• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Last Hope: Valentine's Origin Story

ROTHY

Reaction score
So what did y'all think of it?

Personally, I liked pre-Painwheel Carol's brief appearance and finally getting to see what the team was like.

I really liked it, especially the new art we got to see.
The biggest gripe I had was not due to the story, but the game bugged on me and started me out in Anti-Skullgirl Labs first, and when I beat that it brought me to the world map and I could choose between Downtown or No Man's Land.
I first thought that it was supposed to do that, like a branching path thing, but doing it in Advanced made me play through it normally and I was just like "Oh, I just played through the story all jumbled up."

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
Hallow is best girl. But seriously this was really good. Actually made me sympathize with Valentine for once. And the fact she was hesitant to use Carol surprised me, seeing as she was so rough on her in Painwheel’s Origin Story.

Hallow is best girl. But seriously this was really good. Actually made me sympathize with Valentine for once. And the fact she was hesitant to use Carol surprised me, seeing as she was so rough on her in Painwheel’s Origin Story.
And taking into account the dialogue in the second chapter, it seems only Valentine and Brain Drain knew about Painwheel. Maybe Val was the only one ambitious enough to work in secret with him.

And given how Christmas acts, it's clear she wouldn't have stood for such a cruel experiment, even if she was his girlfriend.

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
And here I thought Valentine may have been lying about the Medicis stealing her first... But what did the Medicis want with Carol? why was this sad schoolgirls who was FIlia's friend, who may I add is a Medici herself, unconscious in a human trafficking warehouse?

And why do I keep getting this dreaded feeling that the thing Filia wanted to forget was putting Carol in this mess?

Hallow is best girl.
Agreed. I really wish we could have seen more of the Last Hope members, but specifically Hallow. It really seemed like Hallow and Valentine had the closest connections of any member of the Last Hope.

Since they aren't tied to restrictions of the video game itself, they should DEFINITELY make Hallow a playable character lol.

Since they aren't tied to restrictions of the video game itself, they should DEFINITELY make Hallow a playable character lol.
I feel like if they made her playable before all of the console characters, there would be some hurt feelings from a few of the fans. Look at how many people want to see ms fortune already! But, once all the standard ones are taken care of...

Reactions: Gibraltor
I feel like if they made her playable before all of the console characters, there would be some hurt feelings from a few of the fans. Look at how many people want to see ms fortune already! But, once all the standard ones are taken care of...
Oh ya, I agree for sure, they still have to finish out the remaining 3 or whatever.

If anything I’d want Annie or Umbrella, and that would be after all the original (and dlc) characters are added. Wouldn’t mind Hallow tho.

Reactions: Gibraltor
In a way we do in Graveyard Shift Val. Ive always considered the possibility of adding small details to some of alternate patterns, weve been told theyre alternate verse clones but not why the differences. In my head GS is Valentine if she ended up with Hallows codename and role rather then Val. Easy to build a character too around the needle moves.

Reactions: Graveyard Heart
In a way we do in Graveyard Shift Val. Ive always considered the possibility of adding small details to some of alternate patterns, weve been told theyre alternate verse clones but not why the differences. In my head GS is Valentine if she ended up with Hallows codename and role rather then Val. Easy to build a character too around the needle moves.
Same! I actually thought that maybe all of the valentines have the same backstories, but presumably used other codenames based on what happened. For instance, in my head SK Val took up the codename hollow because she did have a very close relationship with hollow and presumably became more sadistic and bipolar because of the death of her team.

Unless we want a roster like Tekken where Violet and Lee Chaolan or Ogre and Ancient Ogre exist on the same team, it would really break the consistency of the game to have Hallow as a playable character as she gave her syringes (her signature weapon) to the playable version of Valentine before she died, and Valentine actively uses them in her fighting style along with Patty’s IV pole, Easter’s bodybags and Christmas’ scalpels. The point is that Valentine carries on their legacy alone. It also makes you think that, if to create Valentine’s movelist they needed all of Last Hope’s weapons combined, surely a character with only one of them would be very boring and have a painfully sparse loadout? Maybe if assist characters/moves ever become a thing, I could see it happening, but not as fighters on their own, sorry.

And here I thought Valentine may have been lying about the Medicis stealing her first... But what did the Medicis want with Carol? why was this sad schoolgirls who was FIlia's friend, who may I add is a Medici herself, unconscious in a human trafficking warehouse?

And why do I keep getting this dreaded feeling that the thing Filia wanted to forget was putting Carol in this mess?
That s why filia says to her do i know you?

I enjoyed it, probably my favorite origin so far (only one left is cerebella). Definitely think Hallow and Val were more than just friends/teammates though. Anyone else catch Hallow blushing in act two, right before her and Val started sparring? I bet she wanted to try more than a few new “tricks” on her..

Also, in Val’s bio it says she dislikes candy (Hallow), needless formality (possibly Christmas) and sentimentality (even though she obviously holds a ton of sentimental value in her fallen comrades weapons). Just speculating here, but this could hint towards her tendency to put up an emotional blockade, as well as running away from her past. Wouldn’t be the first time she played the “jerk” card in an attempt to cover her true emotions/intentions; just read between the lines of Painwheel’s origin story.

In a sense, I view Valentine as the Scorpion of the SG universe. She follows her own agenda, and her actions can never really be seen in black and white (unless you own her graveyard shift variation). She’s a chaotic neutral. Only difference is, her hidden intentions are generally for the greater good of mankind, rather than her own personal gain.

i love a good lesbian angst story. never thought i'd feel bad for valentine. i hope we get eliza's origin soon so i can feel bad for a character i used to be willing to sell to satan for one corn chip