• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Growing Pains: Painwheel's Origin Story

ROTHY

Reaction score
Poor Carol.

Carol wakes up in Lab Zero where Valentine runs her through some tests and makes her mad. She goes on to explain that she is built to destroy the Skullgirl, but all Carol cares about is going back home, which Val promises she can go back after her mission is over.

Brain Drain sends her out to beat up the recurring Medici goons. She feels awful about it, but Val explains the Medicis were the ones to kidnap her. Painwheel gets upset and runs off.

Arriving in Maplecrest, Painwheel calms down at the familiar sights before attempting to return to her parents. She tries removing her mask to no avail, and Brain Drain recalls her to implant the mind control device in her.

Compared to the previous two, nothing really blew me away about this. Other than the reveal that the Medicis were the ones to give Carol over to Lab Zero, the only lore bit that stands out is her being designated as ASG-87, which just makes me wonder who all others are.

Seeing Painwheel canonically happy was very nice but... everything about this story mode just adds to what happened in her storyline.
With her finally seeing her parents and then just... them running. Carol deserves so much better (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)

You guys really don't need to spoiler these messages :p
If anyone comes into a thread talking about her story, then gets angry when they read spoilers for her story that's their own fault.

Reactions: Shadowmaster757
Dang, poor Carol.
Being abducted and turned into a hurting monster "for the greater good".
I wanted to slap Val in the face "oh gee, you don't like being in pain and not being able to leave? well too bad, stop thinking about yourself and think about all the people being hurt by Skullgirls. Now shut up and do what i say".

Poor Carol didn't ask for any of this :(

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it felt like this Origin had much less dialogue then the previous ones for Patricia and Ben?
Could've used a bit more to flesh it out imo.
Still pretty good, really makes me want to protect Painwheel and see her happy :(
And frick Val >:/

You guys really don't need to spoiler these messages :p
If anyone comes into a thread talking about her story, then gets angry when they read spoilers for her story that's their own fault.
Mine was more of blocking out what happens after SGM. It may be a bit silly, but I don't want to ruin someone's run when they actually get the game.

Honestly, I was disappointed with this one, seemed rushed. We got some awesome before big band and peacock storylines with the other origin stories. Which was great. I looked forward to this one the most since painwheel is one of my favorite characters. We learned about as much about Valentine and Brain Drain as we did Carol. I was really hoping to see some before kidnapping story. Or some insight into the struggle with the mind control, or how it even works. Kinda bummed after finishing it

Honestly, I was disappointed with this one, I was really hoping to see some before kidnapping story.
I get the feeling that Carol's (and Filia's) pasts are very important to the current landscape of the Skullgirls universe. Sadly I doubt we'll be seeing much of anything about that until the actual story reveals it in a dramatic flashback type deal.

When i think about it, maybe they thought she was a slave like Pea.
Doesn't condone what they have done, but at least they didn't just kidnap a random girl who happened to be Carol.

I remember (?) something about Filia being Lorenzo's granddaughter so what i wonder is why did Medici take Carol, Mafia Princess' bestie?

When i think about it, maybe they thought she was a slave like Pea.
Doesn't condone what they have done, but at least they didn't just kidnap a random girl who happened to be Carol.

I remember (?) something about Filia being Lorenzo's granddaughter so what i wonder is why did Medici take Carol, Mafia Princess' bestie?
Filia's implied to be Medici fam in Squig's story (Outright said) as a Mafia Princess, but Pre-Samson, she didn't really "care" about Carol. One may suggest that Carol annoyed her and she asked someone to "take her out" perhaps. But C'est la vie, I hope it was neither, but it could also have been that Carol was seen as someone who could potentially be able to wield Gae Bolg (her artificial parasite).

We won't know till it's definitely said but hey, a theories are always interesting!

Wait a second... Filia is a Medici....and she said she remembers vaguely about doing something wrong to Painwheel that she regrets. And Samson ate her memories on her request in a deleted ending...And they go to the same school....

Filia wtf did you do...?