• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Geatish Trepak not counting as a Grab

Hermech_Crab

Reaction score
For a long while, I've noticed something strange with Geatish Trepak, Beowulf's russian kicking super that starts with a grab. When using my WolfBane, I Geatish Trepak would never trigger Force Choke ever, while Lupine Pummel did it about every time. Which was a bit bizarre, both supers are grabs, so why was one activating Wulf's SA but the other wasn't?

So I did a little test in training: comparing the damage of a Cold Stones with Geatish Trepak before and after adding an Understudy with her ability tree maxed (Understudy grants the entire team bonus damage to all grabs) and to my surprise, on both times, the damage was the same! For some reason or another, Geatish Trepak wasn't being counted as a grab period!

in the original Skullgirls both Lupine Pummel and Geatish Trapak were attacks only able to be used during Beowulf's grabbing stance, meaning all of the attacks associated with it should be treated as grabs as well. Most of my Beowulf BBs just happen to be Geatish Trepaks as well, so I would very much love for this attack to be treated as a grab with the rest of its brethren

@Hermech_Crab Going to move this to the feedback forum, since it's not a bug. Keep in mind that not all functionality will be 1:1 with og console Skullgirls. We try to maintain consistency when possible, but due to the nature of the mobile platform, balance, and a healthy meta, some functionality and behavior may change with certain moves and characters. We appreciate and welcome any and all feedback, though! The players and community as a whole definitely have a voice when it comes to shaping the game. Thanks for the post!

Its those details that i figure would be confusing.
Geatish starts up as a grab for simplicity, but deals no grab damage, because those are kicks. Lupine pummel deals grab damage because beowulf controls the opponent, kicking them while holding them.