• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

gripes and issues

NewNameFriend

Reaction score
(Excuse me for typos or strange grammar errors, I'm typing from my phone) I don't understand why you guys play this game stoll. It was fun at first and looked just like real Skullgirls, but this mobile version is an actual joke. Just by playing this game for a little over a month I've discovered way too many issues to be acceptable in a game with a annoying pay to play time lock feature. I'll just start by listing off a few bugs I've discovered and issues I have with the game. -Crouching as Cerebella against a Parasoul or Valentine while near the right wall will force the CPU to block as soon as it gets up, but it will drop its block and try to dash attack in right as Cerebella's crouch ends and her fist hitbox comes out, resulting in an infinite that the CPU can't break out of. Fudging up the timing and not being in the correct position will make this not work. -Peacock's Hole Idea is beyond busted, and when used while the CPU is still in hitlag will force the bot to use it's crouch attack as soon as it gets out of hitlag and stands up, even if you are still invulnerable. This literally means that if you can use Hole Idea once, you can win a fight without any risk. -Eliza is too soft and does not enough damage to carry enough weight on a team, and Sekhmet can't do enough to justify this trash-fire character being in the game. -Story Mode doesn't have any real story besides "Uh oh the Medici's are back at their evil shenanigans! Let's stop them!", not at all like the real Skullgirls fully fleshed out story mode. Overlooking all of these issues, the game just feels like an annoying cash grab instead of just a "Skullgirls light". I especially hate the energy systen where you need to pay ACTUAL MONEY to buy theonite to regenerate energy. You need to pay money to PLAY THE GAME. It feels like you're at an arcade. There isn't any real sense of accomplishment in the game because you can just cheese every win by abusing bugs, and the lack of an real player vs player online experience takes even more meaning from this game. It feels like I'm playing a demo rather than a fully developed game.

This game isn't for you then.
All your points are valid, but consider this game was developed with mobile in mind, so you can can your six button gameplay experience.
I have a suggestion for you. Play skullgirls 2nd encore it has everything that you miss

Reactions: Keebs
-Crouching as Cerebella against a Parasoul or Valentine while near the right wall will force the CPU to block as soon as it gets up, but it will drop its block and try to dash attack in right as Cerebella's crouch ends and her fist hitbox comes out, resulting in an infinite that the CPU can't break out of.

-Peacock's Hole Idea is beyond busted, and when used while the CPU is still in hitlag will force the bot to use it's crouch attack as soon as it gets out of hitlag and stands up, even if you are still invulnerable. This literally means that if you can use Hole Idea once, you can win a fight without any risk.

Thanks for the feedback!
Lower level AI is intended to be taken advantage of as the player gets used to how the game handles, but higher level AI should be a bit harder to exploit.
I'll pass this along; We have many AI improvements in the works for later updates.
-Eliza is too soft and does not enough damage to carry enough weight on a team, and Sekhmet can't do enough to justify this trash-fire character being in the game.
We've been keeping an eye on Eliza's performance and our last major update was focused on giving her some quality of life changes to help her perform better, especially as Sekhmet.

Significant Sekhmet Mode Improvements
  • Sekhmet charge attacks are now Unblockable
  • All Sekhmet BBs (Turn, Bite, and Fury) now have shorter startup time and trigger heavy hit pause to improve combo-ability
  • If a move is queued while Eliza is in Sekhmet mode, she will now transition back to Eliza mode and execute the move, instead of transitioning back to Eliza mode and doing nothing (despite still triggering the cooldown/meter drain for the move)
If you still feel she is weak and doesn't feel good to play, then I encourage you to share your specific Eliza feedback in another thread for us to read over.
-Story Mode doesn't have any real story besides "Uh oh the Medici's are back at their evil shenanigans! Let's stop them!", not at all like the real Skullgirls fully fleshed out story mode.
Our 1.3.0 update will feature the start of our Origin Stories, which should have the story content you're looking for as well as harder difficulty levels.
I especially hate the energy systen where you need to pay ACTUAL MONEY to buy theonite to regenerate energy. You need to pay money to PLAY THE GAME.
You can earn Theonite for free by completing tasks such as Story Mode content, Prize Fights, Player Level Ups, and Daily Missions.
The more characters and teams you gather from playing, the longer you can play before you'll need a recharge.

Two separate Energy bars for Prize Fights / Story and Daily Events, with a growing roster, should give you plenty of playtime before needing to spend Theonite.