mostly if you plan on using her on atk, hence lowest priority) - As a filler stat she can definitely make use out of crit resist, which could help against brute force attempts.

Move Set - French twist, Gregor Samson, Trichobezoar or Fenrir (or both), X X (I personally run Fenrir, Tricho, Gregor, Twist, Burst)

Diamond worthy? - Only if you plan on using her on rift defense, never diamond FE before fire carries (like Sheltered for example)

Rift Strategy :
her SA is likely to force a bleed counter to be used on her node. Which isn't a problem if she your only bleed on hit character in the rift - but becomes trouble some when you have 3 of them in addition to the bleed node already existing.
Her SA can not be worked around by anything else other than a bleed counter, and her MA allows her to punish any single mistake that is made while fighting her. In comparison, Twisted Mettle has both her bleed and MA being enemy crit dependent. Which in turn means she can be completely walked through.

I advise against using FE on any main node, as this is likely to force your opponent to take her seriously, she excels at fighting weaker opponents that may not even realize she can one shot them with the Trichobezoar, but you should not expect her to gain that many defense wins, her job is to lower your opponent's score and she sometimes may get over eager and accidentally get a kill.

If you have nothing to put on the half time node use her there, otherwise her home is at any 2 fighter nodes that are NOT the bleed node. (Never use a bleed fighter on a bleed node, unless it's Class Cutter)

I mean, I'd just use Bloodbath or a Silent Kill with ICU to fight her to negate most of that, but what you're describing can be effective combo. Frayed End's other big weakness would be her low health in higher tiers of play, since she's a Filia, who has low health to start with, and upgrading her is only going to make that problem more noticeable. The combo won't have time to do much if a Primed Parasoul kills her in one to two hits.

Again, this is not to say that the combo that you describe does not have some real advantages. Just mentioning what it's weaknesses are as well.

I think Twisted Mettle seems to be more popular in this role, because her Marquee Ability can give her a lot more defense on average, and keep the fight going longer. Twisted can't make the bleeds permanent, but is often likely to generate more of them.
Well instead I would just use scared stiff SG and resonat evil but it was an thought