• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"G.I. JAZZ" - Strategy and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Band.png

This thread is for discussing Big Band's new Gold variant, "G.I. JAZZ".
General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
Bonus stats: +50% meter gain, +35% defence, +100% HP, +75% ATK

Best loadout:
  • Tuba Tuba BB3
  • Super-sonic Jazz BB1
  • Beat Extend BB1
  • Cymbal Clash
  • Noise Cancel
General strategy:
  • Start the match with ground combo and into a full launcher juggle
  • If the enemy blocks, then anticipate their counter attack and bait using Noise Cancel, then start with dash attack into full combo when they’re stunned
  • Force your opponent into their corner and full combo them, do not end the juggle with a trip attack
  • Instead, use Cymbal Clash and queue Super-sonic Jazz
  • After Jazz hits, use Beat Extend while they’re falling
  • Always try to use Noise Cancel to parry attacks instead of blocking
  • Use Noise Cancel when the next enemy tags in to stun them, works 99% of the time
  • Use Tuba Tuba at your own discretion, whether to shut down an opponent or to secure a kill
  • Tuba Tuba easily combos into Super-sonic Jazz and Beat Extend
Team position & role: Doesn’t matter, all Big Band variants (maybe except Bassline) are capable of solo carrying in most situations, and G.I. Jazz is no different.

Just got this guy in a 10 + 1 premier pack but I also have all of the bronze and silver big bands. Is it worth spending the points on GI or should I spend them on the other big bands first? (Have a fully upgraded resonant evil but nothing else)

It's nice that after the updgrade he doesn't tag out while his special abilities starts, but it's not yet enough. Why don't add also immunity to the second sa? So at least he can be more useful, right now he only add seconds to his beating and any character with bleed or armor break simply ignore those few seconds.

It's nice that after the updgrade he doesn't tag out while his special abilities starts, but it's not yet enough. Why don't add also immunity to the second sa? So at least he can be more useful, right now he only add seconds to his beating and any character with bleed or armor break simply ignore those few seconds.

I say combine SA one and two and give him a brand new SA2 along the lines of, “No fighter can tag out while big band has immunity/regen/under 50% hp.”

Just to make sure he doesn’t lose those buffs, and this would prevent outakes too, so it’s not just the no tag outs buff. I understand how this could hinder a player who wants to tag him out and bring in another fighter, but let’s be real. Does anyone actually play GIJazz on offense? I’m working on getting mine to max level but he mostly just sits on the sidelines. Poor sap.

• Sad
Reactions: Art3mes
Or how about this!

SA1: Gain 5 stacks of armor for 10 seconds when dropping below 25% health

SA2: Restore 2% health per second while bigband has armor.

This way G.I.Jazz can benefit from his taunt and minimize the anger felt from bigband tagging out right when his sa activates. Also bleed wouldn’t be able to ruin the day either. And of course armor break is underutilized, so here it can really get a chance to shine.

I’d actually really like this change, can we have this one pllllllleeeeeeaaaasssseeeeeee

I think G.I Jazz needs better stats as than the current stats, especially when getting buffs, please suggest better stats

Or how about this!

SA1: Gain 5 stacks of armor for 10 seconds when dropping below 25% health

SA2: Restore 2% health per second while bigband has armor.

This way G.I.Jazz can benefit from his taunt and minimize the anger felt from bigband tagging out right when his sa activates. Also bleed wouldn’t be able to ruin the day either. And of course armor break is underutilized, so here it can really get a chance to shine.

I’d actually really like this change, can we have this one pllllllleeeeeeaaaasssseeeeeee
That's the best stats G.I Jazz can have that way, he can be nice and troublesome to defeat, this is a good suggestion 👍