Is there any way to evade Unblockable BBs?

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Boomtski, Jun 8, 2017.

1. moisterrific

moisterrific Well-Known Member

Pro tip: with the Supercharger modifier, you get more meter charge for blocking their hits than they do for attacking you while you're blocking. Take advantage of this to charge your BB3 and end the fight quickly before enemies in reserve get more meter charge.

Geebus likes this.
  2. Keebs

Keebs Active Member

I once got grabbed by the AI's merry go rilla while my Cerebella was charging toward them to use Grab Bag... Honestly it was so unexpected I couldn't even be mad because of how bizarre it was. That's not exactly a way to avoid unblockable BB3s, but if you wanna try it, there's always that 1 in a million chance that you actually pull it off.

3. tom641

tom641 Active Member

It sure is super fun trying to do some harder Story Mode stuff, seeing a BB3 on the enemy loadout and knowing that i'm wasting my time trying to fight back.

safr and Wulfden like this.
  4. ThanatosDK

ThanatosDK Active Member

The only defense is figuring out a long combo loop that'll kill your opponent, meter drain or bb stop(no egrets). They're not intended to miss so we have to build assuming they will always hit. I wish that wasn't the case.

5. cheesetiger251

cheesetiger251 New Member

I have managed to dodge a few BB3s with sheer luck.

If you switch characters at the exact right time apparently you dodge some of them. Of course I only managed to do that once so I imagine the window is literally one frame of animation.

6. Tayla_The_Potato

I was reading this thread yesterday and thought hey that shouldn't happen they're unblockable?? But I was just playing one of the Bloody Sunday daily events and I avoided big bands strike up the band while in sekhmet mode. It's a one off and I don't know if I'd be able to replicate it but I was really close to big band and took no damage at all.

7. brassknux

brassknux Active Member

I recall this being pointed out before with the reason being Sekhmet has super armor, so you don't get launched into the air by the initial hits from Strike Up The Band, followed up by the airborne hits which is the main damage of the BB, so it has nothing to do with the distance, really.

8. Tayla_The_Potato

Yeah but you take damage normally from the initial hits that launch you up. I took nothing.

9. brassknux

brassknux Active Member

Hm, that is pretty weird. Guess distance does have something to do with it.
    Sorry for the mix-up.

10. Peacockis2cool4u

This one time I was fighting an opponent in the PFs and I used my Painwheel's BB3, but then it just didn't hit he opponent. What really happened was that when I used that BB3 my opponent tagged in someone else so the BB3 didn't work because I couldn't attack anyone for a couple of seconds. NOTE: It's really hard to pull off. Other than that, it's all I've seen that comes close to 'evading'. Hope this helped!

11. Tayla_The_Potato

So I ended up doing the same thing! It just comes down to getting big bands meter for the BB3 to charge while hitting in sekhmet mode. The AI will want to push sekhmet away and trigger the BB3, but it won't hurt sekhmet at all. Both times I did this it was accidental but I see how it works now.

12. Luke

Luke Member

this here. i usually use my BB3 whenever its charged, and sometimes its during a tag in, and it would start but fail to grab the enemy. but i have to use my BB3 right as the tag in begins for it to fail. tag in takes one or two seconds and if i use BB3 on the last second before a fighter drops in it would still work.

13. safr

safr New Member

This. I start a fight, check the specials/BBs, and if there's an unblockable, I have basically no recourse but to put the tablet down until the defeat screen pops up.

Death by playing poorly = OK
    Death by timeout = OK
    Death by uncounterable moves regardless of how good you are or how much time is left = NOT OK

There's another thread out there as well regarding the issues of BB3, I'm surprised discussion on the topic has pretty much disappeared.

14. missingno

missingno Member

Probably because anyone who tries to bring it up keeps getting shouted down with "Well I'm at max level and I'm not getting OHKOd, so if it doesn't affect me anyone else saying it's an issue must be wrong."

At this point everything there is to say on the matter has been said already. And for all the fuss that's been kicked up, there hasn't been any sort of official reply or anything. So it doesn't look like there's any chance anything will change. :/

Ryouhi and Wulfden like this.
  15. FreyRenoir

FreyRenoir Member

I'm glad the fighter that i've been working for months is OHKOing you :D

Shawesome likes this.
  16. Shawesome

Shawesome Active Member

Honestly I don't avoid the BB3s (I still get OHKO'd sometimes even tho I have a max so I understand the pain) I just prevent them. I use Sekhmet to keep the opponent from doing anything, stunlock with filia, and for painwheel, I kill stuff fast.

17. Ryouhi

Ryouhi Active Member

Actually the Devs are still working on them, looking at the 1.4.0 Patchnotes:

So i'm pretty sure the Devs agree that BB3s aren't perfectly balanced right now (at least not outside of equal FS match-ups).
    Just gotta be patient :)

18. zzMedVeDzz

zzMedVeDzz New Member

How about do them % based? This will swing power towards underdog.

missingno likes this.
  19. Ryouhi

Ryouhi Active Member

I thought about that too, but that makes it more powerful against tanks then and less effective against glass canons.

20. zzMedVeDzz

zzMedVeDzz New Member

Is there a problem with that?

missingno likes this.